Hacking SX OS 2.2 + flash drive with USB A to C

BATMAN-

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
PD compatible devices won't hurt the Switch at all, that's why Anker PD power bank is now officially supported. I've been testing ~10 different usb type C 3.0 hubs and hdmi adapters from different brands to no-name brands. None of them could brick my Switch. Surprisingly, the HDMI output function of no-name hdmi adapters work perfectly even with HDD loading.

The only one and known device that could brick your Switch is the Nyko dock.

Anyway, all 2.5" external HDDs (even with none Y-usb cable) and SSD/flash USB won't cause any damage at all to your Switch.

Cheers.
Thank you so much for the clarification :)

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Could you make a video of it?

Sorry, I won't do that. It's totally waste of time. All games are playable even game loading speed from the external HDDs is quite slow.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This is my best combo for using external HDD.

Coov SH500 Pro + Anker PD 20K

I can play game without HDMI connection. The Switch won't turn BLACK at all. I can use external HDD without any power supply.

IMG_20181027_204316~2.jpg

JiveTheTurkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're thinking of getting a sd card for your switch, right now the sandisk 128gb for $22. A few months ago I bought the 64gb for $24 that I feel bummed that I could've got this deal for my switch. Just a little info I thought could help. :)

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
You can load XCI's from HDD thus the reason he's asking. It seems to work with non powered HDD's but we don't have definite answers on how safe it is.
I’ve been running a mini portable hdd contected to a nonda type c to usb for a while now and I have had no issues it seems to run very well. @comput3rus3r I’ve uploaded some imgs for you sorry I had edit:
8146F189-5450-4810-BE93-49A60F367B9D.jpeg
AD2C5532-F2F7-405A-973C-7B67CC77F778.jpeg

Sorry, I won't do that. It's totally waste of time. All games are playable even game loading speed from the external HDDs is quite slow.

This is my best combo for using external HDD.

Coov SH500 Pro + Anker PD 20K

I can play game without HDMI connection. The Switch won't turn BLACK at all. I can use external HDD without any power supply.

View attachment 148085
I’m sorry I will have to disagree with your comment mine load faster via portable hdd than micro sd card I have noticed this many times since using it, it’s a much better method also the games such as Zelda for example seem to load a bit quicker.

Last edited by Reecey,

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you're obviously not an SX-OS user. lol yes it's been possible to load XCI's from HDD since update 2.2.
I did from day one,i did test via nsp and doesn't run from hdd I didn't test via xci, thats why I didn't know.so take more time and read my post SIR.thank you!!

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I’ve been running a mini portable hdd contected to a nonda type c to usb for a while now and I have had no issues it seems to run very well. @comput3rus3r I’ve uploaded some imgs for you sorry I had edit:
View attachment 148091 View attachment 148092

I’m sorry I will have to disagree with your comment mine load faster via portable hdd than micro sd card did I have noticed this many times since using it, it’s a much better method also the games such as Zelda for example seem to load a bit quicker.

Have you tried to load Payday 2 or even install large NSPs? Anyway, it's good to know that it's faster on your side.

Reactions: Reecey

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you tried to load Payday 2 or even install large NSPs? Anyway, it's good to know that it's faster on your side.
No I haven’t tried yet I still use the sd cards method for nsp use because all of my nsp titles are tied to the sd card so I continue to use it that way. Does payday 2 not work via usb?

Last edited by Reecey,

theguyver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive been using a usb-c to micro-sd adapter i got from amazon with a 400gb micro sd inserted and it works great. Havent had any issues

BATMAN-

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Big thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. Yesterday I picked up a new pendrive alongside an otg USB c cable and tried it for the first time to install an NSP off the flash drive, worked perfectly fine on SX OS 2.2.1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: