Hacking TX SX Faq #2 (Homebrew on all firmware Support and Payload Loading from SD Card!!!

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think lower FWs have a higher probability of having new exploits found that could potentially lead to a no payload injector solution. If they had emuNAND it would be a no brainer, they don't though. Even though we know it should be in their realm of capability it's not going to be a launch feature?

They need to focus on their time to market, emunand will take an amount of time to develop. If they can ship without it then they might sell some, if they sit around for a year trying to make a perfect product first then they sell none. Obviously if someone else releases source for emunand then it will get incorporated into SX OS.

Dude it's software, they're not going to run out of megabytes.

I have literally no idea what your point is.

with entirely unnecessary DRM

You seem upset that you can't pirate SX OS. Maybe you should tell Nintendo that you pinky swear you won't pirate their games if they remove their entirely unnecessary DRM?

Last edited by smf,
Reactions: Deleted User

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Here is some really user centric, responsible behavior they could engage in. Dont sell drmed hacking software. Dont modify users system partitions so they get banned. Dont tell users to go online and update through Nintendos channels, while telling them "works on all firmware versions". Because after the first response Nintendo makes, this is a marketing lie as well.

What did you do on that front?

You know, the stuff that didn't only require writing two lines of code to rip off the work of others?

Which then becomes the first bullet point in a freaking "social responsibility" marketing campaign.

Last edited by notimp,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
It is the part where they said previously the license is tied to your dongle and console in the case of the pro.

That makes it sound like the dongle is one per license as well. They went out of their way to specify that was the case and that with the Lite it would only be tied to your console.

So it was contradictory, or at least a bit confusing / oddly worded as I said. I definitely wasn't the only person that interpreted it that way from what I have read.
Did they say that? Never read the first FAQ.. My understanding has always been the OS is separate from the dongle. Which is why they're selling it as a separate option.

tinkle

taciturn shill girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also - people please don't go by likes on arguments, go by actual arguments - because they have their PR accounts roaming in here as well.--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------
Oh damn. You caught me out.

softwareengineer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Guys!!! Did no one pay attention to this? Thanks SirBeethoven for the nfo!

The Atmosphere Is Coming Here! So you can take off that space suit, and breathe easy, the O2 of our newly terra-formed environment breezy! What you thought we were in retirement? No just the bugs haven't been fully ironed yet! But they're being squashed now like POW! Holy cow, look at us now! :D

Samus20XX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And how I'm supposed to play new games like odyssey??
...what? isnt that like, something you should have asked yourself months ago? e.o either update now or wait for emunand

also

• "Q: Does SX OS support Emunand?
    A:
    Currently it doesn't. This is a feature we can add in the future, but it is low in the priority list because of the small interest to the general public. But because Xecuter SX is also used by advanced user, we will add Emunand support at some point. "

Translation: when SciresM finishes coding it. Loading homebrew through photo album seems pretty sus to me. Sounds like stolen code/ideas.

All this is pretty sick none the less. Wonder if it'll release before the 15th or exactly on it.

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
And how I'm supposed to play new games like odyssey??
Well you've waited this long to play one of the greatest games ever made, what's a little bit longer? SXOS won't be the only option going forward. For me I think it's crazy not updating to play the games I purchased the console for.

Reactions: Samus20XX

Jaimy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disappointed that it doesn't let you dump your own games at launch. At this point I have every game I want (except DK because it's a rip-off) and just want to dump them on a single SD card.

Pahnda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does somebody know if it is sufficient to buy TX OS only? Do we need the dongle to run TX OS? Or will we be able to start TX OS without the dongle and use a pc instead?

Nincompoopdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once you go online, Nintendo will scanned your sdcard for backup files and will know immediately you are a pirate.

With SKY3DS, the sdcard is inside the cartridge, Nintendo will never find out.

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Brace yourselves, the banwaves are coming.
Banwave is like radiation. Only affects those, who afraid of it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Once you go online, Nintendo will scanned your sdcard for backup files and will know immediately you are a pirate.

With SKY3DS, the sdcard is inside the cartridge, Nintendo will never find out.
can't OS prevent this from happening?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch