Switch RetroPie help

ertaboy356b

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So I managed to install RetroPie (Ubuntu) on Mariko (SX Core, if that's relevant). The problem I have is that I can't configure the gamepad on emulation station. When I map certain buttons, the OS commands take over. Like for example, I wanted to map + into START, but it instead bring up the keyboard, or - with SELECT but instead rotates the screen.

Is there anything that I need to know in order to successfully install this?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I managed to install RetroPie (Ubuntu) on Mariko (SX Core, if that's relevant). The problem I have is that I can't configure the gamepad on emulation station. When I map certain buttons, the OS commands take over. Like for example, I wanted to map + into START, but it instead bring up the keyboard, or - with SELECT but instead rotates the screen.

Is there anything that I need to know in order to successfully install this?

Did you use Cobalt’s L4T Megascript to install Retropie? It does a lot of the integration/setup for you on a number of things. It likely does sane settings for retropie as well.

https://github.com/cobalt2727/L4T-Megascript/wiki/Initial-Setup

Key mapping at 5:32

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

ertaboy356b

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you use Cobalt’s L4T Megascript to install Retropie? It does a lot of the integration/setup for you on a number of things. It likely does sane settings for retropie as well.

https://github.com/cobalt2727/L4T-Megascript/wiki/Initial-Setup

Key mapping at 5:32

Yup, I did install it via L4T.

My issue is that during the initial mapping, the pressing the certain buttons on the joycon will activate the OS specific commands, not as a mapped button. So pressing LT for examples triggers mouse click. For example during mapping, I pressed +, it doesn't do anyting except bring up the virtual keyboard. I am not using any additional hardware, just the Switch in handheld mode.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, I did install it via L4T.

My issue is that during the initial mapping, the pressing the certain buttons on the joycon will activate the OS specific commands, not as a mapped button. So pressing LT for examples triggers mouse click. For example during mapping, I pressed +, it doesn't do anyting except bring up the virtual keyboard. I am not using any additional hardware, just the Switch in handheld mode.
make sure you are disabling joycon mouse before configuring your key mappings by hitting the screenshot button on the left joycon (press again after you’re done to turn joycon mouse back on)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-industry/sony-apologizes-for-sony-interview-with-sony-developer-ne...