Switch TrustZoneHax on 4.x

nintendo-switch-15-1-630x354.jpg

The ReSwitched Hacking Team have done it again. motezazer, ktemkin and SciresM have achieved code execution on 4.1.0, the latest version at the time of writing this, via deja vu at TrustZone level. This means devices on 4.1.0 and below will be able to gain access to the whole system. SciresM strongly advises to not update in the future.

After less than a year, the Switch hacking team has moved extremely fast and now have got full access on the latest version. The progress being made is incredible, and in comparison, the 3DS took around 2 years to get ARM9 access. The scene is looking very promising so far and we are very lucky to have such talented people working on the Switch.

:arrow: Source

Last edited by Deleted member 381889,

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
With how fast progression has been, I would bet it would be at most 2 months between the two. But imo there will likely be a good gap between public jamais vu exploit release and public Deja vu release, unless nintendo manages to patch it. May get patched tomorrow with an update, may get patched several firmware updates from now.
theres a chance it could not be patched in the next update but the one after that one since the exploits pretty new and nintendos already been working on the next firmware update.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

With how fast progression has been, I would bet it would be at most 2 months between the two. But imo there will likely be a good gap between public jamais vu exploit release and public Deja vu release, unless nintendo manages to patch it. May get patched tomorrow with an update, may get patched several firmware updates from now.
the cfw is the longest thing after that is stablizing the exploits and having a way to use them to install cfw,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting used to visit this thread and the reswitched page every morning. I wonder how long they'll take to allow homebrew on 4.1.0.
I check these forums daily and throughout the day. I know pretty much anything that has happened in the switch section. Used to do that for the 3ds section but I stopped caring about the 3ds when I got my switch

Reactions: Mnecraft368

zeveroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My son and his buddy were playing Rocket League yesterday . It told him there was a software update and wouldn't allow them to continuing playing. He decided to download it. Now I'm on 5.0.0. -FML

Reactions: xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
In the spirit of early family memories are more important than a good portable emulation and HB platform, which he might or might not be into - I'd also say update. :)

Last edited by notimp,

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Soon™
Although, they said it'll be released eventually™ on the course of the year. Could be today...could be tomorrow.

Even though I only have super mario odyssey and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 to play while waiting for this, I don't mind. The amount of PS4 games I have to play is so big that I can wait patiently for this.

I feel sorry for the people who only own a Switch and have to wait though.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll probably leave my Switch in the box without Wifi until the good stuff comes out. I'm not in a hurry to play anything on the Switch, plus I have a gaming PC, which helps. :P

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even though I only have super mario odyssey and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 to play while waiting for this, I don't mind. The amount of PS4 games I have to play is so big that I can wait patiently for this.

I feel sorry for the people who only own a Switch and have to wait though.

I'm waiting for both PS4 and Switch exploits :P
The N64 keeps me busy (yes, real hardware and cartridges!)

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah clearly we're different types of fathers cuz if my son updates to 5.0.0 I wouldn't say "fuck my life"
Its almost as bad as that one thread where an uncle was trying to prevent updates on his nephew's switch for his own personal use. Like he was trying to take control of a switch he didn't even own.
If I had a family that plays on it regularly, especially online, I would just buy a personal switch for homebrew and let the family switch stay updated.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Its almost as bad as that one thread where an uncle was trying to prevent updates on his nephew's switch for his own personal use. Like he was trying to take control of a switch he didn't even own.
If I had a family that plays on it regularly, especially online, I would just buy a personal switch for homebrew and let the family switch stay updated.
That was ridiculous. I remember that guy. Oh my..

If it were a "family system" or I bought it so my kid could play? An update would be the least of my worries.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1