Twilight Hack 0.1alpha3

Mooglebass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so Ive downloaded the genplus, put it on my sd card, it boots up fine, then when i go to load roms. It tells me cannot detect genplus/roms/ I have the folders made like the site said. What am i doing wrong?

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SkH said:
MaHe said:
SkH said:
And a MP3 Channel... or even better a Wii MoonShell!
wink.gif
And Emulators... like NES, SNES, GB, GBC, GBA!!
smile.gif

The possibilities will be so much...
wink.gif

And Wii controller support, etc. and Me too!
smile.gif
tongue.gif
Minor grammatical problems aside, I'd advise you not to get carried away -- while a lot of this stuff is indeed possible, you don't want to get disappointed if it's never made, huh?
wink.gif
Yeah... oh and yes a backup loader too... (say, when the 128GB SD Cards come out, it would be awesome though...)

I just said the possibilities.
This reminds me of several dis-jointed ideas.

If I'm not mistaken, SD cards use a serial connection to transfer data (as compared to lets say, parallel)

I don't remember his name, but I remember some dude taking a GBAmp CF and since CF cards are parallel and so are IDE hard drives, he was able to connect a IDE hard drive to his GBAmp.

So would it be possible, that for the sake of wii hombrew development/loaders (jeez am i tired about hearing about loaders) that a SD > SATA adapter would not only be possible, but could work, when/if FAT32 (or another filesystem that supports over 132GB) is supported by a homebrew program?

And a side question: How come it will only load the .elf at a certain position? Why not have a OpenFileDialog type thing?

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
imgod22222 said:
SkH said:
MaHe said:
SkH said:
wink.gif
smile.gif

wink.gif

smile.gif
tongue.gif
Minor grammatical problems aside, I'd advise you not to get carried away -- while a lot of this stuff is indeed possible, you don't want to get disappointed if it's never made, huh?
wink.gif
Yeah... oh and yes a backup loader too... (say, when the 128GB SD Cards come out, it would be awesome though...)

If I'm not mistaken, SD cards use a serial connection to transfer data (as compared to lets say, parallel)

I don't remember his name, but I remember some dude taking a GBAmp CF and since CF cards are parallel and so are IDE hard drives, he was able to connect a IDE hard drive to his GBAmp.

So would it be possible, that for the sake of wii hombrew development/loaders (jeez am i tired about hearing about loaders) that a SD > SATA adapter would not only be possible, but could work, when/if FAT32 (or another filesystem that supports over 132GB) is supported by a homebrew program?

And a side question: How come it will only load the .elf at a certain position? Why not have a OpenFileDialog type thing?

http://www.natrium42.com/blog/?p=39

Fusion

On/Off GBA-Temp'er
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Fusion said:
Yeah have a go out the SNES one if you like, or try another emu source like finalburn,gens (to add sega cd support), mame, neogeo mvs
smile.gif

Lots to do when its ready
biggrin.gif

PS; Maybe one can rip an neogeo mvs from the metal slug game on wii kinda like those gcube n64 & gba emus. here is a listing of the files structure...

I tryed to boot the emu.dol renamed to boot.elf but it does nothing via this exploit so who knows it might not be valid or it could be encypted, also tryed the ms5.dol renamed again but still nothing.

If someone wants these 2 files PM & i'll have them out to you.
smile.gif

Maybe we can do something from this also so might try all our options.
tongue.gif

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm pretty n00b at this...

Just wondering actually...when I use the ELF Writer, it doesn't write any files to the SD Card...

I just use the standard command "writeelf F: boot.elf" but for some reason it doesn't output anything...anyone else have this issue?

lemonadess

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
FAT_ReadFile(boot.elf) failed with error -1
## No elf image at address 90100000
DOL image detected?
loading binary file...
Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Please show me the details of fixing this problem.
Can you post some pics about fixing this.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
offtopic84 said:
imgod22222 said:
SkH said:
MaHe said:
SkH said:
wink.gif
smile.gif

wink.gif

smile.gif
tongue.gif
wink.gif

http://www.natrium42.com/blog/?p=39
Okay, it was natrium42 who did it, but I'm asking if based off that concept, it's possible to make a SD > SATA so you can plug in a SATA hard drive into the wii's SD port?

