Homebrew Update 11.8 and Homebrew

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's official, I can't CFW.. WY
Anyway, like I said before, I JUST want to make my flashcart run on my 3DS, in any way! without CFW sry

Like I said, is there ANY way to make my flashcart work WITHOUT cfw???
without a Bootloader update by the developers (which are long gone for your card) No.

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's official, I can't CFW.. WY
Anyway, like I said before, I JUST want to make my flashcart run on my 3DS, in any way! without CFW sry

Like I said, is there ANY way to make my flashcart work WITHOUT cfw???
CFW only really allows you to do other things anyway, it just opens doors. There's nothing forcing you to use it for any other purposes besides your flashcart, so even if it's just for the flashcart CFW is worth it.

Either that or buy a more up-to-date flashcart.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two other questions tho
1. Can I install legit CIA's with steelhax?
2. Will A9LH really be dangerous to install on my O3DS?

Steelhax is secondary entry point, you won't be able to get on to CFW without a primary entry point. Cia requires CFW, A9LH does have the chance of brick and it is outdated.

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two other questions tho
1. Can I install legit CIA's with steelhax?
2. Will A9LH really be dangerous to install on my O3DS?
And again, A9LH is not supported by any CFW that has support for 11.8 OFW. You will NEED B9S if you want CFW, unless you plan on developing your own.

EpikJimmer

Screw hater
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
And again, A9LH is not supported by any CFW that has support for 11.8 OFW. You will NEED B9S if you want CFW, unless you plan on developing your own.

Ummmm... I don't think I could EVER develop my own CFW unless I'm a master at computers :/
So there's NO way of UNblocking my flashcart on my 3DS without CFW, right?

KuroGentei

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
kuro.today
XP
Country
Germany

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: ConKonner

AlanMaciasz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Today i update my new 3ds from 11.7 - 11.8 with rei-six old files when the console restart every hack has erased no fbi ,no games nothing i try to use luma and no enter to recovery i try to put the new files and nothing works any ideas,i try to rehack via seedminer but when i enter to the game it says that arm9loader its installed so they avoid de install because cause brick and nothing works,when i enter to homebrew launcher via steel drivers open fbi and say no kernel backdoor please help

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Waait... OHOHOO!

*Ahems a lot*

Let's say I have a 2DS and a 3DS

I have a dsiware injection thingy game on my 2DS

Is it possible to transfer it to my 3DS?
Does the 2DS have CFW? Because if so, you can use the dsiware method to get B9S and a CFW installed to the 3DS

Reactions: NFates

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Today i update my new 3ds from 11.7 - 11.8 with rei-six old files when the console restart every hack has erased no fbi ,no games nothing i try to use luma and no enter to recovery i try to put the new files and nothing works any ideas,i try to rehack via seedminer but when i enter to the game it says that arm9loader its installed so they avoid de install because cause brick and nothing works,when i enter to homebrew launcher via steel drivers open fbi and say no kernel backdoor please help

Perhaps you had an EmuNAND. Did your console do some funny colors at startup? What happens if you boot with L pressed? Can you access Luma's configuration menu?

EpikJimmer

Screw hater
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Does the 2DS have CFW? Because if so, you can use the dsiware method to get B9S and a CFW installed to the 3DS

If the 2DS had CFW, this thread wouldn't even exist!
No I have the dumbest plan ever
So my 2DS is 11.6
And my 3DS is obviously 11.8

So? So, someone said doodlebomb works on 11.7 and below! So? SO, doodlebomb is a primary exploit, right? That way, I'll install a legit CIA of a dsiware game with FBI. Then, I will transfer that dsiware into my 3DS and then I'll install B9S with the new dsiware!!!

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the 2DS had CFW, this thread wouldn't even exist!
No I have the dumbest plan ever
So my 2DS is 11.6
And my 3DS is obviously 11.8

So? So, someone said doodlebomb works on 11.7 and below! So? SO, doodlebomb is a primary exploit, right? That way, I'll install a legit CIA of a dsiware game with FBI. Then, I will transfer that dsiware into my 3DS and then I'll install B9S with the new dsiware!!!
Unless you need to keep a stock system for whatever reason, and assuming your information is correct (I'm unfamiliar with doodleBomb), I would do that and just have 2 CFW systems. That way if one gets banned you have easy access to the other's LFCS_B (I think I spelled that right) anyway, and also you won't be limiting your flash cart to one particular system since I imagine you don't carry both on you at all times.

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I will "USE" my 2DS in order to CFW my 3DS!

It's like I'm "exploiting" my 2DS so I can CFW my 3DS!

(I originally had a 2DS but:
-The wolume slider broke
-Sleep mode switch broke
-Touch Screen was a lil' bit messed up
-The circle pad broke (kinda)

so, I bought an old 3DS)
I'm just saying the 2DS must have CFW in order to perform the DSIWare method on the 3DS. So if you do this, you will have 2 systems with CFW. But it does sound like the 2DS is not exactly usable for most gaming. Bad touch screen, no volume control, can't put it to sleep, wonky circle pad, all sounds like a bad time.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1. No, doodlebomb is not really a primary exploit. See https://mrnbayoh.github.io/doodlebomb/ .*
2. If you don't already have SwapDoodle installed, you would have to update to 11.8 in order to download it from the eShop.
3. You can't run FBI or otherwise install any CIAs with doodlebomb, or any of the other *hax expoits.

* In theory, it ought to be possible to use movable.sed to encrypt the exploited doodlebomb data and copy it to an SD card without having to run the installer from Homebrew Launcher, the same way steelminer/steelhax works. But it does not appear anyone is particularly interested in working out the details of doing that, considering steelminer/steelhax works just fine.

If there was a way of installing CFW without having to purchase a $2 DSiware game on a non-Japanese 3DS, I'm sure a lot of people would be interested and you would not have any difficulty finding appropriate instructions.

ETA: I forgot to add:

4. Titles installed through FBI or that otherwise weren't purchased through the eShop can't be system-transferred.

Last edited by Kwyjor,
Reactions: Itzumi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: stormy as hell over here