Things you recently bought or got

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently purchased the Nyxi wizard controller for the Nintendo switch and the case to go with it.

they're comically large and trying to use the GameCube layout for most modern games is more than a bit clunky but I fell in love with it. I play a lot of Splatoon 3 and was worried about the gyro capabilities but it pleasantly surprised me and is now my main controller.

View attachment 369028

View attachment 369029
Same length as a Steam Deck now?

Youngsie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Same length as a Steam Deck now?
Hah not far off for sure, I did actually wonder if the case is an adapted Steamdeck case.

I should also note there's a slightly concerning creaking noise from the right controller rail the HALL Effect sensor sticks may last forever but I don't think the rails will...

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4 things well 3 i need to escalate with one item with ebay due to a fake tracking #
1) platinum picoboot gc with a gc2sd adapter
2) gc controller cause the gc had no hookups/controller
3 av cable / aftermarket AC plug this one came from an ebay seller i delt with in the past very fast shipping (seems to overestimate the delivery date and normally arrives in 3-4 days)
4 256mb gc mem card (the one with a fake tracking #) once i got wind i started the process AND filed a complaint with the us postal inspector
I got 1&2 today and hopelly 3 by the 6th (also by some miracle the card is on the 6th too

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can get a universal tv table top stand. I bought one for my 50" when i got it cause I also hate those tiny legs on it. My sister also wanted one for her new TV when she got it.

I got this one and I haven't had any problems with it and it feels like decent quality.
Surprised it's so pricey for a TV stand. I thought it'd cost like $20, even from AliExpress it ain't cheap.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
20230504_213435.jpg

Corsair my beloved <3

lwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Arnt those like $4000 speakers?
Are they blown out or is it just cosmetic
Probably more like 1500-2000ish euros in good nick at the moment, but these have been pricey from the store originally.

Probably at least one tweeter, possibly both need to be refurbished, voice coil assembly/assemblies is pretty badly shot. Midranges and basses are visually ok, no tears and such, but some parts attaching midranges to chassis are missing as are the bottom spikes. Both midrange rubber gaskets between element and chassis have to be renewed. We'll see what gives once I've tested the passive components, and seen the quota for refurb parts from manufacturer. Have to proceed slowly and carefully with these.

Would have been massive waste (IMNSHO) for rareish speakers to have the elements and passives ending up in electronics recycling and chassises as energy wood tbh.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Took about 12 hours to burn all of those, but it's all done now. Got a few more digital only albums I own that I want to slap on some more discs, but so far so good.
IMG_20230505_191951305.jpg

The MZ-E730 definitely beats my phone in terms of sound quality right out of the headphone jack, but I'm pretty confident it's otherwise tied with my FiiO BTR5 that I use for listening to music on my phone.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Took about 12 hours to burn all of those, but it's all done now. Got a few more digital only albums I own that I want to slap on some more discs, but so far so good.
View attachment 369246

The MZ-E730 definitely beats my phone in terms of sound quality right out of the headphone jack, but I'm pretty confident it's otherwise tied with my FiiO BTR5 that I use for listening to music on my phone.
Wow that's quite alot going on. :D

Reactions: AncientBoi

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A bit of a different one for you folks but I have a bike saddle coming tomorrow! Been getting into the habit of having a daily ride with Zwift while I play a game of Mario Party. Been a good time so far, but my old saddle is destroying me.

Hoping this one is a bit better. Really I think I just needed something a bit wider since I’ve been sat upright.

IMG_1246.jpeg

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum