• Replies 761
  • Likes 32

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have some doubts that 1125mv was stable for 1996mhz on Erista. Just use 1175mv for it. Plus for some reason it seems like for gpu undervolt to work on Erista on high ram clocks you need higher ram voltage. Just try the EPV moderate kip out. Also try NO_ADJ instead of AUTO_ADJ because that's what old OC suite used.

Also leave min CPU volt at default too low and it can cause emunand corruption.
Like I said on every single OC tool for years 1125mv was always what I ever used and worked perfectly fine for 1996mhz on mine, even hours of memtest passes and finishing RES6, Res Revelations 1, Revelations 2, not a single crash or error found.

And even loading my old emunand it's working fine on memtest with 0 errors but with this OC tools is a no go sadly:sad:

For the ram I really didn't even touched anything else, all was stock but still memtest always finds errors with 1996mhz at 1125mv even if the CPU is set to just 1ghz and no other OC and no other changed voltages... The tinymemtest does indeed finishes all tests fine, but the normal one always finds errors pretty fast even in the fast test and stops.

ps: Also would be cool if someone could get into github and tell the dev if he could add the ReverseNX-RT sync.

ChanseyIsTheBest

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Like I said on every single OC tool for years 1125mv was always what I ever used and worked perfectly fine for 1996mhz on mine, even hours of memtest passes and finishing RES6, Res Revelations 1, Revelations 2, not a single crash or error found.

And even loading my old emunand it's working fine on memtest with 0 errors but with this OC tools is a no go sadly:sad:

For the ram I really didn't even touched anything else, all was stock but still memtest always finds errors with 1996mhz at 1125mv even if the CPU is set to just 1ghz and no other OC and no other changed voltages... The tinymemtest does indeed finishes all tests fine, but the normal one always finds errors pretty fast even in the fast test and stops.

ps: Also would be cool if someone could get into github and tell the dev if he could add the ReverseNX-RT sync.
Try these 4 kips out they are all at 1125mv 1996mhz. If none of them are stable people on discord are going to have to help you out. I get higher fps with newer oc suite on Erista vs old stuff BTW. Apparently ReverseNX-RT sync will be added back eventually.

Attachments

• 1996KIPS.zip
    411.3 KB · Views: 10

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try these 4 kips out they are all at 1125mv 1996mhz. If none of them are stable people on discord are going to have to help you out. I get higher fps with newer oc suite on Erista vs old stuff BTW. Apparently ReverseNX-RT sync will be added back eventually.
I just did further testing and there must be something wrong with their loader.kip for Erista or their online configurator that messes it up...

Using this new OC suite loader.kip with only ram set to 1996mhz from their online configurator on my old original OC Suite setup still throws memory errors...

Using my old loader.kip from old OC suite on his all new OC suite also works fine and it's 1996mhz at stock 1125v.

And the worse part is I get even more memory bandwidth with my old loader.kip which was probably only also set to that ram frequency without changing anything else on the original OC suite online configurator.

PS: if someone can please report this bug on its GitHub I'd be happy because I want the newer undervoltage options and the higher GPU MHz from this new OC suite.

PS2: I will try that loader.kip but even if it works most likely after I put it in the online configurator to reduce GPU voltage will probably go puff, will try later. Thanks.

Last edited by guily6669,

ChanseyIsTheBest

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I just did further testing and there must be something wrong with their loader.kip for Erista or their online configurator that messes it up...

Using this new OC suite loader.kip with only ram set to 1996mhz from their online configurator on my old original OC Suite throws errors...

Using my old loader.kip from old OC suite on his all new OC suite also works fine and it's 1996mhz at stock 1125v.

And the worse part is I get even more memory bandwidth with my old loader.kip which was probably only also set to that ram frequency without changing anything else on the original OC suite configurator.

If you have more issues go on the discord as that's where the dev is so you can directly communicate.

PS: if someone can please report this bug on its GitHub I'd be happy because I want the newer undervoltage options and the higher GPU MHz from this new OC suite.

