• Start date
  • Views 9,678
  • Replies 95

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
" Often or not the digital format wins, given 3ds and wiiu scenes.
I'll be making a switch atmosphere/community counter points soon as well. But here is the SX OS edition."

How can you say this?

With digital games, Nintendo/Sony etc. have more control..... they can easily check if you bought the game (if you invested any money) on your eshop/psn and check your installed games and if there is no match found = BAN, very easy if they will and done it correctly. With game carts/good dumps its still a easier to be under radar...... they need to be 100% sure that you are using some kind of loader, flashcard or whatever and actually block the flashcards/loader and not to block legit carts..... so, much more work to be done from their side.

BTW who was the first to implement signpatches to Switch?

Last edited by deSSy2724,
D

Deleted User

OP
flashcard or whatever and actually block the flashcards/loader and not to block legit carts..... so, much more work to be done from their side.

BTW who was the first to implement signpatches to Switch?
No, it's not that hard actually. Xci's have again, certs. Certs are a certificate. If two people played the same xci at the same time. That cert would be noticed by Nintendo if they decided to check it. And because flashcards are literately impossible on the switch. It would imply that both of you have modded the console. Thus a ban to both consoles. Also instant ban if you have no cert. (it wouldn't be that hard to implement a check like that) You really didn't think this one through didn't you?

Last edited by ,

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No, it's not that hard actually. Xci's have again, certs. Certs are a certificate. If two people played the same xci at the same time. That cert would be noticed by Nintendo if they decided to check it. And because flashcards are literately impossible on the switch. It would imply that both of you have modded the console. Thus a ban to both consoles. Also instant ban if you have no cert. (it wouldn't be that hard to implement a check like that) You really didn't think this one through didn't you?
There is a reason I put: "Sony/Nintendo", its because you put: "Often or not the digital format wins,"...... so, I counted all consoles in general (not just Switch). Its not my/ours fault why Nintendo didnt implement any real checks for the 3DS eshop (eshop balance and purchase history to match with installed .cia games), if they did, we all would be banned long time ago. But they cant/never banned/blocked Sky3DS for example....

I totally forgot that flashcards are almost impossible on Switch. Well, with .xci and good dumps (including the cert) and playing our own backups (not sharing with others) it would be harder to detect if we play our legit game cart or the good dump of our own game cart. So, playing out own backups and not sharing it with anyone could be possible or? I mean, its better to play backups (.xci) than using our game carts all the time and "wearing" them out....

This would/could be the one area where TXs solution is currently unbeatable.

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That is why we can’t have pretty things people just complaint go reverything, dam just enjoy the Fck scene and use whatever you like as a cfw
Yep......

You cant stop piracy.
You cant stop legit purchasers (even bad games)
You cant tell someone not to steal someones code or whatever in life..... they will still do it if the can and will.
There is no point in blocking something from reverse engineering in the long run...... someone will find a way around it if they can and will. Just because they didnt release a thing doesnt means they cant do it. (.xci or .3ds loader for example or denuvo).

So, there is no point in discussing it and never will be.

roamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
is there any other firmware out there besides sxos where its literally just 1 file on your sd card for all your needs, HB launcher, nsp's and xci's, ftp, nsp installer and all the other shit sx os does?

people need to understand that majority of people dont have time nor do they give a shit about who made what and where it came from, people just want 1 simple solution, especially when theres kids involved
and lets get serious, all nintendos are focused towards kids more so then adults. so when parents want a way to play backups with a simple everything in one box solution then sx os wins. always will

now the amazing part is if all you whinging people complaining sxos stole everything and made money actually made your own single file solution and released it for free and credited all the devs involved
and kept it up to date for all firmwares and future firmwares and made it available on a site anyone can easily access and download then people would most probably use your version, because its free and people are tight ass's.
AND you get to screw over sx os because you hate them so much.

i will give you an example, friend of mine wants to mod his switch for homebrew, loves mame games. BUT he runs a business of his own, doesnt care about how this is all done so all he wants is a simple solution that does everything
what would you recommend to someone who has no idea about hacking consoles and has no interest in spending a week on gba to learn how to do it all for free.

i sent him to GBAtemp and he laughed at me, so sxos is his choice. he knows how to download 1 file from the same location when ever there is an update, plugs his sd card in to switch, its updated. so simple.

TLDR: stop whinging and make your own single file CFW to kill sxos

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I totally forgot that flashcards are almost impossible on Switch. Well, with .xci and good dumps (including the cert) and playing our own backups (not sharing with others) it would be harder to detect if we play our legit game cart or the good dump of our own game cart. So, playing out own backups and not sharing it with anyone could be possible or? I mean, its better to play backups (.xci) than using our game carts all the time and "wearing" them out....

This would/could be the one area where TXs solution is currently unbeatable.
If you dump your own NSPs, they are as safe as own XCIs

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wow this thread. Normal CFW currently loosing cuz people get Banned left and right for installing NSP since nintendo easy scan Them. While XCI seems to bei save since it Emulate Gamecards.

No one with real proofs got Banned for jjust using XCI and Ich even Play online with Fake Headers. Ich think people get Banned for Other stuff then using SX OS.

Also it is true about single File Firmware. It is ofc better to use own patches but tbh. No one Really use a ultra crap switch for homebrew lol. (Did you saw new Monster Hunter? Cancer right ? Lol) Pick a cracked PS4 o.o

Last edited by ehnoah,

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
is there any other firmware out there besides sxos where its literally just 1 file on your sd card for all your needs, HB launcher, nsp's and xci's, ftp, nsp installer and all the other shit sx os does?

