• Views 139,388
  • Replies 764
  • Likes 32

TamarindoJuice

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can confirm to anyone that's new and worried, that overclock is safe.If you plan on using it on your sysnand be sure you don't have pirated games on it and used it on your purchased ones you can do so without a problem.Also do not use cheats along with overclock on sysnand online and then blame the overclock it's you using the cheats and mods online that gets you banned.Using frame rate modifiers will also get you in trouble online so again don't blame the overclock, I've been using overclock online and on my console for a year now with 0 issues.

Games like Splatoon or Disney Speedstorm, while online would not detect the higher than usual clocks and report it as some kind of hack? Did you play any online game, while overclocking (i mean just OC, no cheats neither higher FPS patches or anything like that)?

AlicatFit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Games like Splatoon or Disney Speedstorm, while online would not detect the higher than usual clocks and report it as some kind of hack? Did you play any online game, while overclocking (i mean just OC, no cheats neither higher FPS patches or anything like that)?
I thought I mentioned that I did.As I said you'll be fine as long as you don't throw mods,fps patches and cheats or do it on pirated titles.The reason I clarified and confirmed what meha said is also because when first looked to overclock online I've been asking on this page and most people used to tell me that it isn't safe or that it is considered costum firmware but thankfully two people said that as long as it's done right there's nothing to worry about so I decided to take it upon myself to find it out.Months later and no issues but it's important to know what you're doing, my sysnand was kept clean from day 1.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
finally got around putting this on my first v1 switch and was surprised ram overclocking goes higher on the old chip now too.
is the 1800is value generally fine for docked and battery or should i tone it down when not in the dock? i rarely oc cpu or gpu anymore

AlicatFit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
finally got around putting this on my first v1 switch and was surprised ram overclocking goes higher on the old chip now too.
is the 1800is value generally fine for docked and battery or should i tone it down when not in the dock? i rarely oc cpu or gpu anymore
1800 is totally fine when undocked.

Reactions: Clydefrosch

Brawl345

Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.de
XP
Country
Germany
Kinda confused with Switch-OC-Suite - do I NEED the loader.kip if I just want to overclock the RAM to 1862 MHz? What exactly does the KIP even do? Anyone knows why the original sys-clk does not allow 1862 MHz for RAM?

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Any chance we'll see gpu undervolting for erista in the future?
you can change source code yourself and apply uv.
i have done many tests for mariko, but since i have very little data for erista, so reason why i don't implement uv for erista.

putting random voltages is not a good idea.
all uv on mariko is taken from official sources, which means they are trustworthy
(SLT table is official nvidia table for dev boards, and HiOpt is carefully calculated by CTC)
Post automatically merged:

Kinda confused with Switch-OC-Suite - do I NEED the loader.kip if I just want to overclock the RAM to 1862 MHz? What exactly does the KIP even do? Anyone knows why the original sys-clk does not allow 1862 MHz for RAM?
because 1862 doesn't exist in original firmware.

MSco

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
NSwitch 60fps discord.

it's not my discord, but i am active at overclocking channel in that discord
I have joined the nswitch 60fps discord and had a look into the overclocking channel. However, where exactly can I get the switch oc suite version for atmosphere 1.6.1? I cannot find it there.

MSco

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How can I find the Nswitch 60 fps Discord?
You can find the link in the "60 FPS Cheats for NSwitch" Thread in this forum in the 1st post.

@meha I tried the latest build for atmosphere pre-release 1.6.1 and it seems, that the switch oc suite now uses the /config/sys-clk/config.ini instead of /config/sys-clk-oc/config.ini. Is this change intended?

Last edited by MSco,

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
You can find the link in the "60 FPS Cheats for NSwitch" Thread in this forum in the 1st post.

@meha I tried the latest build for atmosphere pre-release 1.6.1 and it seems, that the switch oc suite now uses the /config/sys-clk/config.ini instead of /config/sys-clk-oc/config.ini. Is this change intended?
yeah i plan to change config folder back to /sys-clk/ starting from 1.9.0
since new sys-clk-oc is now fully compatible even with vanilla AMS just like sys-clk

relevant information will be updated when AMS 1.6.1 is officially out and thus OCS is also officially releasesd

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    N @ NoiseCommander3DS: https://youtu.be/cAo4TuKIz6s