Homebrew The Wii U Homebrew Request Thread

meeeow

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Dune Legacy, the source port of the first real-time strategy game Dune II just got a new release (lots of QoL improvements over the original game). I was wondering if Dune II could (easily?) be ported to the WiiU: the touchpad + pencil should come in pretty handy.

BooleanGemini

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only have a Wii U and and a GC controller adapter. I was hoping for some patch or software or rom hack or really just any way to play Four swords adventures multiplayer with my friends. I have a 2 GBAs and a Link cable So even if there was just a way to get multiplayer working with the gba I would be happy but currently there's absolutely nothing you can do to play it without a wii/gc and 4 GBAs with link cables.

Reactions: TheDerpyDolphin

meeeow

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Considering that you can play the SNES and GBA version of A Link to the Past in an emulator or as an VC inject on the WiiU, is there any benefit of porting the source to the WiiU?

HeadstrongWolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering that you can play the SNES and GBA version of A Link to the Past in an emulator or as an VC inject on the WiiU, is there any benefit of porting the source to the WiiU?
I know widescreen is implemented but has slow down on computers and Vita. There's also a second slot to equip an item, something the vanilla game doesn't have. You can only have one item at a time. Other various quality of life fixes as well but there's still a lot of room for improvement.

I also would love to see a port of this to the Wii U, But would prefer one in a more updatable way, kind of like the Ocarina of Time port at the moment. I believe you have to re-extract everything and redump everything, or at least rebuild the game with every update for a link to the past.

Reactions: meeeow

Ewpb

Trophies
XP
Country
Can the R4 card software be injected into the Wii U DS emulator?

Or are there just too many hooks and workarounds missing for the SD Card storage to be virtualised?

Some of the DS homebrew would be great on the Wii U.

• Love
Reactions: luvcy

Leqz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
SysDVR client port to the Wii U, more so I want to use the Wii U gamepad with touch support on the Switch like ntrview-wiiu does with 3DS streaming to the Wii U.

Current method to use the gamepad on the Switch is complicated,requires a PC with network connection in between and doesn't even work on Switch latest firmware.

Chuardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
is it possible to make a module or patch made for Tiramisu to skip the 'Select a display option' screen that forces you to connect a Wiimote when trying to play GC Games with a Wii U Pro Controller or GC Adapter or similar? I sometimes want to play GC Games injected via 'TeconmoonWiiVCInjector' with my Wii U Pro Controller or GC Controllers as Player 1, not the Gamepad, but I don't want to connect my Wiimote just to choose 'TV Only' or 'TV & Gamepad' in there, is it possible to choose a default option (TV Only or TV & Gamepad) and just skip to that option automatically? Or make it possible to choose an option with the Gamepad or a Wii U Pro Controller?

Ewpb

Trophies
XP
Country
A 60fps sound visualiser. Using the mic on the gamepad to pick up the sounds.
Winamp style visualization on the big screen.
The Wii U is probably the only hacked console able to do it out of the box.

(PS4 hacking scene is dead!)

WiiDSXLandKnuckles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, this thread is still active.

The only thing I would want is something to stream Wii U to n3DS without the use of an external PC.
Something like ntrView, but in reverse.

I propose a port/fork/whatever of something like drc sim client to allow us to use a n3DS in place of a gamepad.

In combination with swap drc, this could be used to stream whatever you want from the Wii U.

Jilou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

What about a retroarch core : an emulator of the Nvidia's ship NV1 Diamond Edge 3D ? In order to play Sega Saturn ports on PC like Panzer Dragoon...

Last edited by Jilou,

gesaugen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know this is not a homebrew app, but it's the last thing that would make WiiU the greatest gaming platform that "rules them all"

Full touchscreen mouse pointer emulation in Retroarch for supported systems (like Amiga and MsDOS)
There was an attempt but hasn't been implemented fully:
https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/pull/11191

Just to be clear, mouse emulation in Amiga core itself works fine on systems whose touchpad/screen have been fully supported (like android phones), so only problem lies in enabling it on WiiU.
Funny thing is that touchscreen works on WiiU in some cases, like onscreen keyboard in amiga core, but as said, not as mouse emulation.

It would be great to be able to play mouse games via stylus on wiiu, especially strategies like Civilization 1, Colonization, Dune 2, etc...

Last edited by gesaugen,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1