Ubisoft is giving away Assassin's Creed Unity for free on PC to honor Notre Dame

assassinscreedunity.jpg

Assassin's Creed Unity, 2014's entry of the series that took place in France, is currently free to download and keep on Ubisoft's storefront. In the game, you could visit the Notre Dame de Paris, a beloved monument which tragically caught fire earlier this week. Ubisoft is giving Unity away on PC as a sign of support for the city of Paris, and is additionally donating €500,000 towards assisting in repairing and reconstructing the 856 year old building. You'll have from today until April 25th to claim a permanent copy of Assassin's Creed Unity on Uplay.

Video games can enable us to explore places in ways we never could have otherwise imagined. We hope, with this small gesture, we can provide everyone an opportunity to appreciate our virtual homage to this monumental piece of architecture.

:arrow: Source

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I never played an Assassin creed game, but I would have preferred if it was free on all plateforms, I own a PS4 and I don't play games on PC. Nothing for console players?

Reactions: depaul

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I never played an Assassin creed game, but I would have preferred if it was free on all plateforms, I own a PS4 and I don't play games on PC. Nothing for console players?
They're already giving it away for free. On psn, xbox live you have to pay a licensing fee wich is 3 to 10 dollars per sold unit while on the Uplay store they don't have to pay anything. If they would also sell it on console for free means they would lose money instead of just making no money. The reason for that is because the customer has to download it from the playstation network or xbox live network wich they charge a fee for

Reactions: Cyan

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I got the game I appreciate the offer, really.
UPlay isn't that bad, either. Also, to caim the game you don't need UPlay installed. Only to redeem it.
I have a nice library there.

I just don't like the sad face movement around the damn chapel. It's a very good example of how the church got that rich and powerful. It burned. Build another one, dammit! The church is loaded with money. Hypocrites trying to look good by donating absurd amounts of money for it disgust me.

The amount.of donations would help better some third world countries.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Okay fellow tempers, here's another missing info from the newz:

Ubisoft's 3D model which use in This game is the MOST ACCURATE 3D model ever made, most likely the one from Assassin's Unity could be handy to help to rebuild Notre dame ;)

Last edited by leon315,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
all historical and architectural monuments should be 3D laser'd for archival purpose.
natural cause (fire, wind, water, time) but also wars or just human's stupidity (terrorists destroying Cultural heritage in Irak/Syria, etc.) are always a possibility any days.

Last edited by Cyan,

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Fine... I guess I'll bind it to my Uplay account. I don't have enough room to install it right now, but when I do, I'll probably just download the pirated DRM-free version, for those sweet, sweet extra frames per second.

noX1609

B9S freak ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Was anyone able to claim the key or got it into his/her play account?
Tried it with different browsers and with Mac and Windows but every time I have to log me in and after the Login I only get a blank screen. There is only the Text : "Erhalte deine Gratisausgabe! (in English: Get your free copy or something very similar).
Don't know what to do in order to claim the free copy of the Game :(

EDIT: Ok never mind. After trying it for 6 times again it finally worked and the page showed me that I successfully claimed a free copy of the Game :)
Later today when I get to my pc I will see if it's really in my account and that I can download and play the game :)

Last edited by noX1609,

taxco

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
They all ready got 1 billion or more raised and news say it only the roof that got burnd.

I think this money will go to zionist israel to build the 3rd temple instead of the curch. The curch in paris should be coverd by insurance, like most monuments are.

These zionist suspected people would donate if we do this, this way they can get free temple. They are awaiting the false masih or anti crist.

Some of it is my own oppinion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPqqmCE1M1U