Hacking TX SX Faq #2 (Homebrew on all firmware Support and Payload Loading from SD Card!!!

Lallo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Currently there's no way to get access to game updates from another source, only from Nintendo servers
But this problem will arise with atmosphere as well?

Isn't the TX OS installed and run every time you boot? Or is it installed to the switch permanently? Cause if it' n then it won' b detected?

If TX solves that you can play any game regardless of the ofw version then you won' h to connect to internet.

softwareengineer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It might be a while before somebody forks Atmosphere and adds backup loading
Let me quote this post for archival purposes. You say a while, I say SAME DAY! :D (Or at most a week)
How much do you wanna bet same day, right away? Let's see any backup loading method counts, sdcard, wifi, usb drive, etc!

It's more of a license key than a DRM. But people mistakes DRM for something else today.
Nope it's drm. It's an activation check that will have to be patched out to return true always for 'Is activation successful?', just like they patched nintendos firmware to return true always for 'Is this signature valid?'

It very likely that there will be cheap Chinese knockoffs incoming
Sure probably, but my point was there's no need. It's just sending a payload over usb, there's so many little devices that can do that it's not even funny!

Anyway to your further post, look just because there's people currently tolerating abuses of large companies, doesn't mean we should continue to in the future going forward. Now more than ever yes free and open source software is what we need to combat such violations! Before they've shown their true colors and have revealed their intentions to us it was fine because they weren't stepping over the line and we could see they weren't, but now that they are slowly (you seem to be a frog boiling slowly, jump out now before you're toast!) don't fail to recognize it, acknowledge it and resist it anyway you can! If that means giving up some inconvenienced in the mean time, realize how inconvenienced you'll be when the offending company has gotten everything out of you, and given you nothing in return! MSFT trying to spy on you and force you to use anti-features, don't use win10. Get linux! Google spying on you? Try to de-google your phone or limit your usage of gapps whatever you gotta do!

And lastly if someone did that, then their reputation would be ruined okay and it would be swiftly resolved so they wouldn't have had a chance to hurt that many people anyway, so not only would they have besmirched themselves whatever they thought they were gaining out of it would be nothing anyway! And that's the thing about transparency with free software compare to closed, say the binary was malicious but the code wasn't someone could compile it and see hey this isn't the same or there's something different going on. It's easily spotted because of the transparency so doing that is just stupid for anyone that would try that, it'd be like putting a spotlight on it and then their cred isn't worth shit! Closed source on the other hand, you don't even have the source code to compare it to, or know what's supposed to be contained within it in the first place so that's where it's easiest to put malicious crap in! So yea closed source sucks, and you're doing nothing but emboldening me even more that it's the way forward! Why would you want to depend on one company or group that you can't be sure you can trust (they can go pull an msft at anytime) to use their software that they aren't even transparent with you about (and only 1 company or group can only do so much)... When instead you could depend on the entire global community that's testing and running and fixing and patching and improving continually onward our software that we give to everyone and that everyone that improves it gives back to us, we outnumber them by millions to one if only we we're convinced to work on free software instead of closed software for these companies just so they can continue to exploit people!

So I say yep enough is enough, we're turning a new leaf, we're flipping the script! The world could use a little more freedom and openness and we're making it happen!

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've read a lot about tribalism and virtue signalling lately but this forum is the first time I've experienced it first hand.

It's pretty fascinating how people can argue at length about things they barely understand or even have any evidence of.

I'm looking forward to messing about with the TX dongle, the internal soldered modchip, and Atmosphere (not sure why some people think you can only choose one and have to swear allegiance to it).

ShroomKing

Somebody
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But what about downloading firmware updates on game cartridge and update via that way or to somehow update without connecting to Nintendo official servers?
Currently there's no way to get access to game updates from another source, only from Nintendo servers
that's not true, you forgot that cartridges/cartridge rips come with updates on them, that let you update to a certain firmware without having access to nintendo servers.
Through TX OS you could mount cartridge rips and update that way without having to update to the latest firmware, (I'm sure that's what @Lallo meant)

jakkal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's not true, you forgot that cartridges/cartridge rips come with updates on them, that let you update to a certain firmware without having access to nintendo servers.
Through TX OS you could mount cartridge rips and update that way without having to update to the latest firmware, (I'm sure that's what @Lallo meant)
I'm talking about game updates not system updates

ShroomKing

Somebody
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
o

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

my bad

but the person you replied to wasn't :lol:

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wow there lots of bs in here!!! I am happier I preordered now as well because of the new info. The more info the give out the more preorders they will get, and then all these people that haven’t preordered will suddenly want one and will be moaning because they are sold out.

Emunand means absolutely fu*k all to me, it’s just a waste of space on your sd card. Only time I ever used one was on 3ds because it was necessary with gateway. Other than that it’s just pointless.

Oh and just in case, I’m not a TX plant either......

Lallo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This was exactly what I meant! Thnx for this! So this upgrade can be done offline if I buy a cartridge today with a firmware update?

jakkal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
o

my bad

but the person you replied to wasn't :lol:
I just saw that too lol
I mean if you're banned all you have to do is load an xci that has the update and update like that.

Lallo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just saw that too lol
I mean if you're banned all you have to do is load an xci that has the update and update like that.

I mean game updates can't be that important right?
I'm excited to buy a TX chip but I'll wait a few extra days to see what more information will be released

Rai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo can scan cards without us being able to know they've done it, can't they? I mean, how would we find out?

They could, but it's still a massive risk for them to do something illegal. If they spied on your data and somebody leaked this it would be a massive PR disaster.

jakkal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean game updates can't be that important right?
I'm excited to buy a TX chip but I'll wait a few extra days to see what more information will be released
Game updates fixes bugs, framerate issues, resolution issues, and add new features and stuff

Game updates are really important too in the long run

Lallo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Game updates fixes bugs, framerate issues, resolution issues, and add new features and stuff

Game updates are really important too in the long run
I guess that is just the price you have to pay if you want to run backups since if SX OS will be detectable, atmosphere and any other open source cfw also will be

jakkal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't remember off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are games that have a mandatory download to play them. With cartridge size restrictions this could easily become a common thing.
Nope. Those updates are for things like multiplayer mode. Like doom the entire single player mode is on the cart, and the multiplayer has to be downloaded on the SD card. The cart is completely playable offline without updates

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downloaded .cias do not include headers. People playing with .cia games were mostly only banned for doing stupid sh*t like going online with some new Pokemon game two weeks before release.
Cartridge backups / .3ds roms do indeed include headers though and people were definitely banned for playing online with those on Gateway/Sky and the likes that had headers that were used by thousands of people.
The .cxi cartridge backups include headers as well. I would stay the hell away from going online while being in SX OS altogether.

Agree 100% with this. Any online .3DS games I have I made sure to re-write the header with my own from a different 3DS cart to avoid being detected in the "community header" bans. Hopefully there's something similar we can do with the Switch .XCI files, if each cart is also given a unique header/certificate like in the .3DS files as you mention.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, burp +1