Hacking Updating Joycons

Mythical

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on the latest fw with ReiNX installed and my joycons keep getting an update prompt. Any reason I shouldn't update them?

reminon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I didn't make myself clear

question: Any reason I shouldn't update them?

long answer: no, there's no reason to not update them.
Ooooh thank you sensei for gracing us with your wisdom. Not once, or twice, but thrice.
You know. Other people are allowed to answer. I for one read your answer, and decided to comment anyway.

Reactions: lufeig

xitpu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you update joycon then you will be able to use joycon if you rollback to a previous firmware (if you can ofc)?

cihalfaon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you update joycon then you will be able to use joycon if you rollback to a previous firmware (if you can ofc)?
I updated my joycons on a friend's Switch (fully updated) and can still use them on my Switch (5.1.0).

I don't suspect it would work any differently for rollbacks.

D

Deleted User

I can confirm updated joycons (from 6.0.1 firmware) still work on older firmwares like 2.1.0 and 3.0.0

In fact, the latest joycon firmware fixes most of the motion control drift I was experiencing in games like Resident Evil Revelaions 2, etc. on those older switches

Reactions: Cyan

Vic_Vinegar

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can you do the joycon update if your banned? And is there a risk of getting banned if you download the joycon update if you've been using SX OS? Asking for a friend ....

andijames

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
lol ya it still asks me to update my joycon even tho i've updated to 6.0.1 using ChoixduJour
The joycon firmware is embedded in the horizon firmware update so yeah it makes sense. It's a separate update to the sys firmware and will kick in when you run a fw that has an update. Just update and enjoy the benefits

Reactions: Vic_Vinegar

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: