Hacking Team-Xecuter Announces SX OS v1.7 with Switch Firmware v6.0 compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As long as the shills keep selling the worse product to the noobs, someone needs to set them straight.
It depends on the view of worse. I for once prefer the use of 3ds files over cias simply for the space saving you have (cias needing twice the size to install them) and the time you save due the lengthy installation time
And for the same reason I prefer xcis over nsp (and I foolishly am convinced that it's a bit safer then nsp)

But I will also admit that sx stole many of their features.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could be the case too. i in the first place was disagreeing with the fact that sx is seemingly a sureway ticket for a ban while the other cfw arent like the user hinted at.
For such a bolt statement we simply lack data and time. And as of now the data between all major cfw is close to equal.
There seems to be a misunderstanding here. I never stated that using SX OS would lead to ban; I said that SX OS is the root cause of a lot of bans. This can due to any number of reasons but the most notable of which is that it has allowed piracy for the longest out of all CFWs. This makes sense as historically the most common cause of bans are piracy if not cheating. While its too soon to say which CFW is safer than the other, the fact of the matter is that usage of SX OS has led to many bans and a good chunk of them had absolutely nothing do with .NSP files.

Speaking of which, there is another misconception about usage of .NSP files that I would like to clarify. While the reason .NSP is considered less safe compared to .XCI is because .NSP can be tied to your Nintendo Account, Nintendo has no such way of flagging users for using .NSP games they don't own. This type of review would have to be done manually and there are several million Switch owners so such a review is unrealistic. And even if we were to entertain the idea that Nintendo had such a system in place, then everyone with installed .NSP games they don't own should be banned, SX OS or not.

Reactions: ken28

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
I only use it for the xci loader and because I bought it when it was the only option. If ReiNX had xci support I’d fully make the switch to it.
XCIs can be converted to NSP, and found right alongside XCI downloads on those websites. NSPs can be installed remotely, meaning you don't have to worry about using up double the space, and games show up directly on the home menu. Many sysmodules and kernel patches exist that cannot be used on SX OS, such as game cheating/debugging, due to it being closed-source. Installation of any of the alternative free-software "CFW" solutions is as simple as copying some files from a ZIP to your SD card, and running a payload just like SX OS. Chinese clone dongles can be purchased for less than $10, some of which work better than the SX dongle.

Reactions: ItsKipz

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
XCIs can be converted to NSP, and found right alongside XCI downloads on those websites. NSPs can be installed remotely, meaning you don't have to worry about using up double the space, and games show up directly on the home menu. Many sysmodules and kernel patches exist that cannot be used on SX OS, such as game cheating/debugging, due to it being closed-source. Installation of any of the alternative free-software "CFW" solutions is as simple as copying some files from a ZIP to your SD card, and running a payload just like SX OS. Chinese clone dongles can be purchased for less than $10, some of which work better than the SX dongle.
Still xci are a tiny bit safer and I for my part want to avoid the ban as long as possible.

xIce101x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can’t play pirated nsp files online. I can play pirated xci with injected certs online. Until I get banned (been going strong since SXOS launch) I will only use xci files for this reason alone. I also can’t easily sort my games alphabetically on different SD cards using installed nsp files.

Reactions: flatty69

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Still xci are a tiny bit safer and I for my part want to avoid the ban as long as possible.
I have never been banned and I exclusively use NSPs, especially so with the recent editions to Atmosphere which redirect all telemetry and data reporting to the SD card (Something SX OS does not have). Either way, use of unsigned code will inevitably result in a ban, especially with the newest telemetry additions coming in 6.0. If you don't want a ban, don't hack your console.

I can’t play pirated nsp files online. I can play pirated xci with injected certs online. Until I get banned (been going strong since SXOS launch) I will only use xci files for this reason alone.
Certs are specific to each game, and will likely eventually result in a ban. I won't reiterate what I mentioned above. It's your choice to use whatever you'd like, I don't care. I just find it silly to keep using SX OS with all of its issues, lack of features, and potential for a ban over the alternatives.

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have never been banned and I exclusively use NSPs, especially so with the recent editions to Atmosphere which redirect all telemetry and data reporting to the SD card (Something SX OS does not have). Either way, use of unsigned code will inevitably result in a ban, especially with the newest telemetry additions coming in 6.0. If you don't want a ban, don't hack your console.

Certs are specific to each game, and will likely eventually result in a ban. I won't reiterate what I mentioned above. It's your choice to use whatever you'd like, I don't care. I just find it silly to keep using SX OS with all of its issues, lack of features, and potential for a ban over the alternatives.

2 months playing injected cert. Still alive. Until 6.0.

McWhiters9511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>they rock the scene world yet again
more like "they steal from the scene yet again"
idk what youre trying to achieve with hating tx but it doesnt seem to be working. and even if they steal from everyone and put it in one os doesnt that still make it the best cuz it has all the good stuff from others and its all nicely placed in sx os for users. stop being a white knight for devs who know stuff will be stolen. not just directed at u. everyone with similar views.

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they hate tx cause TX beats everybody. thats the reason,also TX is not for free and people wants all 4 free.

novalkun

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I only use it for the xci loader and because I bought it when it was the only option. If ReiNX had xci support I’d fully make the switch to it.

don't forget stealth mode that ReinX and hekate still has not applied to the program

Reactions: xIce101x

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't forget stealth mode that ReinX and hekate still has not applied to the program
Stealth mode is a DNS server built into the CFW. Regardless of whether or not the other CFWs are capable of adding such a thing, its not designed to prevent bans. Much like Airplane Mode, it merely blocks Nintendo-related URLs from resolving meaning it acts like a self-imposed ban for Nintendo-related online services. What the other CFWs do have over SX OS are actual anti-banning tools such as creport and disabling of eclct via a custom pm.kip.

Think of it like this: I can add a custom DNS server (aka stealth mode) and the anti-banning tools to all non-SX OS CFWs while I can only use Stealth Mode or a custom DNS server with SX OS.

EDIT: To avoid being misquoted as a "TX Hater" understand that this is an objective difference between SX OS and all other CFWs.

Last edited by Draxzelex,

xIce101x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I play online so stealth mode isn’t an option for me. Nice feature for those that want to be completely blocked from Nintendo and use FTP programs though

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
OP
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
Alot of people are happy with this release, but there is still some reporting 'blackscreen' so, to get to the bottom for those not working, lets filll out this form:

#1 - Original factory firmware
#2 - Update to what firmware,before updating to 6.0
#3 - There is at least 3 different 6.0 beta builds on the CDN, what is 'md5 hash' of the one you upgraded with.
#4 - ChoiNX has alot of different options.
#5- Those with 'blackscreen', what was the previous firmware you were on.
#5 - #2 - what options, did you select when upgrading to 6.x
#5 - #3 - did you burn fuses or not?
#5 - #4 - did you upgrade the game-cartridge firmware or not?
#5 - #5 - what options did you use to get to v6.0.0
#6 - Hopefully the above info, will help narrow down the issues, and make everyone happy.

Reactions: JoeBloggs777
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already +1