Hacking Team-Xecuter Announces SX OS v1.7 with Switch Firmware v6.0 compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

novalkun

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I play online so stealth mode isn’t an option for me. Nice feature for those that want to be completely blocked from Nintendo and use FTP programs though

your switch is not banned playing online? how? i thought just by connect to internet, nintendo will detect the cfw. does latest hekate from tumger prevent ban?

Stealth mode is a DNS server built into the CFW. Regardless of whether or not the other CFWs are capable of adding such a thing, its not designed to prevent bans. Much like Airplane Mode, it merely blocks Nintendo-related URLs from resolving meaning it acts like a self-imposed ban for Nintendo-related online services. What the other CFWs do have over SX OS are actual anti-banning tools such as creport and disabling of eclct via a custom pm.kip.

Think of it like this: I can add a custom DNS server (aka stealth mode) and the anti-banning tools to all non-SX OS CFWs while I can only use Stealth Mode or a custom DNS server with SX OS.

EDIT: To avoid being misquoted as a "TX Hater" understand that this is an objective difference between SX OS and all other CFWs.

so you mean if i use, for example, the latest sdfiles from TumGER, my switch cannot be banned? how? i understand stealth mode is like DNS or airplane special for nintendo server. i prefer that because i am not playing online. only for FTP and remote debug only

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alot of people are happy with this release, but there is still some reporting 'blackscreen' so, to get to the bottom for those not working, lets filll out this form:

#1 - Original factory firmware
#2 - Update to what firmware,before updating to 6.0
#3 - There is at least 3 different 6.0 beta builds on the CDN, what is 'md5 hash' of the one you upgraded with.
#4 - ChoiNX has alot of different options.
#5- Those with 'blackscreen', what was the previous firmware you were on.
#5 - #2 - what options, did you select when upgrading to 6.x
#5 - #3 - did you burn fuses or not?
#5 - #4 - did you upgrade the game-cartridge firmware or not?
#5 - #5 - what options did you use to get to v6.0.0
#6 - Hopefully the above info, will help narrow down the issues, and make everyone happy.
Wtf kind of form is this

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so you mean if i use, for example, the latest sdfiles from TumGER, my switch cannot be banned? how? i understand stealth mode is like DNS or airplane special for nintendo server. i prefer that because i am not playing online. only for FTP and remote debug only
Your chances of getting banned can go down if you use tomGER's SD files for example but SX OS doesn't really offer anything like that in their CFW. You can achieve the equivalent of Stealth Mode with a custom DNS server which is basically just changing the DNS settings of your Wi-Fi connection. Plus, we already have a tutorial on how to setup the most common one, 90DNS. The only point of contention here is that Stealth Mode is built into SX OS while 90DNS has to be configured separately which isn't really a big deal as most TX supporters make it out to be.

Regardless of whatever anti-banning options are available, there will likely never be one to prevent people from getting banned for playing their backups online, .XCI or .NSP. And for people who are still injecting certificates into .XCI files without a ban, Nintendo usually bans in waves and there has only been one banwave so far. The upgrade to CDN bans was either a server side change or a manual upgrading of all normal bans to CDN bans; people who weren't banned before likely did not notice they were banned already.

novalkun

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Your chances of getting banned can go down if you use tomGER's SD files for example but SX OS doesn't really offer anything like that in their CFW. You can achieve the equivalent of Stealth Mode with a custom DNS server which is basically just changing the DNS settings of your Wi-Fi connection. Plus, we already have a tutorial on how to setup the most common one, 90DNS. The only point of contention here is that Stealth Mode is built into SX OS while 90DNS has to be configured separately which isn't really a big deal as most TX supporters make it out to be.

Regardless of whatever anti-banning options are available, there will likely never be one to prevent people from getting banned for playing their backups online, .XCI or .NSP. And for people who are still injecting certificates into .XCI files without a ban, Nintendo usually bans in waves and there has only been one banwave so far. The upgrade to CDN bans was either a server side change or a manual upgrading of all normal bans to CDN bans; people who weren't banned before likely did not notice they were banned already.

so the chance of me getting banned is lowering but it's not a full protection. My ISP is blocking custom/manual DNS. My country policy. It sucks really, so it's not an option for me. So a built hekate with stealth mode is the last option for me for DNS setting built without need to modify DNS on Switch internet. what i understand is if i play nsp game while connected to internet, Nintendo would detect it and would ban me. i do not want that. :wacko:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nothing prevents a ban. I just haven’t been hit yet.

lucky draw

Last edited by novalkun,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so the chance of me getting banned is lowering but it's not a full protection. My ISP is blocking custom/manual DNS. My country policy. It sucks really, so it's not an option for me. So a built hekate with stealth mode is the last option for me for DNS setting built without need to modify DNS on Switch internet. what i understand is if i play nsp game while connected to internet, Nintendo would detect it and would ban me. i do not want that. :wacko:
I've already explained that Nintendo can ban both, .XCI or .NSP. Many people have gone online .NSP whether by accident or on purpose without a ban. Just see how many people have reported the error code 2124-4024 which is the one you get for having an illegitimate ticket. That ticket can be considered illegitimate without CFW such as using a game bought with one Nintendo Account with one that did not purchase it.

novalkun

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I've already explained that Nintendo can ban both, .XCI or .NSP. Many people have gone online .NSP whether by accident or on purpose without a ban. Just see how many people have reported the error code 2124-4024 which is the one you get for having an illegitimate ticket. That ticket can be considered illegitimate without CFW such as using a game bought with one Nintendo Account with one that did not purchase it.

yes, i said NSP because Free CFW can only play NSP games. XCI is still exclusive for SX OS for now. So, if i load hekate ctcaer 4.0 CFW, then connect to internet, and then play one NSP game like Zelda which is without Multiplayer play, Nintendo may or may not ban me?

DarkenedMatter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, i said NSP because Free CFW can only play NSP games. XCI is still exclusive for SX OS for now. So, if i load hekate ctcaer 4.0 CFW, then connect to internet, and then play one NSP game like Zelda which is without Multiplayer play, Nintendo may or may not ban me?
Nintendo can ban you, regardless of whatever CFW you use. Statistics show that SX OS has contributed to most of the bans but that's because it implemented piracy first hence Nintendo has more data on SX OS users than non-SX OS users. They can also ban you without even touching backups but there's only been one case of that and that user cleared error logs on 5.X which is not recommended. They can also ban you for going online with a .XCI with or without an injected certificate.

TimeMaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
#1 - 3.0
#2 - Latest, 5.1
#3 - Don't know how to check MD5 of a folder
#4 - Install autorcm after install
#5- 5.1 exfat
#5 - #2 - ExFat install autorcm after install
#5 - #3 - No
#5 - #4 - I would assume its already updated since im above 4.0 already
#5 - #5 - I got this same questions twice and its the same answer as the last 2 times
#6 - Hopefully the above info, will help narrow down the issues, and make everyone happy.

Reactions: JoeBloggs777

novalkun

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Nintendo can ban you, regardless of whatever CFW you use. Statistics show that SX OS has contributed to most of the bans but that's because it implemented piracy first hence Nintendo has more data on SX OS users than non-SX OS users. They can also ban you without even touching backups but there's only been one case of that and that user cleared error logs on 5.X which is not recommended. They can also ban you for going online with a .XCI with or without an injected certificate.

What? cleared error logs make a ban :O. that's why sdlfile8 has not put clear log files on front anymore. So, in the end, i need to change my ISP if i want to remote debug, or not online at all then :rofl2:

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I preordered the SX Pro and don't regret it at all, but that was always with the hope that open source solutions would overtake it eventually. Even if some people don't care about GPL violations, it's obviously better for everybody for the scene to quickly reach the point where open solutions are better. I'm not sure how some people dispute this.

I removed SX from my system this weekend because open source solutions have reached a point of maturity where they are better. This is a good thing. Luckily I can still use the TX dongle for this, which really is one of the better dongles thanks to the size. Win-win.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
To combat code theft, homebrew devs should continue to make regular freeware releases, but only release the the relevant source commits 6 months after the release date.

It's not ideal, but it would put some serious brakes on what TX is doing.

Last edited by zoogie,
Reactions: 8BitWonder

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
What homebrew devs should do in this scene to combat theft is make regular freeware releases, but only release the the relevant source commits 6 months after the release date.

It's not ideal, but it would put some serious brakes on what TX is doing.
While this would seem sensible, it doesn't really suit how open development works. Development relies heavily on contributions not just from inside the teams, but also push and pull requests and contributions from external contributors. A lot of code often comes from other projects rather than reinventing the wheel, in line with what the license allows. This isn't really possible if the source isn't publicly available. Open source isn't just an ideological standpoint, it plays a very practical role in the development process.

Not to mention the minefield of issues caused by temporarily withholding the source code for GPL-licenced code.

Last edited by sj33,
Reactions: AveSatanas

Ric-Are-Those

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? Well that's just funny. I should be shaming myself then. (pirates some switch games with tinfoil)
But no. It's still bullshit that they stole code. They claimed it was their own work. And there is proof. If you want proof, go ahead. Use one of the reverse engineering scripts for sx os. And then try to see if you can find a match. (hint you will)
This isn't about pirating switch games. It's about shitting on developers who actually fucking work (team xeuctor is shitting on a community by claiming work that isn't their own)

Yeah because shiting on the developers of the games you should pay for to keep their livelihood is not as bad as taking code from someone tinkering for a hobby. That is totally fine with me.
I bet you don't even care, you just want to pick an arbitrary side in this asinine war.

Reactions: sleepymanakete
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like cinnamon raisin toast in the mornings, with my Vod
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I like cinnamon raisin toast in the mornings, with my Vod