Hacking Trails/Kiseki modding

geofrontlite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try round tripping (without making any modifications).

If round tripping causes transparent, it is not an issue with your tool and more likely an issue with itpcnv.

Round-tripping doesn't cause any issues. It appears normally in-game.

Edit: Converting an ITP to BMP or PNG and then putting it into GIMP and immediately overwriting the image (with no changes) and converting back to ITP also causes the image to appear completely transparent in-game.

Edit 2: I guess I should be asking what the process is to convert an ITP to BMP (or PNG, ideally), edit it, and convert back to ITP without breaking the file.

Last edited by geofrontlite,

nickp32

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone here have experience with Nayuta? I downloaded the Nayuta Tools folder that Flame posted in Heroes of Legend. I get to the second part of the first step as described in the readme.txt file, the part where you run setup.py, but nothing happens when I do that. I checked what was happening in IDLE, and it gave me this error:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "H:\Nick\Documents\Nayuta\Nayuta Tool\setup.py", line 72, in <module>
    shutil.copy(r'EBOOT\NPJH50625.BIN', r'EBOOT\EBOOT.BIN')
  File "C:\Program Files\Python38\lib\shutil.py", line 415, in copy
    copyfile(src, dst, follow_symlinks=follow_symlinks)
  File "C:\Program Files\Python38\lib\shutil.py", line 261, in copyfile
    with open(src, 'rb') as fsrc, open(dst, 'wb') as fdst:
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'EBOOT\\NPJH50625.BIN'

I guess it's expecting this NPJH50625.BIN file in the EBOOT folder, but where do you even get this file from?

EDIT: Figured it out. If anyone has the same issue, it's because the EBOOT.BIN file is already not encrypted. I just opened up setup.py in IDLE and commented out the EBOOT section.

EDIT again: It would be really nice if someone with Python experience could go through these tools again. Just about all of them are broken. It is difficult for someone new like me to jump in and edit text if you can't even rebuild the game.

Last edited by nickp32,

chocofenix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I dont know if my Google-fu is off but tried searching a lot!

is there a patch (xdelta etc) for PSP version of Zero? Managed to do Ao but cant find one for Zero :(

thanks as always

DJSCias

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Just throw in special k. Even better get this preconfigured version: LINK SNIP BECAUSE NEW ACCOUNT , extract my.mods to your Documents folder, the AnKPCTextureModv2.7.rar to your game directory.

Then use Special K's config menu (hit ctrl+shift+backspace) or edit the d3d9.ini and change the below to these values:

[Window.System]
Borderless=true
Fullscreen=true
lol i meant the exe itself somehow, but

is perfect for that, thanks. i already use that mod anyway, didnt know how specialk worked though. ive always disliked borderless gaming, been nothing but janky for me, and im certainly not technologically inept.

Hello there,

I'm sorry for resurrecting this, but I'm going to start to look into Azure soon as I'm about done with Zero.
However I've noticed that today this link doesn't seem to work.

Does anyone by any chance have a local backup they could upload somewhere of AnKPCTextureModv2.7.rar?

Thank you kindly and kind regards,
DJScias

uyjulian

Homebrewer
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States

DJSCias

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
LINK SNIP, NEW ACCOUNT
Hello there,

This was very helpful, however after about 10.6 MB of the full 53.2 MB the download stops and stays at 0 B/s until eventually failing with a "network issue" error.. Which I'm gonna guess means wayback wasn't able to cache all parts of the download.

Is there any other way still you reckon?

Kind regards,
DJScias

uyjulian

Homebrewer
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello there,

This was very helpful, however after about 10.6 MB of the full 53.2 MB the download stops and stays at 0 B/s until eventually failing with a "network issue" error.. Which I'm gonna guess means wayback wasn't able to cache all parts of the download.

Is there any other way still you reckon?

Kind regards,
DJScias
It will take a while, but it works, just be patient

Continue the download if you have issues

gbatempfan1

Trophies
XP
Country
Just wayback issues, I needed aria2c to download it.
aria2c --max-connection-per-server=10 --min-split-size=1M --max-tries=0 --connect-timeout=180 --timeout=180 https://theurl.com/
The max-tries=0 is for infinite tries. Still took quite a while. Maybe this will help somebody else who has wayback issues.

Here is a mirror https://files.catbox.moe/6dngyq.rar

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
    Sheeba- @ Sheeba-: I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro