There are only two genders. Change my mind.

D

Deleted User

There are only 2 genders. Is this a serious conversation? Do you people live in fairy tale land?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It seems most folks are falling back on "but mah genetics!".

That has to deal with sex, and even that is not binary. it's *usually* binary, but biology is not exact in how it does things. That's how evolution works in the first place! If you think biology dictates only two sexes, and only two ways of expressing those genes, then your understanding of biology is pretty limited. If you think two sexes dictates there be only two genders, then your understanding of sociology, biology, and neurology are really limited.

If you go by what you learned in highschool, I can understand why there's so much hesitation to accept the fuzziness of human sexuality, sex, and gender (all very different topics of conversation, if related in certain ways). but there's more to it, though.
This is bat shit crazy. What has the world come to too.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Fairly sure that referring to someone by name wouldn't go against that law (no matter how stupid that law is) as their name is not a pronoun.
I guess thats one way to avoid it. The fact that’s it’s around it’s going to be subject to abuse.

And there is this other ridiculous case I was actually laughing at how ridiculous it was, about a trans person.

Someone went to an all girl school. Marked they were a girl in the application. But identified as “masculine of center gender queer.” Took on a male name Timmothy. Ran for a leadership position. But many people were against it because she was now a he and part of the white male oppressive patriarchy and a problem to society.

I wonder what goes on in people’s minds when this stuff happens. How dumb can you be?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.na...rsity-officer-because-shes-white-man-now/amp/

Last edited by SG854,

Lucar

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"Bigots never really want to debate. They want to recruit. When they say they "debate me," what they are saying is that they would like for you to use your platform to direct a population's attention to them, because statistically, they can sway at least a few from any large set."

Source: https://twitter.com/SecretGamerGrrl/status/990527425741295616

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

The_Green_Nerd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
There are only 2 genders. Is this a serious conversation? Do you people live in fairy tale land?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This is bat shit crazy. What has the world come to too.
And how about hermaphrodites?

xpoverzion

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Ther eare only 2 genders, and 2 sexes scientifically speaking. Anyone here that says otherwise is a delusional libtard.

Kheartz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ther eare only 2 genders, and 2 sexes scientifically speaking. Anyone here that says otherwise is a delusional ***.

I think you need to actually explore the distinction between gender and sex, and see what the scientific literature has to say about the distinction between the two. They're not the same. And there's definitely no need for name calling.

Last edited by Kheartz,
D

Deleted User

I think you need to actually explore the distinction between gender and sex, and see what the scientific literature has to say about the distinction between the two. They're not the same. And there's definitely no need for name calling.
If I want to have sex with a cat, it makes me a human who wants sex with a cat, not a cat.

D

Deleted User

I'm saying when he mentioned sex and gender, he wasn't referencing sexuality and gender. I'm not going to bother arguing with someone who honestly doesn't seem open to different opinions though. Sorry.
Thats the thing, someone who is factual/logical comes off as hateful nowadays.

There was never any hate involved, I love all people. But a girl is a girl and a boy is a boy, we breathe oxygen, earth revolves around the sun etc etc.

Lucar

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

There was never any hate involved, I love all people. But a girl is a girl and a boy is a boy, we breathe oxygen, earth revolves around the sun etc etc.

I didn't say you seem hateful, you just don't seem open to a change in opinion, and therefore I'm not going to waste my time trying to do something that I can't.

The_Green_Nerd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
When I look at wikipedia, gender differences is a heavily researched topic with a broad view. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender#Biological_factors_and_views and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_differences_in_humans. But you can savely say that sex is what you are biologically; gender is what you become socially. But nature f*cks things up sometimes, causing stuff like hermaphrodites and homosexuals. And there is nothing we can do about it. Except soften the pain by giving some a hormones, removing one of the two genitals and accepting those people in society.

Further more, I also as a society we should stop discussing these topics? Looking at the complexity of this topic. I sincerely think we should leave it to researchers and a medical and psychological panel to come with names.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Please explain to me how sex and gender differ.

Sex is your body.
Gender is your mind.

We don't know how often they tie up, because some people are generally unwilling to discuss this & they may have repressed their non binary tendencies anyway.

The idea of intelligent design is crazy when you consider what happens in nature, so IMO it's down to the individual what they identify as.

Last edited by smf,

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Liberals don't like logic. They go by feeling. They say science is their god, but when confronted with facts and not the junk science they rely on they then turn on science. Tolerance is a common phrase, but they only tolerate people who believe in what they believe. Anyone else is a bigot (that's the best they can do is repeat the same offensive attack over and over again). Liberals have had control of our classrooms for 20 years so it's no wonder kids are confused about simple things such as male/female. Do these kids ever look into who is writing their text books or do they just blindly follow without asking questions?

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Liberals don't like logic. They go by feeling. They say science is their god, but when confronted with facts and not the junk science they rely on they then turn on science. Tolerance is a common phrase, but they only tolerate people who believe in what they believe. Anyone else is a bigot (that's the best they can do is repeat the same offensive attack over and over again). Liberals have had control of our classrooms for 20 years so it's no wonder kids are confused about simple things such as male/female. Do these kids ever look into who is writing their text books or do they just blindly follow without asking questions?
Apparently all science based conclusions are wrong if it doesn't match your viewpoints, more hot takes from gbatemp user cots at 11
/s

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hp24nDVKvY