• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

US Supreme Court rules against EPA in West Virginia vs EPA

Status
Not open for further replies.

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay this statement proves alone that you only read certain buzz words, and then proceed to make your argument.

View attachment 318273
same paper
https://www.pewresearch.org/politic...-record-high-but-key-segments-remain-opposed/

If your not going to take the time to read someones sources, I don't have to take the time to argue with you.
I can look out my window or turn on a friend's Cable TV, and see that acceptance is spreading regardless of Party Lines, Religion, etc. That is how marketing works when the people are not educated to think critically, understand what they stand for, and why they stand for it. Like I said, mostly everybody today supports gay marriage, but they have no idea why they used to be against it, or anything else they used to be against, any more than they know their parents, grand parents or great grand parent's values and what they stood for. And further more, the variety of natives that lived here before don't seem to have left any lasting opinions on the matter because they've all been assimilated along with everyone else. And the sad thing is that today when we think of freedom, we think it has to do with putting our pee pee in another man's butt. How far we've came. We're spoiled, dumb, and blind.

XDel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ooh, do tell! Why would anyone be against gay marriage now? How has the decision harmed you? The rest of your insanity aside, I'm absolutely here for this answer! :wub:
There are TONS upon tons of threads with me discussing just that, have at em', at least those that have not been deleted. Also there is the link in my Avatar, it's full of interesting research information, but you are just being a child, you are ganging up on me with your friends and poking fun. It's not like anything of importance is actually going to make it's way through your filter when you are acting as a limb or tentacle of a mob.

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can look out my window or turn on a friend's Cable TV, and see that acceptance is spreading regardless of Party Lines, Religion, etc. That is how marketing works when the people are not educated to think critically, understand what they stand for, and why they stand for it. Like I said, mostly everybody today supports gay marriage, but they have no idea why they used to be against it, or anything else they used to be against, any more than they know their parents, grand parents or great grand parent's values and what they stood for. And further more, the variety of natives that lived here before don't seem to have left any lasting opinions on the matter because they've all been assimilated along with everyone else. And the sad thing is that today when we think of freedom, we think it has to do with putting our pee pee in another man's butt. How far we've came. We're spoiled, dumb, and blind.
Have you ever stopped to consider that maybe the issue of gay marriage was why it was hated at all in the first place? People had a very warped perception until it became more normalized and discussed, and now that gay couples can come forward and share their experiences without scorn and danger (to a better degree, at least), nobody has an argument against it that can stick.

I'm not a thread archaeologist, and I certainly don't care to pollute my youtube recommendations on "take my word on it, everything is in my vids!" Sorry if so many people are jumping on you for being homophobic as hell, but if you're going to make an outrageous claim, you ought to be prepared to back it up.

Also, noticing Brave New World in your signature... I'd endorse picking up Player Piano by Kurt Vonnegut Jr. Similar themes, less fantasy, more modern day relevance.

XDel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you ever stopped to consider that maybe the issue of gay marriage was why it was hated at all in the first place? People had a very warped perception until it became more normalized and discussed, and now that gay couples can come forward and share their experiences without scorn and danger (to a better degree, at least), nobody has an argument against it that can stick.

I'm not a thread archaeologist, and I certainly don't care to pollute my youtube recommendations on "take my word on it, everything is in my vids!" Sorry if so many people are jumping on you for being homophobic as hell, but if you're going to make an outrageous claim, you ought to be prepared to back it up.

Also, noticing Brave New World in your signature... I'd endorse picking up Player Piano by Kurt Vonnegut Jr. Similar themes, less fantasy, more modern day relevance.
Oh, so you've read through all my previous posts on other threads, not including the deleted ones, and had the time to go through all the videos in my avatar link and have found that nothing I have to say is going to stick?

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, so you've read through all my previous posts on other threads, not including the deleted ones, and had the time to go through all the videos in my avatar link and have found that nothing I have to say is going to stick?
You obviously didn't read my post. I'm NOT a thread archaeologist and I'm not here to sate your website plug request. I'm asking YOU to back up your homophobic statement here in this thread where you've made the rather bold statement that people are blind for having forsaken anti-gay marriage stances in recent years. Outrageous claims require exceptional evidence, and I'm dying to know why YOU think marriage equality is harmful and the present majority is mistaken.

XDel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You obviously didn't read my post. I'm NOT a thread archaeologist and I'm not here to sate your website plug request. I'm asking YOU to back up your homophobic statement here in this thread where you've made the rather bold statement that people are blind for having forsaken anti-gay marriage stances in recent years. Outrageous claims require exceptional evidence, and I'm dying to know why YOU think marriage equality is harmful and the present majority is mistaken.
What is a thread archaeologist? Are you referring to the fact that homosexual activity traces back through out known history? If that is the case, then yes, I am quite aware. Though if that is the case, what is your point?

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

I dont really care what he has to say. Idk what it is about anything remotely political that pulls in bigots like some kind of hate magnet. But I'm over it. Everyone of these threads, no matter the topic, always turns into gay/trans morality nonsense. People just looking for any glimmer of opportunity to interject their grievances with tolerance. We're done here. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: