Sync different region Gamepad to Console method!! Work!

gavinlai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hi All,

We know Nintendo lock the region on console and the GamePad, they must at the same region. I tried to pair/sync my Japan region Gamepad to Euro Console in Kiosk system menu, successful!

Thank you Norris_h_duke and your friend quick bell hacker, find the app:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wii-u-kiosk-menu-on-system-nand.608912/

Prepare:
1.A Hacked console with original Gamepad and Wii Remote synced.
2.A Different region Gamepad.

Download the wii-u-kiosk-menu-on-system-nand app and install to the wiiu console.
1. Use original gamepad to run kiosk app. Set Region to your console original region first. Now disconnect the gamepad power or take away the gamepad let the console can not connect to the gamepad. the app shown gamepad not paired.
2. Use wii remote choose Pair/Update Gamepad, select sync will show the sync symbol. Now you can press the different region gamepad sync button, type the sync symbol. Gamepad will sync to the console.
3. Exit kiosk, maybe let you eject the SD, do it. and will get into the kiosk mode, don't worry, power off the console via Gamepad and put the SD back to the console.
4. Power on the console again, your new gamepad will auto power on, because the console now already synced to your different region gamepad.
kiosk1.jpg

But if your gamepad firmware is lower than the console, you will not boot into the console, it will show need to update the gamepad firmware, but has an error, the region not the same.
You have to do more steps:
1. Resync your original Gamepad, and use ftpiiu everwhere upload the out-of-region gamepad latest drc_fw.bin to mlc title folder, base on your console region there is different folder, overwrite you original file(Backup first!).
storage_mlc/sys/title/00050010/10043000/content (JPN)
storage_mlc/sys/title/00050010/10043100/content (USA)
storage_mlc/sys/title/00050010/10043200/content (EUR)
You can Use JNUSTool 0.3b downlooad latest drc.bin, method please visit:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/convert-japanese-console-language-to-english-method.607164/

2. Run kisok again, disconnect the original GamePad, choose Pair/Update GamePad section, Re-sync the different region Gamepad, after synced, choose Pair/Update GamePad section again, this time Press A to update the gamepad firmware, once finished, you can use the gamepad for your console.
kiosk2.jpg

I haven't try directly use the original drc_fw.bin to update different region gamepad, maybe can change the region permanently, but I am not sure!!!! You can try and tell me the result.
I tried use original drc _fw.bin(euro version) to update my JPN GamePad, had update procedure, but after reboot, not effect, remain has Japanese text.
And I tried to combine Euro and JPN firmware, but the same, not effect.

I think change the GamePad region need to hardmod, read the flash and change some value. Maybe in the feture, I will tried, but no schedule.

Last edited by gavinlai,

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its not my app its a app my freind made her name is quick bell hacker they dont have gbatemp so i posted it for them link there youtube channel instead

EugiFel

Trophies
XP
Country
China
@Norris would you mind asking your friend how did she manage to install an EU vWii on her Japanese Wii U? I have a Japanese Wii U myself and I'd be very interested in knowing how to do this.

KoopaTroopa80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A couple of questions --

• How is this better than using System Config Tool? It seems like System Config Tool doesn't have issues with the firmware update stuff.
  • Getting gamepad firmware from other regions to do the upgrade doesn't seem very easy, short of having the console from that region. Is that about right?

BudiSantosoEffen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
A couple of questions --

• How is this better than using System Config Tool? It seems like System Config Tool doesn't have issues with the firmware update stuff.
  • Getting gamepad firmware from other regions to do the upgrade doesn't seem very easy, short of having the console from that region. Is that about right?
using system config tool is not permanent, can be sync'ed back to its original region and need to sync again using sct for reuse (need original gamepad to use sct)

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,Please, what is the interest of changing the region using wii-u-kiosk-menu-on-system?
Is it possible to install wiiware Jap on Eur wiiU with this tool for example??

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Could you use Nusplii to download the out-of-region GamePad firmware rather than having to FTP in?

gavinlai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Could you use Nusplii to download the out-of-region GamePad firmware rather than having to FTP in?
I have not use Nuspii. But GamePad firmware storage in mlc special path and only own region. I think Nusplii download will not storage in the correct path and overwrite the original drc.bin.

PGSK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
idk if anyone still checks this thread but did the firmware update actually work for anyone? cuz for me it starts and at about 80% it flashes the region error that normally comes up if you try updating in an unmodded menu and then it restarts the console.

I already have the gamepad synced to my console thx to UDPIH (and the Aroma DRC Region Free plugin) but some features like Quick Start are unusable since the firmware updates that include them have been bypassed and I was hoping this might be a solution to that... :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe