Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Hum... Can we expect a FF VII on DS ?
It would be easier for Square(-Enix) to port it to the PSP afaik, considering how the PSP's architecture is somewhat similar to the PSX's. The GBA's graphics accelerator is essentially a souped up version of the one found in the SNES, and as a result SNES ports (including the FF ports we've been receiving lately) are very viable.

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PSP is powerful enough that if they brought it to PSP it would almost definitely be a remake rather than a port. If they are going to do a remake anyway, it would be considerably more profitable on DS, due to a combination of lower development costs, the widespread populatrity of the DS, and perhaps even the possibility of using a modified FFIII engine.

edit: Also, touchscreen functionality would be useful for the ATB system, slightly more realtime. I don't know how FFIII uses the touch screen, as I haven't played it, but this would work well in FFVII for sure.

shado blackstar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FFIII used it exactly how you'd want FFVII to, more or less.

And this? Is not a 128Mbit game. If it is, you can play through the intro without a scratch after cutting off the tail end of the game.

senshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
FF VII on the DS is only possible on more then one cadridge and a ram modul with which you can save the game when its time to switch moduls.......

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@senshi it was only the FMV that bumped it up to however many discs it is (try switching a disc halfway through and you will just get another areas FMV).

As for the actual release I bothered to play it for a little while and was fairly impressed, guess it remains to see how well they do the localisation.

Excelerate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just can't shake the feeling that this game is sluggish in battles... The Magitek armors walk slowly up to enemies to shoot their beams, Missile takes way too long to get to an enemy, and entering a menu while the first boss is pulling back it's head (yet strangely, not when it's coming out) makes the battle lag beyond comprehension.

I sincerely hope that the game gets polished from this first botched attempt when they re-release it in North America, or I might just never buy this game (I bought FFVA and am still waiting on if they'll re-release FFIVA with bugfixes in NA)

Also: the slowdown isn't exclusively in Narshe. I'm just stating what happens in the first five minutes of play. One hour in, the game is still feeling sluggish)

Chrono1102

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nobody else notices the sort of washed out colors for the Main Map? The really bad looking Battle Screens? The dull looking menu screen? Compared to games as IV Advance and V Advance, VI seems really down scale. Like it might have been *GASP* rushed.

Yes, I have played SNES III and I do know that the battle screens look exactly the same. But in V SNES to V GBA it seems that the colors are more vibrant and alive. VI Advance seems all washed out and ugly compared to the last two advance remakes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: