lecture.gif

Escape

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lucky I ordered mine already
biggrin.gif

Just can't help but wonder how much it would cost on DX if they would still sell flash carts.

D

Deleted User

It's still a good price if you ask me.

Overwhelming said:
Damn! Can't buy it! Only Paypal and MoneyBookers options and can't use them.
frown.gif

(i know, I'm repeating myself, sorry about that.)
You realize that there's a difference between "can't" and "don't want to", right?! I just wanted to point that out--no harsh feelings intended.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
hunnymonster said:
Ace Gunman said:
just a little over five dollars more.
smile.gif

>50% is "a little over"?
lecture.gif
Well it was $30, now it's $37. That's merely 2 dollars over five, I'd say it's a just little over. I'm not a rich man by any means, but the difference between 5 dollars and 6 or 7 dollars isn't a terribly large deal to me personally.

Regardless of your issue with my phrasing though, still a great price.
tongue.gif
Honestly when we announced the Supercard DSTWO way back, we thought it would be anywhere from $50 - $80. And for some sites, it likely will be.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Takeshi said:

Overwhelming said:
frown.gif

You realize that there's a difference between "can't" and "don't want to", right?! I just wanted to point that out--no harsh feelings intended.

I've been using PayPal for years, and never had anything fishy happen. In fact they once recovered money for me, on the single occassion when an eBay seller tried to screw me. What is it with people being too paranoid to use services like this? Do they honestly think just entering their credit card number on a store's checkout is more secure?

Overwhelming

Trophies
XP
Country
Takeshi said:

Overwhelming said:
frown.gif

Sure I realize. And I realize you're being technical about it, but let's see:

PayPal can't acept my credit card because my bank denies it.
MoneyBrookers ask me to make a X$ deposit, while I can only make deposits in €. Who guarantees that my $ to € convertion is exactly the same as MoneyBrookers when they receive de deposit? Plus, it charges commisions (1.01 to 2.99€ just for veryfying my account and each card, for example).

So, I really can't.

TM2-Megatron said:
Takeshi said:

QUOTE(Overwhelming @ Apr 7 2010, 08:52 PM)
frown.gif

I've been using PayPal for years, and never had anything fishy happen. In fact they once recovered money for me, on the single occassion when an eBay seller tried to screw me. What is it with people being too paranoid to use services like this? Do they honestly think just entering their credit card number on a store's checkout is more secure?

Of course not. I use the www.mbnet.pt system, used by major banks in Portugal. It's been around 10 years of sucessful online and international shopping. Why should I change now and specially for this?

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Overwhelming said:
Of course not. I use the www.mbnet.pt system, used by major banks in Portugal. It's been around 10 years of sucessful online and international shopping. Why should I change now and specially for this?

The problem is, a store that deals internationally just can't utilize every system, from every country; especially ones that only exist in one country. They need to use the services that the greatest number of their potential customers will use, and PayPal is useable by nearly everyone.

Hopefully in the future they may just add a regular credit card checkout, but for now the two services they offer are enough for most.

Overwhelming

Trophies
XP
Country
TM2-Megatron said:
Overwhelming said:

The problem is, a store that deals internationally just can't utilize every system, from every country; especially ones that only exist in one country. They need to use the services that the greatest number of their potential customers will use, and PayPal is useable by nearly everyone.

Hopefully in the future they may just add a regular credit card checkout, but for now the two services they offer are enough for most.

Sure, I'm not saying ShopTemp should adjust to every system in every country. But in this case, and using your words, a regular credit card checkout would be enough.
smile.gif

iamthemilkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Give me Google Checkout or a regular checkout and I'll buy it at even $37.50! And I'll buy much more! Please!!! I will make ShopTemp my #1 place to buy flashcarts and such...

Paypal...
hate2.gif

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
iamthemilkman said:
Give me Google Checkout or a regular checkout and I'll buy it at even $37.50! And I'll buy much more! Please!!! I will make ShopTemp my #1 place to buy flashcarts and such...

Paypal...
hate2.gif
In response to this, and all the others requests for alternate payment methods, we'll suggest it to the ShopTemp crew. I can't promise that it will happen soon, but we do expect them to add additional methods eventually.

iamthemilkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ace Gunman said:
iamthemilkman said:

Paypal...
hate2.gif
In response to this, and all the others requests for alternate payment methods, we'll suggest it to the ShopTemp crew. I can't promise that it will happen soon, but we do expect them to add additional methods eventually.

That's all I can ask for.

Thank you, Ace.

hunnymonster

Trophies
XP
Country
Ace Gunman said:
Well it was $30, now it's $37. That's merely 2 dollars over five, I'd say it's a just little over. I'm not a rich man by any means, but the difference between 5 dollars and 6 or 7 dollars isn't a terribly large deal to me personally.

Wind it up to $500 & $750 - it gets important - oh, ok, I admit it, I wanted to be the first pedant
blush.gif

But yeah, $37.50's still a great price - in fact within 25c of what I paid for a SC DSONEi about 2 weeks ago (in a panic-buy situation)

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
hunnymonster said:
Overwhelming said:
PayPal can't acept my credit card because my bank denies it.

No way is my bank going to tell me what to spend my money on - change banks.

Technically he's talking about a credit card; so they're only limiting where he can spend the credit they've chosen to grant him.

Still a massive pain in the ass, though, and I'd switch myself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Never gonna give you upNever gonna let you downNever gonna run around and desert youNever gonna...