Things you have fixed/modded recently

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In addition to the info I shared above about how to eliminate the 'touch' function for the OSD when installing a Funnyplaying IPS or ITA laminated screen, today I have another tip.

Before I did the mod on my GBA, the power led was flickering green to red and would immediately go red if I touched the power switch in any way. So, I got out the solderin' shit, some q-tips, 91% IPA, and a can of CRC contact cleaner. I dismantled the power switch and gave it a good cleanout, then put it back to together. Tested, worked.

Then I did the screen mod, popped in some rechargeables, and started actually using that GBA. And, from about the 2nd or 3rd time I picked it up to play, I started seeing the power led flash a little red here and there. Since I'd just cleaned the switch, that bothered me a lot. I was about to pop the shell open again, and when I opened the batt door I noticed one of the AA's was off kilter, i.e. not parallel with the other. There's too much room in there! Funnyplaying wants everyone to buy their UCB-C rechargeable LiPo mod, so they don't put a divider inside the battery compartment like there was on the real GBA (and many other things using two AA's), and there's just enough room for one battery to get a lean to it. So, I made a divider. I used a furniture shim, which you can get at hardware stores, Lowes, even Walmart. It's a thin plastic or hard rubber wedge, used to balance out uneven wobbly legs on pieces of furniture. Using a box cutter knife I was able to make one that was just thick enough to sit between the batteries and keep them in place, without impeding the batt door closing properly. Result ... power led is rock solid green now, even during on-off cycling.

Mayo1990

I just play vidya
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
1705488281006.png

1705488288998.png

If you know, you know.

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can’t even explain all I’ve done to my bike over the last couple of years. Well, I can, but it’ll be more of a blog entry.

The bike started off as a regular 700 Series (https://ride1up.com/product/700-series/) and has become my forever project.

I’ll spare you all the wiring details and just note that I’ve changed the controller, display, added R/L turn signals at front and rear. As well as a wireless phone charger, motorcycle horn, right side half twist throttle, mirror, new handlebar, aded some riser spacers, and some stickers. The key switch is the master switch. The display can not be turned on without the key. With the key on, all lighting works. Even before the display is turned on. All the accessories work from the bike battery, so that’s the only thing I need to charge.

Sure there are new pedals, grips, Tannis Armor tire inserts, SunTour seatpost, bell, panniers and another top bag (not pictured), but that can’t be added to any bike and is not really a mod.

IMG_3382.jpeg

IMG_3315.jpeg

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Set up a fix and repair shop already. You're wasting a lot of time.
Oh thanks, but my full time job is getting in the way of that. Also, I am very hesitant to make a hobby a job. Truth is, there are soooo many different components, no standards, and (sometimes) very little documentation to successfully work on them. I’m scared to jump in the fire. I’ll fix my friends things, but that’s really it. Actually, that’s how my buddy started his handyman service. It was friends, word of mouth, then referrals. I’m thinking of soliciting a bike shop. I’m following progress of another guy who opened his own shop. He is detailing everything (he did) to get established as an ebike repair shop. It sounds overwhelming. I know it takes a lot to run your own show and I don’t think I want my retirement to look like that.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Our kitchen tap has been dripping more and more, can't be bothered with the hassle of calling the landlord and making an appointment with a plumber and having some dude come in our house, so I googled, took it apart, got pics of the filter and measurements of the washer, gave it a clean and a fiddle and put it back together. It's not dripping at all right now, but if it starts again I now know what parts I need to get.

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Our kitchen tap has been dripping more and more, can't be bothered with the hassle of calling the landlord and making an appointment with a plumber and having some dude come in our house, so I googled, took it apart, got pics of the filter and measurements of the washer, gave it a clean and a fiddle and put it back together. It's not dripping at all right now, but if it starts again I now know what parts I need to get.
CONGRATS!! You just saved yourself $200 and 3 days of waiting. Not to mention the phone calls to find the right people to help you.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by BigOnYa,
Reactions: slaphappygamer

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not a fixed or modded thing, but just to have done the damn, "I've Done It!" lol Lost some of my data of course [Note to others: Back-Up your :shit: before doing things on ANY computer OR gaming console :angry:], but I've done it, because of windows Nagging me to upgrade to win 11, Even though it's an "Unsupported Hardware". So this was my way of saying 🖕 you to them :)

Win11ProSuccess.png

Now I gotta figure out where everything is on Win 11 Pro, Let alone, adding my favorite programs ALL over again. :(:sad:

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

handy dave?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not a fixed or modded thing, but just to have done the damn, "I've Done It!" lol Lost some of my data of course [Note to others: Back-Up your :shit: before doing things on ANY computer OR gaming console :angry:], but I've done it, because of windows Nagging me to upgrade to win 11, Even though it's an "Unsupported Hardware". So this was my way of saying 🖕 you to them :)

View attachment 415048

Now I gotta figure out where everything is on Win 11 Pro, Let alone, adding my favorite programs ALL over again. :(:sad:

Wait did you did an upgrade or a full wipe?

Reactions: AncientBoi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work