The Nintendo Switch 2 has been delayed to 2025, according to reports

switch-2.jpg

The Nintendo Switch has had a dominant life as a hybrid console-handheld, enjoying success since its launch in 2017. However, late last year heard some rumblings that Nintendo was preparing to move onward to a successor to the Nintendo Switch. According to Video Games Chronicle, Eurogamer, and other insider sources, development kits for a "Switch 2" had already been sent out to third-party devs, and rumors were claiming that the system would launch sometime in 2024.

Now, things have changed. While Nintendo was planning to launch the Switch 2 around late 2024, those same insider sources claim that due to some internal delays, the next-gen Nintendo console is targeting a Q1 2025 launch--similar to the original Switch, which launched in March 2017. VGC's sources state that the Switch 2 still plans on being a hybrid system, offering portable functionality, while Eurogamer corroborates VGC's statements, while additionally adding that the reasoning is so that the Switch 2 features as many launch titles as possible.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jeez, y'all still waiting for the Switch Pro? That's never coming.

Might as well just wait until 2025 for the Super Switch System.
Post automatically merged:

Xbox is from Microsoft
so, the next one should be XBox 5
"Xbox 5" would be sensible title, but it's M$ so they'll probably surprise us with some weird name instead.

"Xbox Ultra Series Z" 😆

Gronbar

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Poland
Is there any plans for big games in 2024 for Switch?

Delaying it is okay, but I REALLY hope that the hardware we will get in 2025 will be recent

Sadly, knowing Big N, we will have a 2019-2020 hardware :(
They will release in 2025 just to be outdated in next 2-3 years by next gen consoles.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

ScaryHobbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Our unnamed sources familiar with the matter say that Switch Pro 2 is delayed until 2025."

**Sweaty grifters huddle around each other**

"UPDATE: Our unnamed sources have corroborated us. It's confirmed Switch Pro 2 is delayed!"

Keep in mind this is NOT EVEN A DAY after these Rumor Grifters were caught with their pants down, as they claimed that Xbox would announce they're committing suicide yesterday, with a Nintendo Direct immediately after. Eurogamer is a dump of an outlet, and the Brazilian's only other claim to fame is that Switch 2 will have Backwards Compatibility (Wow! No shit! I've never ever heard that before!)
Like all grifters do, they are throwing this delay "leak" out to move the goalposts once again so that when Switch 2 is announced, they can go, "See!? See!? I predicted this!!!".

Personally, I think waiting until 2025 is a mistake, but the key thing is that Nintendo has announced nothing.
Until that happens, there is no Switch 2 at all.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Called it.

If it was launched in December this year it would hurt game sales for the Switch this year cause people would be savinh money for the new Nintendo thing.

Also if it was launched this year it would have liked... 3 games at most?

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do we need another model when the Switch OG, Lite and OLED is about enough? Guess thirsty fanboys want anything these days. :glare:

Hell, Gamecube's enough. And GBA for portable. I have a lot more fun on those systems, scads of games on both I love. On every Nintendo console since (excluding handhelds), a handful measure up each gen.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The Nintendo Switch has had a dominant life as a hybrid console-handheld, enjoying success since its launch in 2017. However, late last year heard some rumblings that Nintendo was preparing to move onward to a successor to the Nintendo Switch. According to Video Games Chronicle, Eurogamer, and other insider sources, development kits for a "Switch 2" had already been sent out to third-party devs, and rumors were claiming that the system would launch sometime in 2024.

Now, things have changed. While Nintendo was planning to launch the Switch 2 around late 2024, those same insider sources claim that due to some internal delays, the next-gen Nintendo console is targeting a Q1 2025 launch--similar to the original Switch, which launched in March 2017. VGC's sources state that the Switch 2 still plans on being a hybrid system, offering portable functionality, while Eurogamer corroborates VGC's statements, while additionally adding that the reasoning is so that the Switch 2 features as many launch titles as possible.
Good. I'd prefer a more complete platform with more games at launch. I still have a backlog of hundreds of games while I wait.

mfw the switch 2 comes and has only 8gbs of ram
Original Switch only has 4gb. It was planned to have 2gb originally but was bumped up.

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
If this is true (which I think is wrong) what are the chances that flashcart was responsible for this delay? Clearly they cannot launch the system with back compatibility if people are capable of pirating games day one of launching the new system.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its getting boring with these bs switch 2 claims making it sound like its from a reliable source, yet never is and keeps changing each time its wrong.

Note one big fact.

Nintendo though they love recycling the same cheap shit over and over, they NEVER release a new console with the same name.

Yes it is highly likely that they will do a similar design, copying off the likes of Steam Deck and the ROG Aly - but likely inferior specs.

End of the day all nintendo are bothered about is it having enough spec to run its recycled games, which if done properly, most could probably run on the cube (mario).

Ohh and lets not forget them showcasing Zelda ported over to UE5 adding much loved improvements the emulation scene had already added without needing UE5.

Yup, while these first party nintendo games still remain bug riddled and run like shit, here are nintendo as always hunting down emulators because they hate the simple fact that anything nintendo does, others will always do better.

And no doubt they'll recycle these games as some bullshit version, thus yet again be another inferior console with the bullshit promise of better third party support.

And all theyll do is ensure it can run its own recycled shit, will become another past gens port where and lack anything new, or if it does its a very shit version ohh and nintendo will milk the cash cow re releasing switch games.

Snore.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
It looks like he was born in 1995 or 1996 lol.

I was born when NES was barely 2 years old (NA release) and 15 days before Nick Junior block (Nick Jr) was launched.
I was 8 years old when the NES was released. When I was a nipper the Atari 2600 was THE gaming platform :rofl2:

Reactions: SylverReZ

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Called it.

If it was launched in December this year it would hurt game sales for the Switch this year cause people would be savinh money for the new Nintendo thing.

Also if it was launched this year it would have liked... 3 games at most?
Princess Peach, Luigi's Mansion 2 HD, and Mario Thousand Year Door.

Of course there's more, but in terms of the important ones, that's those.

Metroid Prime 4? Probably a Switch 2 launch title.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/metroid-prime-4-nintendo-switch-game-update-release/

There's that 2025 year again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y