The Super Mario movie has been delayed to early next year

mario-movie-chris-pratt-anya-taylor-joy-charlie-day_copy.jpg

With a set launch of December 2022, the Super Mario Bros. movie was supposed to hit theaters this year, but that will no longer be the case, following Nintendo's announcement of a delay. Shigeru Miyamoto himself apologized, stating that he and Illumination--the team working on the film--have decided to push the release to Spring 2023, and it will now launch in theaters on April 7th in North America, and April 28th in Japan.

For now, fans are left wondering a little bit longer as to what exactly the movie will be about; we previously have seen the reveal of the official voice cast, which features Chris Pratt as Mario, Charlie Day as Luigi, Jack Black as Bowser, Anya Taylor Joy as Princess Peach, Seth Rogan as Donkey Kong, Keegan-Micheal Key as Toad, and other famous actors playing the roles of various beloved Mario characters.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Why does this even exist in the first place?
I would have thought that they learned their lesson with the first catastrophe.
They did. "Don't give away all creative control over your IP for a handful of cash, keep a tight grip on what they're doing with your characters."

Daedalus_

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I feel like,,, Nintendo looked at the Sonic movie and thought "damn why didn't I think of that", but I'm still optimistic tbh.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
If I was Nintendo I would insist on an all CGI movie and hire former Pixar employees.

But again, what do I know of a Japanese company?

Reactions: Vorde

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

With a set launch of December 2022, the Super Mario Bros. movie was supposed to hit theaters this year, but that will no longer be the case, following Nintendo's announcement of a delay. Shigeru Miyamoto himself apologized, stating that he and Illumination--the team working on the film--have decided to push the release to Spring 2023, and it will now launch in theaters on April 7th in North America, and April 28th in Japan.
Very good.
Maybe then,when Sonic 3 comes out...with an

"Sonic & Mario LOCK ON Cartridge" to watch ALL 4 Movies together....
:loool:

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A delayed movie is eventually good, a bad movie is bad forever.

Yeah, except that typically does not really apply well with movies since delays means reshoots, reimaginings and even outright rewritings. Delays are typically seen as bad, very bad signs about there being trouble behind the scenes and trying to do their best to fix it in order for it to be digestible to the audience. A good example of this in recent era would be pretty much more than half of the DC Movies and The Predator. Even if you want to use Sonic as an example of how reshoots did things better its an extremely rare case of something actually working out better, and that was primarily because they listened to the fans which again, is also extremely rare and typically does not happen (and even when it does, it still fails to do so properly half the time).

People really should not be looking at Sonic as an example of how redoing a movie works out. Its an exception of a typical case. You want a good example of how a movie typically fairs with reshoots/edits? Look at the original Suicide Squad movie, that is your typical case and outcome.

Hell, did people even forget that the original live action Mario Movie went through extensive rewrites before it became the final product? So much so that rewrites were happening as the movie was being filmed? This just feels like history repeating itself. The outcome of this movie is already written in the stars, and the fact there still is nothing, nothing at all of a teaser, art, concept art, animation of any kind, even voice takes of this movie being shown off ahead just puts a thick layer of suspicion of shit going bad behind the scenes. For a movie this big to have such little generated hype of its own media is very telling of what the expectations are, they are putting no hype in this project nor are putting any kind of advertising for it. They know they have a shit sandwich on their hands and its too late to back out from it.

it's illumination, the "dispicable me", "sing", and "the lorax" people. it'll be a nice, safe, competent, formulaic movie. but nothing special. Hopefully not as annoying as their minions nonsense, but that's a pretty low bar.
I bet the minions of this movie are going to either be goombas or toads. They always need to have some sort of background silly characters to sell craploads of merch of.

Aserl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bet the minions of this movie are going to either be goombas or toads. They always need to have some sort of background silly characters to sell craploads of merch of.
"hey mommy can we go to McDonalds?"

"why?"

"I want da gooba happy meal toy!"

"*sighs* son of a bitch you got me"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sweet I dont need a dozen pieces of other shit to hack it :)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sweet
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hi
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot