[UPDATE] Japan to get remastered version of 'Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles' for PS4 and Switch

sony tgs.JPG

The Nintendo Gamecube's action RPG Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles will be remastered for the PS4, Sony announced today during its PlayStation LineUp Tour. The remastered version will hit Japan in 2019 with a global multiplayer mode.

There was however no mention of an international release. Would you like to see this game getting localized?

[UPDATE]

While the announcement came from a Playstation event, the game wasn't necessarily destined to be a PS4-exclusive. Indeed, the official Final Fantasy twitter account tweeted the following just a few minutes ago:

Nintendo Switch owners, rejoice! Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition will also land on your device! And since the video tweeted features English subtitles and is said to still be in development, we can expect a Western localization.

:arrow: PlayStation LineUp Tour YouTube stream

Last edited by Prans,

Stash23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh snap!! Was literally thinking about this series last night and wondering what had happened to it.
To be fair, getting it remastered now is rather a good way to revive the series Crystal Chronicles.

lexarvn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is awesome! I loved playing this with my brothers as teens when it first came out, but we didn't all have enough time at the same time to get through the whole game...

Alato

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I never really had the chance to play multiplayer back in the day (since who on earth had more than one GBA-Gamecube adapter?) so I've tried emulating a multiplayer setup recently with some success.
But if this remaster can make two-player co-op enjoyable than I'll be thrilled.

Seriously, just add the flying Moogle to multiplayer and we'll be goood.

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have this game on the gamecube and have four gba to gamecube link cables and I havent played it yet because I want to play through it with friends so maybe ill ask them to play it with me soon, hopefully they still have their GBAs

Reactions: SirCorn

SirCorn

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
This is a good choice for a remaster! I think many people who missed out on the multiplayer aspects of the original release will pick this up. I hope it's a good time!

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
This is a good choice for a remaster! I think many people who missed out on the multiplayer aspects of the original release will pick this up. I hope it's a good time!
A lot of people loathed the multiplayer for a few reasons. One being that you needed a GBA and accompanying cable to play.

SirCorn

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
A lot of people loathed the multiplayer for a few reasons. One being that you needed a GBA and accompanying cable to play.
Understandably so, most people didn't have the hardware requirements to enjoy those elements. I'm hoping this remaster will find a way to implement them in a more accessible way, rather than abandon them altogether.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Understandably so, most people didn't have the hardware requirements to enjoy those elements. I'm hoping this remaster will find a way to implement them in a more accessible way, rather than abandon them altogether.
I hope so.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    hmmm 360 even lol
    Well I was getting a discount so 320 is probably right
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That is cheap, I used to pay $100 for a tine.
    Tine? One gram?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sixteenth
    Also it was literally out of a kilo when I got it off the boat so absolutely pure
    Holy shiz that's a lot
    +1
    I was getting 3.5 Grams for 320 could have stepped on it and doubled my money easy lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd be afraid to it nowdays, my heart would explode prob. I just stick beers n buds nowdays.
    I would get to drive from tarpon springs to like Miami a thousand bucks lol do that twice a week and back in 92 that was good money
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    @Psionic Roshambo what are you guys talking about?
    Blew it on women and muscle cars lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Hamster food, its pricey nowadays to keep PCs running.
    +2
    I don't do anything except cigarettes and gotta stop eventually lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd do shrooms again if could find, and I was outside camping/fishing, and had a cooler full of beer.
    +1
    I wouldn't mind some LSD, laughing until my face hurt sounds fun lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ever try soaper powder/qauludes? I did once and like a dumbass drank beer on top of taking, I woke up laying in my backyard in the pouring rain, it knocked me out. I have not seen it around in many many years.
    +1
    No never tried a lot of things but never that lol
    I did pass out one time on a floor after taking a bunch of Ambien lol thought it would help me sleep and did it lol
    Girlfriend was working at a pharmacy and stole like 500 of them, was and still is the biggest pill bottle I have ever seen lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ativan is pretty legit
    +1
    The last time I had to take something to help me sleep, I was prescribed Trazadone it was pretty OK to be honest.
    Not something I need at all these days, doing a lot better lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not something I need at all these days, doing a lot better lol