Indominusda1e

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This email came through from where I ordered the sx os from, online-trends. They have confirmed the os SX will be sent 48hrs from when tx SX os releases.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180612-000156_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20180612-000156_Samsung Internet.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 2,664

dezi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
do We know yet if the people who ordered the pro version will be getting the keys the same day?
i could be wrong, but if i remember correctly you only get the license key on the usb dongle, and not in a digital version if you went with the pro version.
So probably no they won't

Swan1360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i could be wrong, but if i remember correctly you only get the license key on the usb dongle, and not in a digital version if you went with the pro version.
So probably no they won't
Can’t you just download the os from their website tho ?

dezi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can’t you just download the os from their website tho ?
Well yes you can download the os, but the license is coded into the dongle it seems. so you won't be able to use it. at least i understand the faq that way.

• Q: Is SX OS tied to my console/dongle?
    A:
    Yes. In case of SX Pro the license is tied to your dongle and console. In case of SX Lite the license is tied to your license code and console.

kataclysmicmind

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes the Dongle has license pre installed and locked to the dongle so if you get the Dongle it comes with licence pre activated and can be used on any switch, just plug and play with RCM jig. You just need to load up SD.
If you get just the OS it is tied to that specific console and can never be used on another. and will be activated online

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
The dongle comes with licence activated
Yes the Dongle has license pre installed and locked to the dongle so if you get the Dongle it comes with licence pre activated and can be used on any switch, just plug and play with RCM jig. You just need to load up SD.
If you get just the OS it is tied to that specific console and can never be used on another. and will be activated online
I thought you needed a license to download the os though

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
I thought you needed a license to download the os though
You can download the OS file when its available, but it needs to be activated to be used, the dongle comes with that activation, but that license activation is only for 1 switch, you would need another to use on another switch, I guess is a file that gets deleted from the dongle when activated

Reactions: Nollog

CaptainLoozer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well having they keys really doesn't mean shit since you still need to download the software. It's up to TX to decide when they're going to do that, it could be weeks after if they decide to do that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo