The End of an Era

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we were going to wait until late June to sell all my unused or modded systems, aside from the portables, but my mother is accompanying my sister to California to take my sister's husband to a hiking trail (he loves hiking!). this weekend, we're going to start unplugging some stuff, if we can even see where the cables go, because the entertainment center is obtrusive, and there's no way to get back behind it. I'm going to start with the 360s (own 3 of them) and the ps3 (cfw), but how do I sell jtags and a cfw ps3 (plan to keep the superslim for some ps3 exclusives I own)? I want to sell on faceboot marketplace, since there are no fees and it can be local more easily than ripoff Ebay. how do I market this stuff without it getting delisted?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely don't include any pirated games.
I might include the external hdd I'm using, with the ps4. It's 5tbs. I'm using 2 2tb hdds for the series x and another 5tb hdd with the ps5. I'm running low on space on the ps5, have between 3 and 4tbs used up.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might include the external hdd I'm using, with the ps4. It's 5tbs. I'm using 2 2tb hdds for the series x and another 5tb hdd with the ps5. I'm running low on space on the ps5, have between 3 and 4tbs used up.

Including drives is fine, I wouldn't Include any pirated games if you sold them to strangers

Reactions: Marc_LFD

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't plan to, especially with one of my accounts tied to it.

I just put my ps3, 4, and 5 games in a box, the stack was just getting too high.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the 360 will be the first to go. I own three of them, and if I sell on facebook marketplace, I'll get cash, which I can give to my mom for use later or to pay back for the laptop, as I think I've mentioned that, I can't have more than 2 grand in the bank at any one time.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how much is a jtagged 360, falcon, even worth? I was thinking $100 or something. I try not to rip people off, but I don't want that to happen to me in the process.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Also just worth dropping this here, since GBAtemp does have its own trading forum:
https://gbatemp.net/forums/trading-area.160/

If anybody is interested, it's probably the simplest place you can sell. Plus you need at least 100 posts to view the forum, so you have a degree of safety in that scammers can't just sign up out of nowhere.

Best of luck with the selling regardless o7

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, I think I'll stick with facebook marketplace. the last time I tried selling a v1 switch, I was offered $175 on here, which is insulting.

Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd keep at least 2 of each system, specially the 360s since they require a hardmod, and there's no telling what will happen in the future, i know there's rgh3.0 but still.. Personally i don't the feeling of relying on just one system, as it can/could stop working at any moment, for a variety of reasons. So having 2 at time is def better than 1.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I own 2 jtags and one with a flashed drive, which was never updated, jasper. btw, someone else offered me $150 for the v1 switch. I mean people should tell people to offer realistic numbers. I sold an oled on facebook marketplace, the regular white one, for $300. it came with everything, all inserts. unlike ebay, there are no fees either. it was a local pickup, and I got cash for it.

Reactions: CoolMe

Fedaey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Offerup is a good place to market your consoles as well! I've sold several & always mention that they're modded & can play homebrew. You'll get some obnoxious low-ballers, but I've made more on average through offerup than FB.

Good luck with sales!

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got everything together for my pokemon switch. 100% complete with original packaging and inserts. Some have never been opened.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Too bad you are on USA, I'd take you up on them 360, but alas...
Trying to decide if I should sell the system, cables, wifi adapter, and hdd in pink shell. The hdd is 1tb. I think you can format it in system settings. That console is in a black xcm case with leds, whit rol, and purple power button. I have about seven or more controllers with white rol. Would those be worth anything without a white rol on another console?

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Trying to decide if I should sell the system, cables, wifi adapter, and hdd in pink shell. The hdd is 1tb. I think you can format it in system settings. That console is in a black xcm case with leds, whit rol, and purple power button. I have about seven or more controllers with white rol. Would those be worth anything without a white rol on another console?
I would say pictures do help. I'm intrigued by the pink shell.
What's a white rol?

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would say pictures do help. I'm intrigued by the pink shell.
What's a white rol?
By context, I would say that they’re the ring of lights around the power button. Or the “ring of LEDs”.

I could be wrong though. They’re normally a yellow/green. I think the 360 would look pretty slick with white LEDs.

Reactions: eyeliner

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!