PS2: I will try that loader.kip but even if it works most likely after I put it in the online configurator to reduce GPU voltage will probably go puff, will try later. Thanks.
More memory bandwidth doesn't mean more performance in games (a lot of us have found this out over time) you need a game to test consistent performance. Also if the kips so work and gpu uv doesn't when you edit it that means you need more vdd2 for gpu uv.

Also you can talk to the dev directly on discord which I would recommend.

Last edited by ChanseyIsTheBest,

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More memory bandwidth doesn't mean more performance in games (a lot of us have found this out over time) you need a game to test consistent performance. Also if the kips so work and gpu uv doesn't when you edit it that means you need more vdd2 for gpu uv.
On this new OC I tried 100mv negative offset and even reduced voltage on the higher values for testing and seem to be fine, but I only played one game for a few minutes so I didn't tested it much, I'm only concerned now is with the ram OC which with their online configurator seem to be bugged and requiring quite a lot more voltage than ever.

And the higher bandwidth sure is not always the best but I get considerable higher with my old loader.kip and also a lot of timings if reduced also lead to increased bandwidth, however I never touched anything of that on the old OC suite or this new one, only on my PC...

But anyway I couldn't test gaming performance since the memory just kept crashing pretty fast, I only have data from my old loader.kip from ages ago...

ps: will test your loader.kip's now to see if they work without throwing mem errors (hope it's not one of those extreme ones that will corrupt my emunand again, cause it took me only all day to get one working and still not fully updated :rofl2: ).

EDIT: those loader.KIP's you uploaded I put them trough the online configurator and the ones that can load it are having crazy high voltage numbers that I don't even know if I want to test them :unsure:
------------------------

EDIT2: Haha, Now I'm so Happy, I used again the original loader.kip but this time I used the Dram timming set to 2 instead of 0 and now it's working also my GPU at max unsafe frequency is less than 1V and my CPU is set to 1.22V and just loses a few mhz that barely makes a difference.

Now I will aim going above 1996mhz, it's just sad is that we don't have 1 more step to OC in the overlay cause some games I would like to use only 1996mhz if it's more than enough and another step above to the complete extreme.

Also even though I have a kinda extreme cooling mod, I used a defective Arctic MX-5 thermal compound though at least for the SOC I used Kryonaut but it's also a crap cause in little time it goes bad, will have to replace it some day with Arctic MX-6 that is currently working amazing on my PC and spread Arctic MX-4 All over the place in the rest and on my custom mem cooler :D :grog:

ps: Do I loose too much performance from going Dram Timing setting from 0 to 2?????????

ChanseyIsTheBest

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
On this new OC I tried 100mv negative offset and even reduced voltage on the higher values for testing and seem to be fine, but I only played one game for a few minutes so I didn't tested it much, I'm only concerned now is with the ram OC which with their online configurator seem to be bugged and requiring quite a lot more voltage than ever.

And the higher bandwidth sure is not always the best but I get considerable higher with my old loader.kip and also a lot of timings if reduced also lead to increased bandwidth, however I never touched anything of that on the old OC suite or this new one, only on my PC...

But anyway I couldn't test gaming performance since the memory just kept crashing pretty fast, I only have data from my old loader.kip from ages ago...

ps: will test your loader.kip's now to see if they work without throwing mem errors (hope it's not one of those extreme ones that will corrupt my emunand again, cause it took me only all day to get one working and still not fully updated :rofl2: ).

EDIT: those loader.KIP's you uploaded I put them trough the online configurator and the ones that can load it are having crazy high voltage numbers that I don't even know if I want to test them :unsure:
------------------------

EDIT2: Haha, Now I'm so Happy, I used again the original loader.kip but this time I used the Dram timming set to 2 instead of 0 and now it's working also my GPU at max unsafe frequency is less than 1V and my CPU is set to 1.22V and just loses a few mhz that barely makes a difference.

