Team Xecuter reveal info on upcoming Switch modchip

SwitchTX.jpg

Just over a week ago, team Xecuter announced that they are working on a soon-to-be-revealed modchip for the Nintendo Switch. This was big news because modchip devices are usually used to circumvent anti-piracy measures on many digital platforms, but mainly gaming systems, and to see one already in the works for a machine that is only 10 months old is very rare.

Since then the team have been quiet, no one knows what the device will look like, how it will work, or when they can get their hands on one - but GBAtemp can exclusively reveal today that there will be BOTH a solder AND solderless option of team Xecuter's Nintendo Switch modchip.

Here is a direct quote from team Xecuter:

For now, I can tell you there is a solder and solderless version. We have quite a lot in the works, you will have more info soon.

The difference in pricing should be interesting in the two versions of the device, but at least you can now rest safely, knowing that the team will be providing options for whatever the Xecuter Switch modchip turns out to be.

Stay tuned to GBAtemp for more info in the upcoming weeks.

Attachments

• nintendo-switch.jpg
    nintendo-switch.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 177

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, if you got something to summarize what you're getting at, I think we're all ears here. Perhaps even a "jump to this point" suggestion...

Last edited by brickmii82,

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
Was just addressing the false claim of it beeing tethered which is not true. In the video you can see her completely turning the Switch off and the exploit is still there when she turns it back on. All without USB C cable.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Was just addressing the false claim of it beeing tethered which is not true. In the video you can see her completely turning the Switch off and the exploit is still there when she turns it back on. All without USB C cable.
At what point?

D

Deleted User

Yeah, I admit, it's hard to tell with all the wires coming out of there. She might even have soldered onto the USB-C connector D+/D- pins on the motherboard and having them come out the top-right corner to throw people off on a red herring.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: brickmii82

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
At around 00:13:00 she starts messing with it and at around 00:20:00 she is getting output from the Switch for the first time. In between she is holding the power button a few times for force poweroff. Her UART adapter is not working very well.

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not a site. It's a Distribution ..
U have to buy in Bulk !!
Again, where? Xecuter has a list of authorized vendors. Shop01media, Modchipcentral, etc.... Nothing about bulk purchases.

Edit: I've heard Modchipsdirect was opening back up. Could it have to do with them? They were awesome.

Last edited by brickmii82,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I admit, it's hard to tell with all the wires coming out of there. She might even have soldered onto the USB-C connector D+/D- pins on the motherboard and having them come out the top-right corner to throw people off on a red herring.
While one can't deny it requires an initial entrypoint (which is not a problem on 1.0.0-4.1.0) it's permanent after install as you can see. She has no reason for hiding it when she will release it (estimated this summer). Reswitched will deliver just as part of their members did with sighax/boot9strap for the 3DS.

And on a side note: Any USB communication with the bootrom requires keys we don't have.

Onibi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh yay, another video release. Please give all the likes and attention for those lovely, invaluable, moving pictures ...

Yea, hiding stuff is kinda meh. But the whole situation and behavior smells of meh, so what did you expect? I hope TX is not going to cave and I can buy their solution. Tired of this ego attention theater.

USB-C:
I don't understand the speculation :O? The bootrom bug is either triggered through a software entry point (likely kernel level) or by glitching, no? Haven't watched the video (refusing to) but I can't see how USB-C factors in, maybe once, initially. I assume here it is used to load additional code (maybe loader) after the bootrom or communication, just a (loader) dev setup (not to override internals continuously).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And on a side note: Any USB communication with the bootrom requires keys we don't have.

Well that makes sense then. You glitch the key / restriction and communicate / flash via usb?

Last edited by Onibi,
D

Deleted User

The bootrom vuln is in the USB RCM part of the bootrom. You can trigger it with the right hardware.
For the glitching, you don't really need USB. Glitching exploits a way to skip the RSA sig check so it will run any bootloader you put on eMMC.

You don't need the 'bootrom keys' to communicate with USB. If you put the Switch into USB RCM mode, it will tell you its UID. Is that not USB comms then and there?

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Onibi

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need Photoshop 4 that and that's old as hell... That's just a marketing pic from TX, nothing to talk about it...

The teaser is more appealing to us unless it has been done with Adobe after effects too...

I just wish TX go with emunand and bring a fast memory chip built-in, that would buy me to go with TX over CFW...

Also if they had something like a 128GB version I wouldn't even mind paying like max 100 EUR for the chip with fast 128GB built in. It was awesome if we had different options to buy other than solder and solderless.

I just really hope they put a memory chip in it.:wink:

Last edited by guily6669,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1