TLDR: stop whinging and make your own single file CFW to kill sxos
You need boot.firm and licence.dat if you are using bare SX OS.
Anyway, if you are using any other CFW, you do the same as with SX OS. Download 1 .zip, extract it to SD, download a payload and a loader.
now the amazing part is if all you whinging people complaining sxos stole everything and made money actually made your own single file solution and released it for free and credited all the devs involved
and kept it up to date for all firmwares and future firmwares and made it available on a site anyone can easily access and download then people would most probably use your version, because its free and people are tight ass's.
AND you get to screw over sx os because you hate them so much.
Ctcaer's hekate and SDFiles. You get Hekate, Atmosphere and RajNX in one package.

i will give you an example, friend of mine wants to mod his switch for homebrew, loves mame games. BUT he runs a business of his own, doesnt care about how this is all done so all he wants is a simple solution that does everything
what would you recommend to someone who has no idea about hacking consoles and has no interest in spending a week on gba to learn how to do it all for free.
I definitely wouldn't brain wash him like you do and simply tell him to download the same amount of files as with SX OS and do exactly the same stuff just like with SX OS.

TLDR: stop playing the smart guy if you don't understand/know how other CFWs work.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wow this thread. Normal CFW currently loosing cuz people get Banned left and right for installing NSP since nintendo easy scan Them. While XCI seems to bei save since it Emulate Gamecards.

No one with real proofs got Banned for jjust using XCI and Ich even Play online with Fake Headers. Ich think people get Banned for Other stuff then using SX OS.

Also it is true about single File Firmware. It is ofc better to use own patches but tbh. No one Really use a ultra crap switch for homebrew lol. (Did you saw new Monster Hunter? Cancer right ? Lol) Pick a cracked PS4 o.o
If you are using own dumps, NSPs are as dangerous as XCIs. Same goes for someone's XCI or NSP.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The goal of this post is to stop responses that are flawed. So everyone can get past these flame wars. My goal is not to say what is the superior cfw.

They why do you respond by rolling out the same flawed responses?

"Why do you care about them stealing code? It's open sourced it doesn't matter"
Counter point: atmosphere and a lot of these open sourced projects follow GPL2.0 which is in a way, a license. One of the rules of GPL is that you must credit the creator. TX didn't do that.

Let me break that down for you.

You seem to blame the people answering with "Why do you care" when the flame wars are caused by the people complaining that TX violated the GPL. TX won't stop just because you keep destroying threads.

If you hadn't noticed, a lot of TX customers are pirates who buy SX OS so they never have to pay for another switch game. What do you think they care about the "rules"?

The authors of the software could make a claim against TX. If they aren't prepared to do that then the GPL is worthless. Although as SX Pro/SX OS is illegal in countries with strong copyright laws anyway, then TX don't really have much reason to comply with the courts.

It would be like complaining that someone committed a bank robbery with a broken tail light.

"NSPs suck, they take extra double the amount of storage in my sd card. When using xci's are just far superior because it takes less storage and is safer than NSP. TX wins baby"
First point is easily countered with the network installer.
Second point, we don't know enough about the switch still. XCI's could be just as dangerous as NSPs.

You missed out the most important benefit. Installing an NSP takes time & modifies your nand. With XCI you just copy the file, mount it, play, exit game, delete. Network install requires you to have network access.

It's like arguing your ford is better than a lambourghini because it has better mpg.

I find your whole post like saying "these black people are always moaning, there are too many flawed arguments. we should use these arguments against black people".[/QUOTE]

Last edited by smf,
Reactions: deSSy2724 and ken28

roamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

your not getting where im coming from, for your average joe reading any mod chip sites or facebook or nintendo news websites are just going to go with the simple solution in the media and reality is sx os is the only retail simple solution as such to the general publics eye.

anyone interested and likes to fiddle, they know about other cfw and the fors and againsts of each cfw. but your soccer mum, she dont give a rats ass, she just wants a one stop solution. rcm jig, dongle, cfw. its a one stop shop to the general publics eye.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
your not getting where im coming from, for your average joe reading any mod chip sites or facebook or nintendo news websites are just going to go with the simple solution in the media and reality is sx os is the only retail simple solution as such to the general publics eye.

anyone interested and likes to fiddle, they know about other cfw and the fors and againsts of each cfw. but your soccer mum, she dont give a rats ass, she just wants a one stop solution. rcm jig, dongle, cfw. its a one stop shop to the general publics eye.
Anyone who wants to know, knows. You have to look from more than one angle. That's why you, SX only users, write this stuff.
You don't want to know how other CFWs work. You don't want to know.
That's why you're always saying how hard it is. Yet, in reality it is as simple as SX OS.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone who wants to know, knows. You have to look from more than one angle. That's why you, SX only users, write this stuff.
You don't want to know how other CFWs work. You don't want to know.
That's why you're always saying how hard it is. Yet, in reality it is as simple as SX OS.

So you can just buy a package somewhere, put an xci on an sdcard, insert the dongle & jig, press buttons, select from menu and play?

Or is it not so simple?

Last edited by smf,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Honestly with free/open source CFWs improving everyday, there's slowly becoming no reason to pay for SXOS anymore. With the recent mess that was their last updates (which were directly stolen from the community and still has all the same flaws) it shows that they are just selling code that one can already get for free, but the free code was also still being tested before being pushed out. The TX team is very clearly not testing the code that they are taking before pushing it out.

Last edited by The Catboy,

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
You've missed out a whole bunch of steps there. It's only as simple if you lie.

I get why you want to lie.

I honestly don't understand why people who claim "simplicity of use" is why they bought TX OS.
If you're going to hack your console, a minimum knowledge on the subject is required no?
Although every tool in the community is clearly explained in details people still claim it's complicated?
I rather think people went for TX at launch because there was no free solution at the time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work