Gaming Thoughts on fee for Wii VC -> Wii U VC

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a Wii U yet so can someone tell me: Did they ditch the Wii Points system?

It's so annoying having to buy points in specific blocks...I have 200 Wii points just sitting there and that's not enought to buy anything. I was thinking how ridiculous this would be with 30 cent games.

So do you just enter your credit card info and get a 30 cents charge for the sale games or a dollar charge for VC upgrades or do you have to buy $10 worth of points to make these purchases?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a Wii U yet so can someone tell me: Did they ditch the Wii Points system?

It's so annoying having to buy points in specific blocks...I have 200 Wii points just sitting there and that's not enought to buy anything. I was thinking how ridiculous this would be with 30 cent games.

So do you just enter your credit card info and get a 30 cents charge for the sale games or a dollar charge for VC upgrades or do you have to buy $10 worth of points to make these purchases?
You can do either.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
yeah i did make this mistake :

Dear Paul,
Thank you for your email regarding Club Nintendo.

The points cards purchased from Club Nintendo cannot be used on the Nintendo Wii U or the Nintendo3DS, this is due to the consoles not using points and using real currency to purchase games.

Please note that the item description in Club Nintendo does state that these codes cannot be used with the Wii U or 3DS.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused by this and if you have any other queries please do not hesitate to contact our support team and we will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Nintendo UK
Shit that you can type in your codes from purchase on a wiiu or 3ds and they allow you to purchase things usable only on the wii . and no they dont do refunds i asked that too..

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh well, that's cool. I am glad they ditched the stupid points system regardless even if my 200 Wii points sit their forever unused.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably PS1 and PS2 classics will work on PS4.
It will be needed to create these emulators from ground zero, it may take time,
but probably, it will be free.

Older games wii be available via the PSN, but not in physical form, so you're right on that count; ten points to Gryffindor!
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...atible-old-games-available-through-cloud.aspx

But, games will not be transferable, which means that *gasp* you'll have to repurchase them!

Wii U uses the same damn architecture as Wii,
there is no excuse for charging for these features,
even more considering they should already be available on Wii.

Because the Wii Virtual Console allowed users to mess with fully customized controls and could let you use multiple save state slots to play at a later time...oh wait.

You're just butt-hurt because Nintendo kept backwards compatibility and your almighty god Sony did. You know you shouldn't have dropped that bar of soap in the shower last night

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I got my Wii U yesterday!:toot:

I am wondering now, do I have to do the Wii->Wii U transfer of my VC titles in order to get the upgrade price when Wii U Virtual Console launches? Will I be elligible for the reduced price just based on shop history? I guess it's just based on history and your original Wii VC remains as is.

I haven't done the transfer yet and was thinking of skipping it because I heard it's annoying process that takes too long. I also have a NAND backup on my wii but have never done a restore and have some trouble transferring a few titles with wads. Also will protected game saves be left behind or get transferred? Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, Smash Bros. I am not planning on hacking my vWii for now because I like having a warranty.

EDIT: Well crap, I found the info and it says you have to do the transfer to get the upgrade price. I would think the Wii versions would still sit on your vWii.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think they do... i think you lose all wii access to them be it wii or vwii..

I hope not, that would be pretty lame. I have seen it reported that the game saves will not transfer to the Wii U versions but I don't see any reason for them to delete your games that you already paid for on vWii.

I did do the transfer and was able to use bootmii to restore my nand and restore my games to my old wii. It was weird however that bootmii told me my backup was from a different wii when I restored it (and I had to use KONAMI to do it). I was also told that if I access the shop channel on my wii again after doing this that the DRM will kick in and disable my games.

DiscostewSM

OP
Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
It will not delete them from the vWii, as it is not an actual upgrade. It will be a complete purchase at a fraction of the cost. Stuff in Wii mode is tied to it, but Nintendo has their servers configured to match the vWii signature with the Wii U's signature for the same device, and then they grant you the offer at a discount for the Wii U version. Of course the only way to take up the deal is if the Wii U's vWii has the games on it. You can't get the deal if the games are tied to a regular Wii, but then again, once you have the Wii U version, the Wii versions are not necessary.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will not delete them from the vWii, as it is not an actual upgrade. It will be a complete purchase at a fraction of the cost. Stuff in Wii mode is tied to it, but Nintendo has their servers configured to match the vWii signature with the Wii U's signature for the same device, and then they grant you the offer at a discount for the Wii U version. Of course the only way to take up the deal is if the Wii U's vWii has the games on it. You can't get the deal if the games are tied to a regular Wii, but then again, once you have the Wii U version, the Wii versions are not necessary.

What your saying sounds right to me but I have to ask if this is just your speculation or if you have any type of confirmation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu