Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
pilotwangs said:
What,another game that doesn't work on the R4?

Im seriously thinking on getting a new flashcart...

I find this post rather amusing...
A game that has been out for quite a long time now obviously doesnt work... and you notice it now, meaning that you're not that interested in it.. and because of that you have to change flashcart?
tongue.gif

no flaming or anything.. just.. sounds funny ^^

I don't see any reason for me to change... it suits all my needs: homebrew, playing games, and has a fast and easy menu... i dont want / need anything else (oh, and the cheat thing is great for those times i wanna cheat!)

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
rjbr2000 said:
Upperleft said:
Don't expect anything from the R4 team , they're pretty much dead

R.I.P...

One of my friends bought an R4 and I asked her...why?
Because of the menu? I mean, it have the most perfect one. that Original Icon&TextBox...
yaynds.gif

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
THeLL said:
Raestloz said:
What is Acekard 2's menu design?

Ontopic please.

R4 DS isn't dead, they just don't update firmware constantly for all releases. Have patience.
Its not dead yet but its close. Due to hardware limitations, there won't be any new features and all you can ever hope for now are just compatibility fixes. So basicly what you have now, is basicly all it will ever be unless the R4 team releases a new flashcard with new hardware. So don't expect any big changes.

Goofy Time

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Narin said:
THeLL said:
Raestloz said:
What is Acekard 2's menu design?

Ontopic please.

R4 DS isn't dead, they just don't update firmware constantly for all releases. Have patience.
Its not dead yet but its close. Due to hardware limitations, there won't be any new features and all you can ever hope for now are just compatibility fixes. So basicly what you have now, is basicly all it will ever be unless the R4 team releases a new flashcard with new hardware. So don't expect any big changes.

Are people really expecting big changes?

Really, anyone expecting anything beyond compatibility fixes at this point may as well buy another card.

vivienne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Upperleft said:

Quite agree with you. I bought one without DISC.
So i need to download from the website.
It is not so convenience.

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
vivienne said:
Upperleft said:

Quite agree with you. I bought one without DISC.
So i need to download from the website.
It is not so convenience.
The disc probably would've had outdated firmware on it anyway.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Yeah, the CD contains outdated firmware, maybe it was meant as a rescue-disk in case you didn't backup your firmware. But it contains R4 Cheat Code Editor, R4 ROM Trimmer and help files, pretty much useful

But, why do you have to download from the official website? Shouldn't it be pre-loaded with the latest firmware already?

And here the thread has went far from the OP's original intention.....
smile.gif

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Raestloz said:
Yeah, the CD contains outdated firmware, maybe it was meant as a rescue-disk in case you didn't backup your firmware. But it contains R4 Cheat Code Editor, R4 ROM Trimmer and help files, pretty much useful

But, why do you have to download from the official website? Shouldn't it be pre-loaded with the latest firmware already?

And here the thread has went far from the OP's original intention.....
smile.gif

Because they can't update the CDs once they are made? When the CDs are first created, they contain the latest firmware but end up being stocked up and sit inside a warehouse for a while until they are sold, hence why they come with out dated firmware. They include the firmware for those without an active internet connection and can't download the latest version. The best option is to go to the website itself and download the latest version.

Also the R4 ROM Trimmer sucks, never use it, it can actually break some of your games and cause them to freeze or not work over WiFI, this is taken from first hand experience. Also it takes quite a while to trim the rom with it. Stick with NDSTokoyoTrim, its arguably the best NDS trimmer out there and lets you batch trim multiple games at once.

Also don't use the R4 Cheat Code Editor as well, it can actually corrupt some cheat database files and freezes quite a bit with some codes or on large cheat files. Stick with the R4CCE by Yasu instead. Its the best cheat editor for the R4 right now.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
What? So the R4CCE you people talking about was made by YASU? I thought it was the official R4CCE
blink.gif

Iwasn't pointing about the ROMTrimme, although I admit my sentence looks like it (just realized it now). I was pointing at the help files. It contains some useful helps for beginners and forgetful person

And I think I'l buy your theory of the outdated firmware. Still, wonder if they'll pack latest firmware, now that they beagn producing again (or so I heard)

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
why bother including physical media?

whoever has an R4 will have internet access (you have to download your homebrew from somewhere)

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
well in some places *cough* nds roms can be bought for P50 or about $2 and ones who buy those doesnt know about homebrew

hell i think im the only one in our school who knows the meaning of homebrew

Mr.Guy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I'm just getting pissed... at first I wanted to play the game but now... I just want to have a piece of electronic equipment to not have a compatibility issue. (Vista is a waste of time
dry.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Hot Dogs 🌭 🌭