The fan-made PC port of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time has been released

ooooooooooooooot.png

Arriving ahead of its previously teased schedule is the fan-made Ship of Harkinian Ocarina of Time PC port. The project builds upon the aptly-named Zelda Reverse Engineering Team's reverse-engineered code for The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, porting the game in its entirety to PC. Boasting many new features and improvements, the project adds HD visuals, the ability to add mods to the game, texture pack support, keyboard controls, and support for ultra-widescreen resolutions.

The team behind the PC port, Harbour Masters, released version 1.0.0 of the port today on GitHub, along with directions on how to build the game and launch it. For now, it runs on either DirectX 11 or OpenGL, with the former being the default renderer. You'll need to get a ZRET Ocarina of Time debug ROM and then create an oot.otr file using an included tool within the GitHub release. For those that need support, a dedicated Discord server exists to help users out.

Now that the port has been released, the team at Harbour Masters plans to work on HD models and textures, 60fps support, and ports to both Linux and macOS in the future. They also plan on porting The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask to PC as well, once the ZRET group has completed their decompilation, which is nearly halfway finished.

A PC port of OoT allowing you to enjoy the game with modern controls, widescreen, high-resolution, gyroscopy and other great features! Setup is simple, let's get started!

The Ship does not include assets and as such requires a prior copy of the game to play.

Quick Start​

1. Download The Ship of Harkinian from releases.
  2. Get a ZRET OoT Debug ROM
Build date: `zelda@srd022j 03-02-21 00:49:18`
sha1: cee6bc3c2a634b41728f2af8da54d9bf8cc14099

1. Use the OTRGui to generate an oot.otr archive file.
  2. Launch soh.exe
Congratulations, you are now sailing with the Ship of Harkinian! Have fun!

:arrow: Source

[UPDATE] The download link is currently only available via the Discord server, linked above in the article.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Time to dig my old cart out of the attic build me Up a dumper and try this out
you can't use any legal roms for this despite the directions unless you own the specific PAL Debug cart needed. this project is interesting as it requires the specific leaked debug rom for now until they decompile the other versions whereas SM64 could use a retail copy dump to work.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't wait to be ported to switch and get a version way better than nintendo switch online "emulator".

Hopefully it gets better looking than 3ds remaster with time and all mods applied.
It already has, if you use the SM3D All Stars rom hack, it pretty much converts it into a zedla 35 year anniversary collection with OoT, OoT MQ and MM all with a video intro and front end graphics ect.

Its already posted in this forum.

Reactions: Vicfr21 and Phearoz

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
... And as a token of generosity for the hard work, Nintendo won't simply send out a mere ported c&d letter, but will completely redesign, update and have an actual lawyer completely actually write a brand new cease and desist letter from scratch instead.

Lunos

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
The version on the web archive is unfortunately from last year, hopefully someone updates it.
I was going to say I found an up-to-date download on Reddit, but it was already posted here too, see:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/jh2fxtmu5ttrovu/SoH-Deckard-Alfa.7z/file

They only removed it from the GitHub because they don't want to risk getting taken down, even though this doesn't have any assets.

1) Use the OTRGui to generate an oot.otr archive file.
2) Launch soh.exe

EDIT:
Perhaps it's not working though?
The process stopped on my end while trying to generate a static_title.xml file, and if I scroll up a bit in the command prompt, I can see this:
Code:
Error when extracting the ROM with error code: -1073741819 !
Aborting...

I already checked the SHA-1 of my ROM and it's correct, so.

EDIT2: Nevermind, solved it.
If anyone else comes across this same problem, try to start the process inside OTRGui again after checking the Single Thread checkbox.
soh_23032022_0237402.png

Last edited by Lunos,
Reactions: raxadian

Morricorne

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Now waiting for Android port with 60 fps and Pad support. And maybe ps Vita port too. My dream is they do the same with twilight Princess. This game is laggy on dolphin emulator on my device

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
epic, hopefully someone ports over the 3ds models and animations with the lighting of the N64 original so we get the best visual version of the game overall. and all those shitty cryzenx videos of ugly uncanny UE4 versions of OOT can be put to rest...

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Possibility of essentially remaking OoT3D, instead of these rather dated polygonal models? How does the Stone of Agony work without vibration? Is it possible to add a Skulltula tracker or something?

Lunos

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Possibility of essentially remaking OoT3D, instead of these rather dated polygonal models? How does the Stone of Agony work without vibration? Is it possible to add a Skulltula tracker or something?
Anything and everything can be done because the full source code that builds the game has been decompiled and it's out there in the open, for anyone to use and modify as much as they want. SoH makes use of this decompilation project too.
60 FPS, OoT3D textures and models, etc. Any of them can (and likely will, in due time) happen. The only single thing that is required is people that is willing to put in the time and effort to look into the codebase and make the appropriate changes.
Considering there's a good chunk of people behind this PC port, I'd say there's a lot of interest in modding it so it's probably a matter of when rather than if.

Reactions: Aerocool

NoobletCheese

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it a port or emulation? The fact that we need to supply it an N64 ROM would seem to imply emulation or interpreter.

On the other hand the readme says you have to spend 5 minutes building a file called oot.otr from the ROM, so maybe this is the "porting" process?

Lunos

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Is it a port or emulation? The fact that we need to supply it an N64 ROM would seem to imply emulation or interpreter.

On the other hand the readme says you have to spend 5 minutes building a file called oot.otr from the ROM, so maybe this is the "porting" process?
A ROM is utilized to extract the visual and audio assets out of it, likely in an attempt to avoid Nintendo's hammer.
SoH itself doesn't do any emulation. There's another port that does use a N64 emulator plugin called "GlideN64" I believe, but SoH uses a modified version of Fast3D, a custom renderer for N64 games.

Reactions: NoobletCheese

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, i heard hazbin hotel and helluva boss are shit