Using information of pinouts from these two sites:
http://www.technick.net/public/code/cp_dpa...=pinconhdd_sata
http://pinouts.ru/Memory/sdcard_pinout.shtml

I think it would be possible to do SD > SATA easily by using its slower SPI mode [if the wii allows it], using the SD's 7th pin having two wires leading from it, both having a diode, one facing one way(blocking negative charge), one the other (blocking positive charge), the first to SATA pin 6, the second to SATA Pin 5. While the same diode thing would work for SD pin 2 to SATA pins 2 and 3. With the possibility of having SD pin 1 [assuming its the sensing pin, to detect if there's something plugged in] connect to one of the SATA's grounds. Then power the SATA drive through its molex connectors, getting the molex's 5v from USB, and the molex's 12V from whatever (probably 120v house plug and a step-down transformer to 12v, so you can get a 3 prong plug and use the ground for the SATA's ground cables)

I've never made my own schematic before, but this sounds right to me. Thoughts from anyone experienced?

I think this demonstrates my ideas:

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I converted MCbackup.dol to elf, renamed it to boot.elf and copy it to SDcard without any memory address target. (the SD card is full, maybe it need to be more than 90100000).

It load the boot.elf correctly, run the menu of MCbackup but the Wii just freeze with the bluelight always on.
The GC controler doesn't respond, reset doesn't work neither Wiimote off button. I need to hard reboot the Wii.

To bad, I wanted to know if the front SD reader was recognized as SlotA as SDGecko did. (if it did, I think we could have saved GC saves from SlotB to front SD)

James B.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the topic of the sata hard drive - could it be possible, without a hardrive, to use certain, more "heavily scrubbed" games that take out the waste data instead of replacing it? A lot of scrubbed games are less than 2 GB anyway...

Fusion

On/Off GBA-Temp'er
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
yaoluislg @ Mar 15 200788 said:
Um try converting it to elf with the the dol to elf converter.

Since you have not gotten around to the dol files yet i will post 'em up for all
smile.gif

we need this done quick stat.
biggrin.gif

________

Can someone give a go at trying to run either of these 2 DOL Files

Please post results + or -

smile.gif

Wiilly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Logan_ said:
Inside the zip archive, you will find several savegame files; you will need to choose the correct one based on your version of Zelda: Twilight Princess. The easiest way to check your version is to compare the text string which is on the inner cycle of the data surface with the ones below.

* RVL-RZDP-0A-0 JPN - rzdp0.bin
* RVL-RZDE-0A-0 JPN - rzde0.bin
* RVL-RZDE-0A-0 USA - rzde0.bin
* RVL-RZDE-0A-2 USA - rzde2.bin
* RVL-RZDJ-0A-0 JPN - rzdj0.bin

What about PAL ?

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wiilly said:
Logan_ said:
Inside the zip archive, you will find several savegame files; you will need to choose the correct one based on your version of Zelda: Twilight Princess. The easiest way to check your version is to compare the text string which is on the inner cycle of the data surface with the ones below.

* RVL-RZDP-0A-0 JPN - rzdp0.bin
* RVL-RZDE-0A-0 JPN - rzde0.bin
* RVL-RZDE-0A-0 USA - rzde0.bin
* RVL-RZDE-0A-2 USA - rzde2.bin
* RVL-RZDJ-0A-0 JPN - rzdj0.bin

What about PAL ?
European versions have the RVL-RZDP-0A-0 JPN serial (at least mine does).

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
SkH said:
stingfist said:
SkH said:
MaHe said:
SkH said:
wink.gif
smile.gif

wink.gif

smile.gif
tongue.gif
wink.gif

What about the usb ports? In wii mode the usb ports are recognized, so when the library is made, maybe when its advanced enough, it might give us the option for Mass Storage via USB
wink.gif
Oh, really!!!
ohmy.gif
Imagine a 1 TB HDD eith Full Wii games!!!
ohmy.gif
Well not the part i like the most.

The best part would be that games loaded through HDD would load extremely fast becurse of HDD being faster than DVD´s.
And our lasers dont die too
wink.gif

But i dont think we would get a Wii HDD Loader before a long time has gone.

This means dont doom modchips jet becurse a iso loader may be years and years ahead.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is probably why Nintendo haven't just released support for third-party HDD. It would increase the ease of piracy by quite a lot.
Nintendo, hurry up and allow HDDs!!!

This is awesome. So far, I can't see anything that would warrant me spending an hour moving files and stuff just to do this hack though. I'll wait until something useful comes out like a SNES emulator.

And btw, is it possible for Nintendo to block this permanently? If so, what'll be done about it?

Nottulys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn so we need a USB Gecko? I seen a video of someone loading the Hack from the SlotA (SDcard), then load ROMs off of a DVD...I dont know how much credibility that had, but I have no clue on this GC Homebrew as of yet....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, Yes. +1