• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

‘Transgender’ Could Be Defined Out of Existence Under Trump Administration

supersonicwaffle

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
2. I am gay or trans or non-binary or whatever

What if you were a pedophile? Is that something that can be helped? Does that make it ok if you have no control over it?

Ah yes. Because a 30 or so something man wanting to take his dick out and fuck a 5 year old is totally comparable to someone being stuck in the wrong body.

Yep. Totally comparable.

Are you saying gay people are stuck in the wrong body? How bigoted!

See, this is what it looks like to intentionally miss the point. I want to give you the benefit of the doubt but maybe you should try harder.

He was giving an extreme example to ask a christian person to what extent god forgives people for actions they have no control over even if it's a sin or, in the case of a pedophile, abuse.

Last edited by supersonicwaffle,

Kingy

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This whole situation perfectly explains how people will try their hardest to make Trump seem like some evil rights-hating monster for something that is completely fine. It's actually quite funny.

"What? He defines sex as something defined from your biology??? What a racist sexist bigot!!!!!"

Attacker3

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The facts: we know almost nothing definitive about gender

The spin: we do

The bad actors: profess we do with bad science and outright lies

The strategy: claim and profess agenda with authority until the other side is quiet

The result: the appearance of unanimity in facts despite lack of facts

This thread: endless stating useless information with no real dialogue. Both sides shouting but almost no one listening or intending to listen - with only a thin veneer of understanding.

The bigger picture: this may be seen as a microcosm of politics in every sphere, not just today, but throughout history.

The radical centrist appears.

Last edited by Attacker3,

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This whole situation perfectly explains how people will try their hardest to make Trump seem like some evil rights-hating monster for something that is completely fine. It's actually quite funny.

"What? He defines sex as something defined from your biology??? What a racist sexist bigot!!!!!"
The term is transGENDER not transSEX and biologically these people are mentally the gender than they identify as. He is *incorrectly* labeling their gender based off of biology because a trans woman has a womans brain biologically.

Kingy

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The term is transGENDER not transSEX and biologically these people are mentally the gender than they identify as. He is *incorrectly* labeling their gender based off of biology because a trans woman has a womans brain biologically.
No, he's correctly labeling sex based off biology. Nothing about gender, although gender is a massive part of sex. For some reason, people like to get "sex", "gender" (which is the mental and physilogical of sex), and "gender identity" mixed up.

Last edited by Kingy,
Reactions: DarthDub

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, he's correctly labeling sex based off biology. Nothing about gender, although gender is a massive part of sex.
Except his administration is claiming that biologically these people are born as one gender and need to be identified that way, ignoring the fact that there are biological similarities with the gender they identify as. He is ignoring facts that go against his agenda.

Kingy

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Except his administration is claiming that biologically these people are born as one gender and need to be identified that way, ignoring the fact that there are biological similarities with the gender they identify as. He is ignoring facts that go against his agenda.
If you actually read it and searched into it, he clearly talks about the definition of sex. Sex isn't gender identity.

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why is this topic even on a "Video Game" forum? I'm sure there are a lot of other places that you can spew this SJW garbage at.......

Attacker3

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
why is this topic even on a "Video Game" forum? I'm sure there are a lot of other places that you can spew this SJW garbage at.......
Because this is the politics section. If you don't like it, go somewhere else. At least we're not like other video game forums that have a massive political bias in favor of the left. In this we actually have people debating and the mods staying away.

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you actually read it and searched into it, he clearly talks about the definition of sex. Sex isn't gender identity.
I read it, he talks about biology but only mentions the stuff that fits with his agenda. He never mentions the biological differences that link trans people to the gender they identify as. Ignoring facts that arent part of his narrative. I'm talking physical observable differences in the brains biology.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Because this is the politics section. If you don't like it, go somewhere else. At least we're not like other video game forums that have a massive political bias in favor of the left. In this we actually have people debating and the mods staying away.

We're always here. Always watching.

Kingy

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I read it, he talks about biology but only mentions the stuff that fits with his agenda. He never mentions the biological differences that link trans people to the gender they identify as. Ignoring facts that arent part of his narrative. I'm talking physical observable differences in the brains biology.
Yes, it's called gender identity disorder/gender dysphoria. Just because you have a mental condition doesn't change your sex. Your sex is 100% biological and will stick with you, and your genitals are proof of your sex.

Last edited by Kingy,

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it's called gender identity disorder/gender dysphoria. Just because you have a mental condition doesn't change your sex. Your sex is 100% biological and will stick with you, and your genitals are proof of your sex.
You arent listening to me. I'm talking about biologically. There is a biological difference in the physical brain between a transgender person born male and a non trans male. But he is fine with ignoring that biological difference cause it doesnt hell him.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

it keeps showing up on the front page.....
Then ignore it? Xbox one stuff shows up, I dont have an xbox one, I dont go there and complain.

Reactions: AmandaRose

Kingy

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is a biological difference in the physical brain between a transgender person born male and a non trans male.
Yes, the chemistry between the normal and the gender dysphoric brain is different, I never denied that. That's why I said it was a mental condition.

But he is fine with ignoring that biological difference cause it doesnt hell him.
He's not ignoring it. He's talking about sex, NOT gender identity.

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the chemistry between the normal and the gender dysphoric brain is different, I never denied that. That's why I said it was a mental condition.

He's not ignoring it. He's talking about sex, NOT gender identity.
If sex is defined by physical differences between the sexes, then it would follow you have to also look at the fact a trans woman has a physically female brain, but he doesnt.

Kingy

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If sex is defined by physical differences between the sexes, then it would follow you have to also look at the fact a trans woman has a physically female brain, but he doesnt.
Uh you do know that the mental aspect of sex is called gender, right? Gender dysphoria makes your chemistry different from those of the same sex as you, it doesn't affect your sex. You can not change your sex, and your genitals are proof of your sex. And does he have to be transgender to define sex as biological? I don't see why that matters. Anywho, his logic is correct, and people are just bending what he's actually saying to make him look evil.

Last edited by Kingy,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Absolutely love how the haters here keep saying being transgender is a mental health disorder yet the World Health Organisation and many of the worlds doctors and scientists say its not. But hey I guess its just easier for the haters to say that myself and every other transgender is mentally ill.

J-Machine

Self proclaimed Pog champion
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i think its important to have a distinction between sex and gender. mainly for medical reasons. That being said only acknowledging the biological aspect of ones identity is very wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...