Now I will aim going above 1996mhz, it's just sad is that we don't have 1 more step to OC in the overlay cause some games I would like to use only 1996mhz if it's more than enough and another step above to the complete extreme.

Also even though I have a kinda extreme cooling mod, I used a defective Arctic MX-5 thermal compound though at least for the SOC I used Kryonaut but it's also a crap cause in little time it goes bad, will have to replace it some day with Arctic MX-6 that is currently working amazing on my PC and spread Arctic MX-4 All over the place in the rest and on my custom mem cooler :D :grog:

ps: Do I loose too much performance from going Dram Timing setting from 0 to 2?????????
Those loaders are 1125mv for Erista.... That's stock voltage... They just have a bunch of zeros on the end because of its not in uv not in mv.. I left the loaders stock besides changing AUTO_ADJ to NO_ADJ.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those loaders are 1125mv for Erista.... That's stock voltage... They just have a bunch of zeros on the end because of its not in uv not in mv.. I left the loaders stock besides changing AUTO_ADJ to NO_ADJ.
I went for 2133mhz with other loader.kip (conf5) and their configurator and it seems to even be able to get less voltage on the CPU while maintaining full clocks compared to the one on this OC suite.

But sadly memory voltage is high, could only get it stable (still need further testing) at 1.225v :(

I also used Erista EMC DVB Voltage at like 925, I have no clue if it's good or bad (not included in this OC suite configurator).

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sry for double post but wanted to update...

I have corrupted the emunand a few times but have a full clean one now with a backup :grog:

Anyway It's getting hard to get good high memory clocks, I currently drop mem voltage to 1.2 and at current MHz for already 3 different values it ends up throwing errors at around loop 20 of memtest long test which leads me to thing it's to do with temps now just like on my PC when the DDR4 mems get a bit above 40C° it start to throw errors.

Will upgrade my cooling mod soon again, will cut more of the backplate to add full copper memory coolers on top of the mem chips and see how it leads in long hours of stability at high clocks...

It just suck we don't have voltage control for the memories for each frequency like the GPU, setting too high even on portable clocks will still have the high voltage consuming much more :wink:

EDIT: I just opened my switch and OMG, I thought I used Kryonaut for the SOC and MX-5 + MX-4 for the rest but sadly it had the defective MX-5 on the SOC and that crap almost killed my desktop GPU and to clean all the mess took me hours, it's like damn cement, even the mem cooler I added was completely glued grrrr...

Now I used Arctic MX-6 on the SOC and MX-4 for the rest, just hope MX-6 doesn't turn bad like the defective MX-5 but so far in my PC seems OK but I doubt it will ever last like MX-4 which for many years I had devices with it with very little temperature difference to reapplying.

MSco

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Unfortunately, the repository hasnt been updated for 5 months. Is this project continued in another repository? Or is there an alternative to this project?

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@meha would you mind confirming whether you have dropped this project, as claimed in the github issue? If you're just busy and haven't got to it yet that's fine too, just be useful to know. Either way thanks for all your work on it!

Ethelbert

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Yeah, so sketchy that they have a warning about 4IFIR and Mehy posted the final updated sys-clk for Atmosphere 1.6.2 there just few days ago.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@meha would you mind confirming whether you have dropped this project, as claimed in the github issue? If you're just busy and haven't got to it yet that's fine too, just be useful to know. Either way thanks for all your work on it!
EDIT: Yeah it seems like meha passed it to user "B3711" on discord... They all went more private to discord sadly...

meha just released latest final sys-clk-oc8-final yesterday (6th April)...

Code:
sys-clk-oc8-final

[*]fixed rnx sync logic for games that don't do mode check or not supported
[*]update to saltynx 0.7.3. thanks to masagrator

But in terms of the configurator he haven't officially released for atmosphere 1.7 it was already by the new dev user "B3711" on discord.

Nobody should be using OC Suite Github... Instead if your on atmosphere 1.6.2 and not latest FW for Erista should totally use Lineon Conf5 with latest Meha SYS-CLK-OC_0331 and for all other switches you can totally use Meha EOS 0.4 and if you updated atmosphere and FW should use the EOS 1.1 by B3711...

ps: I think it's because of "
1210194464124178456.webp
" :rofl2:

EDIT: save the image I attached to your PC, open with winrar and you have all you need:grog:...

EDIT2: Meha updated Sys-clk-oc8f, I updated the attached picture with it instead of the old (don't forget to update SaltyNX to 0.7.3 for it)...

Attachments

• OC SUITE.jpg
    OC SUITE.jpg
    8.4 MB · Views: 4
Reactions: hippy dave

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Yeah it seems like meha passed it to user "B3711" on discord... They all went more private to discord sadly...

meha just released latest final sys-clk-oc8-final yesterday (6th April)...

Code:
sys-clk-oc8-final

[*]fixed rnx sync logic for games that don't do mode check or not supported
[*]update to saltynx 0.7.3. thanks to masagrator

But in terms of the configurator he haven't officially released for atmosphere 1.7 it was already by the new dev user "B3711" on discord.

Nobody should be using OC Suite Github... Instead if your on atmosphere 1.6.2 and not latest FW for Erista should totally use Lineon Conf5 with latest Meha SYS-CLK-OC_0331 and for all other switches you can totally use Meha EOS 0.4 and if you updated atmosphere and FW should use the EOS 1.1 by B3711...

ps: I think it's because of "
1210194464124178456.webp
" :rofl2:

EDIT: save the image I attached to your PC, open with winrar and you have all you need:grog:...

EDIT2: Meha updated Sys-clk-oc8f, I updated the attached picture with it instead of the old (don't forget to update SaltyNX to 0.7.3 for it)...
How does one download this... I keep getting a 96 byte file using Temp built in download button, and a 2K byte file using right click save.

Reactions: guily6669 and jnl1

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
..::Updated::..

EDIT:
Updated EOS 0.4 by meha to EOS 1.0 by B3711 and added EOS Wizard so that you can configure OC settings from the Switch overlay without needing to use PC online configurator.

For Eristas:
Now You don't need to use Lineon conf5 online configurator even though it's still inside, I asked on discord and someone asked a dev to make a wizard specially for it, so now you can configure it on-the-fly within switch overlay (but I have no clue if it works on latest preview Atmosphere, it surely won't work on FW18, so use Atmos 1.6.2 and FW 17.0.1).

So you use ("EPV + Wizard.rar" + "sys-clk-oc8f new.rar").

For Mariko: use EOS_1.0 "loader.kip" + sys-clk-oc8f + OC_Toolkit_EOS_1.0... however If you update to FW18 I think you can only use EOS 1.1 and don't know if the wizard works with it so Eristas or Marikos I still recommend staying on Atmosphere 1.6.2 and FW 17.0.1

Note:
EOS_1.0 by B3711, originally from meha;
OC_Toolkit_EOS_1.0_-_mariko by B3711 (this is to configure OC from within Switch without having to use EOS configurator on a PC);
EOS_1.1_-_atmosphere_1.7.0_pre by B3711 (latest EOS for latest Atmosphere and FW18);
EPV + wizard by Catcher in the grain field (loader.kip by Lineon);
Conf5 by Lineon;
sys-clk-oc8f by meha.

EDIT2:
Added some good amount of apps to test CPU+Ram and a nice overlay that says min and max FPS in-game and looks kinda like Rivatuner on PC (Observer-tool).

Attachments

• OC.rar
    9 MB · Views: 5
  • apps.rar
    1.1 MB · Views: 3

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know exactly if they allow me to post here on GBATemp or not since they all don't care for this forum anymore...

So I kinda posted a image if you know what I mean :ph34r:

ps: But whatever here it is... though for me on Firefox the image keeps working fine though doesn't seem to work on Edge and maybe any other Chromium based browser, no idea...

Attachments

• OC.rar
    9 MB · Views: 3
Reactions: jnl1 and hippy dave

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol