The BIG Football Thread

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Goddamn, Real Madrid is really spending a shitload of money on players....
Already spent 170 million pounds on players this transfer season!
And with C. Ronaldo gone, I can't see Man U win the Premier League for the 4th time in a row....

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yippie, Man U won again!
But I don't think we're gonna win the Championship again...
I think it's between Arsenal and Chelsea. I really hope Arsenal wins it, and that will probably depend on the injuries in this season.
Chelsea has also a very good team, but I don't like the likes of Ballack and Obi Mikel.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Liverpool, you said I'll never walk alone!

But, you lost
frown.gif

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Swansea City lost again yesterday, we nearly had the game abandoned due to us going down to six players. We ended up having to force an injured player to stay on the field.

Still though, they're my local team and losing on a regular basis (what this season will be) is character building stuff. Though I've already seen us relegated, nearly relegated out of the football league and close to bankruptcy a few time in my lifetime. I'm 19 FFS, I shouldn't be going through this.

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
OSW said:
Liverpool, you said I'll never walk alone!

But, you lost
frown.gif

Yeah, what's the deal with Liverpool this year?
I guess losing Xabi Alonso is the main reason for the bad start, I hope they get over it soon.
But with players like Torres, Kuyt and Gerrard, you still should be able to stay in the Top 4. But I don't think Liverpool is gonna win the Championship...

QUOTE(luke_c @ Aug 27 2009, 01:32 AM) 1: Chelsea FC
2: Southend United FC

Up the blues! this year looks like a promising year for us.

Got that right, Chelsea is looking super good. They are the top favorite for the Championship this year.
But I don't know, the season is still long, and the Africa Cup can ruin there chances pretty hard....
I hope Man U becomes champion again, but what I saw today at Old Trafford wasn't all that promising at all!
Arsenal deserved the game, we got on top with a dive from Rooney and a very lucky own-goal. But Arsenal was way better then us, they deserved it.
If Man U don't become champions, I hope and think it will be Arsenal.

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
This foul just happened yesterday in our Belgian competition.
It was the match between Anderlecht and Standard Luik.
There has been a lot of rivalry between these 2 clubs, especially in the last 3 years, because Standard won the title the past 2 years, always very close with Anderlecht.

It is kinda cruel though, and if you are sensitive to blood and injuries, don't open this spoiler!

33e1wfd.gif

The foul was done by Axel Witsel, one of our most promising Belgian footballers, and sure to end up in one of the best teams in the world. He also won the 'Golden Shoe' award last year, which is given to the best footballer of that season.
I think he is overrated though, I think there are way better footballers then him in our competition.

But this foul, damn. That is gonna follow him for the rest of his career.....

But Wasilewski, the player that was injured, will not football for at least a year. It was an double open leg break.

Some more pics, to see the gratitude of the foul:

album_large_1300341.jpg
album_large_1299720.jpg

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
National team of Belgium is sucking so hard! They aren't gonna get to the World Cup in South Africa, and that's the 4th big tournament we miss!
We have also never been ranked so low. It's a fucking disgrace! The players don't want to fight anymore, they don't want to play for the national team anymore.
And so much talent, all going to waste!

Luckily England has qualified itself!

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My fave teams:
Lazio
Arsenal
Villareal
Can't beleive united lost 1-0 to Leeds in the FA Cup. First time theyve ever been knocked out in the 3rd round! Who do you think will win the prem this year? I think Chelsea but its hard to say since they will lose a lot of players to the African cup of nations - drogba,essien, mikel etc. I dont think Man U will win it this year they have a lot of injuries at the moment. Btw if they do win, it will be the first time a team has ever won 4 titles in a row. I really dont want that to happen.
World Cup should be good this year. Dont know how England will do, people are saying this is the year but they always say that and it just never seems to happen...
Elsewhere, Hadrian said on the 1st page that Forest are doing bad and its depressing watching them, true but theyre 3rd in the championship at the moment, they could be playing in the premier league next season. But I think Newcastle and WBA will get promoted.
Messie won player of the year for 09, I think he deserved it. The other contenders were ronaldo, messie and kaka.
Yeah, I like soccer/football
oh yeah, liverpool are doing really BAD this season- 7th! I think they need to sack rafa asap. I also think they wont be in the top 4 theyll be replaced by Man city, spurs, or villa

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
alidsl said:
Tottenham
biggrin.gif

Moving into the top 4 this season

Tottenham say that every season, they should have "Top four this season" written in Latin under their crest.

Latest photos

Group events

Site & Scene News

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Photos: