Hacking Discussion TX licence data

Lordmau5

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
From what I know, LayeredFS is, simply put, a middleware.

By default, the game is trying to access it's assets in the normal directory - be it the Switch's internal storage / SD card (eShop game) or the game cart.

Now, LayeredFS steps inbetween and technically just goes "Hey, you know, I have a waaaaaay better place for you to get your files. Care to follow me?"

Being able to load completely different games altogether was never intended to be done through LayeredFS though.
The tools that we have available to automate this procedure make it very easy for the end-user, yes.

If you were to do it manually, you'd need to do some hex editing on a few files.
Going by your posts in this thread, @Zumoly , I highly doubt you'd be able to do that.

Reactions: Zumoly

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
Appreciate the layman explanation here!
But you know knowledge is universal and easily shared. When there is a will, there is a way.

From what I know, LayeredFS is, simply put, a middleware.

By default, the game is trying to access it's assets in the normal directory - be it the Switch's internal storage / SD card (eShop game) or the game cart.

Now, LayeredFS steps inbetween and technically just goes "Hey, you know, I have a waaaaaay better place for you to get your files. Care to follow me?"

Being able to load completely different games altogether was never intended to be done through LayeredFS though.
The tools that we have available to automate this procedure make it very easy for the end-user, yes.

If you were to do it manually, you'd need to do some hex editing on a few files.
Going by your posts in this thread, @Zumoly , I highly doubt you'd be able to do that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Let's add to the fun shall we?
"I am deleton...here to delete trolls and shitted posts"

OP you made my day this thread is ridiculous :D

realjumy

Woooosh!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
it needs to be different for everyone. Also the master keys are way too long to be a feasable license key. License keys serve the purpose of making sure you didn't steal their software.
This is what I understand from the code in their website: the dongle y take at least one of your unique console keys, does some kind of processing and saves it in a file. That and a 8 characters long alphanumeric code (that is what you buy, and works as a purchase verification) are submitted in the web form. Then you receive in return a file which will be used by their loader. Since then, the console is subscribed, in the same way you register in a forum.

https://pastebin.com/B05H60Ld

Last edited by realjumy,
Reactions: Zumoly

Lordmau5

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is what I understand from the code in their website: they take one of the console keys, and that and a 8 characters long alphanumeric code (that is what you buy, and works as a purchase verification) are submitted in the form. Then you receive in return a file which will be used by their loader. Since then, the console is subscribed, in the same way you register in a forum.

https://pastebin.com/B05H60Ld

Line 75 and 91 mention a postJSON request and in return they get some data back.
This is used to actually sign the file later on.

Reactions: realjumy

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali

Going for the small details are we @Filo97 ?
You implied that the OS itself is like impossible to hack (a la XBOX One maybe)
Yet there are people basically running backups on the latest FW. Yeah that's very very secure.:creep:

Last edited by Zumoly,

felix.200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Appreciate the layman explanation here!
But you know knowledge is universal and easily shared. When there is a will, there is a way.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Let's add to the fun shall we?
"I am deleton...here to delete trolls and shitted posts"
You are probably one of those people who believe in online gift card generators...

Reactions: TotalJustice

realjumy

Woooosh!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I guess they use the Google Maps API to protect brute-force attack in the purchase code... At the moment they are not using a API key, which can make them vulnerable if enough people starts flooding their site?

Lordmau5

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Going for the small details are we?
You implied that the OS itself is like impossible to hack (a la XBOX One maybe)
Yet there are people basically running backups on the latest FW. Yeah that's very very secure.:creep:

Just because we're able to run backups on the latest FW doesn't make the system any less secure.

As I've mentioned in the post where I explained how LayeredFS works, we're basically just abusing a loophole in it.

I guess the actual secure part of this will kick in once we're seeing the first banwave of people :P

realjumy

Woooosh!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just because we're able to run backups on the latest FW doesn't make the system any less secure.

As I've mentioned in the post where I explained how LayeredFS works, we're basically just abusing a loophole in it.

I guess the actual secure part of this will kick in once we're seeing the first banwave of people :P
Bans are not immediate, they are always in waves. A new one is coming pretty soon.

Reactions: Lordmau5

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: m