Switch TrustZoneHax on 4.x

nintendo-switch-15-1-630x354.jpg

The ReSwitched Hacking Team have done it again. motezazer, ktemkin and SciresM have achieved code execution on 4.1.0, the latest version at the time of writing this, via deja vu at TrustZone level. This means devices on 4.1.0 and below will be able to gain access to the whole system. SciresM strongly advises to not update in the future.

After less than a year, the Switch hacking team has moved extremely fast and now have got full access on the latest version. The progress being made is incredible, and in comparison, the 3DS took around 2 years to get ARM9 access. The scene is looking very promising so far and we are very lucky to have such talented people working on the Switch.

:arrow: Source

Last edited by Deleted member 381889,

Zulnoth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Interesting, sciresm said he wasn't going to be pushing to pwn 4.x, he was going to work on cfw for the 1.0-3.x. guess he changed his mind.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Interesting, sciresm said he wasn't going to be pushing to pwn 4.x, he was going to work on cfw for the 1.0-3.x. guess he changed his mind.

He's all over the place. He mentioned something similar about 3.x...

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think a lot of this has to do with the fact that they're working on something, then they realize that it MAY work on future updates, so they test. It's not that they're specifically going out of their way, but more that they just happen to stumble on it.

BTW, has Plutto said anything about this development? I figured he'd be all over this like white on rice.

Reactions: weatMod and Kioku

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I think a lot of this has to do with the fact that they're working on something, then they realize that it MAY work on future updates, so they test. It's not that they're specifically going out of their way, but more that they just happen to stumble on it.

BTW, has Plutto said anything about this development? I figured he'd be all over this like white on rice.

He's been silent the past few days...

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I didnt know wich firmware i was , i grab my switch desconected the wifi and checked, and im on 4.1 !!!
So glad i turn it off i leave it like that until i can use a homebrew .
I bought an used Wii u , 2 month ago so plenty to play until the switch hack is realiased

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Taked from the ReSwitched faq
System-level access timeline Release of full system-level access tools and exploits, are expected as development progresses. Priority is on 1.0.0 first. The tiers for system-level access are as follows, from soonest to latest: 1.0.0; 2.0.0-3.0.0; 3.0.1 & 3.0.2; 4.0.0-4.1.0.
Homebrew support timeline Release of homebrew access tools, development tools, and exploits are targeting 3.0.0. If you are on 2.0.0-2.3.0, you may upgrade to 3.0.0 at your discretion. 2.0.0-3.0.0 will have further system-level access at the same time, after 1.0.0. If you are on 1.0.0, we do not recommend upgrading for this, though, as you will be able to get system-level access first.
In short.... all the exploits have been found.
Homebrew development (software to use) will have priority on 3.0.0
System-level access development (custom firmware, emunand, etc) will have priority on 1.0.0

Reactions: Kioku

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Taked from the ReSwitched faq
In short.... all the exploits have been found.
Homebrew development (software to use) will have priority on 3.0.0
System-level access development (custom firmware, emunand, etc) will have priority on 1.0.0
Yup. I'm aware of this. I was saying that he mentioned something about > 3.0 not being a priority for exploiting.

Reactions: PolloDiablo

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
It's a really good thing.
If ninty pushes a new update overnight, we will know why, hahaha.

Time to play the waiting game on 4.1.0.
The good news is that pretty much every game could be used on this firmware, hahaha.

Naimen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excellent news! I was debating whether to update when I first got the switch but like a fool assumed the homebrew scene would be a few years off. I am currently at 4.1.0. I was trying to use your update blocking guide but when I set the numbers the save button is greyed out, it will not let me save my settings. Any ideas on this?

SciresM

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ahh, I have been working on other stuff (this was definitely not a priority), but when I was eating breakfast a week or so ago I thought up a way to get stuff to work, and it only took about an hour and a half to implement.

So...less a changed mind and more "I got lucky with shower thoughts", heh.

Last edited by SciresM,

TR_mahmutpek

medic
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Ahh, I have been working on other stuff (this was definitely not a priority), but when I was eating breakfast a week or so ago I thought up a way to get stuff to work, and it only took about an hour and a half to implement.

So...less a changed mind and more "I got lucky with shower thoughts", heh.
What is your god-like level?:lol: İn the seiousness, the coders are the boss in jobs..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I mean built in sound on mobo's has gotten way better but still XP handled sound better and X-Fi...