• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

US troops withdrawal from Afghanistan

RivenMain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty certain he'll go down as the worst president. I can't imagine a dementia patient winning the election. Trump created so many jobs, and now I can't drive anywhere without seeing closed business's and landlords struggling to eat well people are knocking on their door trying to buy their property and debt for cheap.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I said none of the ridiculous things you are attributing to me.

I said it's the depths of bad diplomacy to have your embassy representatives in a hostile nation advocating for things that carry a death sentence in the country you are tweeting them from.
I'm still waiting for your evidence that the tweet did anything substantive.

And yes, go back to your previous posts. You spoke in overgeneralizations about an entire group of people.

then that literally just means he isn't doing his job.
How do you figure?

Pretty certain he'll go down as the worst president. I can't imagine a dementia patient winning the election. Trump created so many jobs, and now I can't drive anywhere without seeing closed business's and landlords struggling to eat well people are knocking on their door trying to buy their property and debt for cheap.
  1. There is no evidence that he has dementia.
  2. The rate of job growth did not increase under Trump pre-COVID.
  3. It was largely Trump's COVID response failure that led to the worst case of job losses in modern history.
  4. Job growth has been booming under Biden, in part because he inherited a disastrous economy from his predecessor, and in part because the Democrats passed a stimulus measure with virtually zero Republican support.
  5. Closed businesses are largely the result of the former administration's aforementioned incompetence.

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

And yes, go back to your previous posts. You spoke in overgeneralizations about an entire group of people.

How do you figure?

3. It was largely Trump's COVID response failure that led to the worst case of job losses in modern history.
  4. Job growth has been booming under Biden, in part because he inherited a disastrous economy from his predecessor, and in part because the Democrats passed a stimulus measure with virtually zero Republican support.
  5. Closed businesses are largely the result of the former administration's aforementioned incompetence.

Feel free to define over generalization anyway you like, but IMO if you can gather a large crowd to stone a homosexual to death and no one is going to intervene I will continue to asses that as your population is not tolerant of homosexuality.

Promoting acts that carry a legal death sentence may lead to death. I mean in this imaginary world you are living in has Afghanistan legalized homosexuality.

Last edited by jimbo13,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Feel free to define over generalization anyway you like, but IMO if you can gather a large crowd to stone a homosexual to death and no one is going to intervene I will continue to asses that as your population is not tolerant of homosexuality.

Promoting acts that carry a legal death sentence may lead to death. I mean in this imaginary world you are living in has Afghanistan legalized homosexuality.
Again, nobody said that homophobia doesn't exist in the Middle East, but you're making overgeneralized statements like "this is what this group of people is like," you're suggesting the US should betray its principles regarding civil rights as though that's ever acceptable, you're arguing as though a tweet had any significant effect on foreign policy in the Middle East without a shred of evidence, and your entire point only further demonstrates why we should withdraw from the region.

Yawn.

DoubleDate

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

How do you figure?

No disrespect to you, but how can you defend Nappy Joe? The world wa spinning more safely when Trump was the US president. Im defnitely not Trump fan but since he was in power there were no wars, heck even the extremist in Afghanistan didnt dare to poke him since he wouldn't hesistate to bomb them to oblivion. Joe literally cancelled everything what Trump did during the 4 years but he couldnt make a plan to safely retreat from Afghanistan. I had a very bad feeling when he was elected president, and now you see how things are turning. Trump would've never allowed things to go out like this. Things are going to get worse, we are just 8 months in. The extremist will not stop in Afghanistan, i dont understand why people dont get how bad this is. They will try to attack the west.

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, nobody said that homophobia doesn't exist in the Middle East, but you're making overgeneralized statements like "this is what this group of people is like," you're suggesting the US should betray its principles regarding civil rights as though that's ever acceptable, you're arguing as though a tweet had any significant effect on foreign policy in the Middle East without a shred of evidence, and your entire point only further demonstrates why we should withdraw from the region.

Yawn.

I am not suggesting the "US should betray it's principals".

I am saying they should not betray common sense and have diplomats promote a behavior that carries a death sentence, Diplomats are not there to raise pride flags and kick the hornets nest.

This is what Afghanistan is like, they are not tolerant of homosexuals and anyone who is or was would face execution.

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I imagine any withdrawal from any administration would be a disaster, just like any parasite leaving its host. But it's better than staying. No matter what administration is in charge, Afghanistan will always bear the scars from the previous (and current) administration's sins. This is the nature of empire and should not be a surprise to any of us. This isn't a symptom of Biden, it's a symptom and result of mindless greed-fueled decades long imperialism sponsored by the good old US of A.

This is what Afghanistan is like, they are not tolerant of homosexuals
You aren't either ya dummy

Last edited by Seliph,
Reactions: Lacius

RivenMain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I
How do you figure?

1:https://imgur.com/SNL8Ypy Your right he just needs jen psaki to translate his mumbling and have him stand in the corner well she talks.
2:Yea it did.
3: nope more people die from being struck by lightning than dying to covid.
4:Job growth has never been lower. We're forcing landlord not to collect money and bringing 1000's of illegal immagrants in to fill in american jobs only for that money to be moved outside the u.s economies don't work that way.
5. If they were Trump's fault they would of been closed during his presidency not biden's.

edit:for people that say trump's racist and for some reason ur only ability to point out racism is rosa parks despite it happening 75 years ago and not realizing the worlds not 1955 https://i.imgur.com/MJj4YRT.png here's rosa and trump together.

Last edited by RivenMain,
Reactions: jimbo13

Ibcap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty certain he'll go down as the worst president.
Do you REALLY think Biden will go down as worse than Nixon or Hoover or Jackson? I really doubt it.
I can't drive anywhere without seeing closed business's and landlords struggling to eat well people are knocking on their door trying to buy their property and debt for cheap.
I wonder if maybe that has to do with the global PANDEMIC? Unemployment skyrocketed while trump was still in office. Claiming this changed with Biden is ignorant at best and intentionally malicious at worst. Of course this could have been fixed if Biden had handled the pandemic quickly and effectively, but he dropped the ball. No, wait, that wasnt biden was it?

ChronoTrig

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not suggesting the "US should betray it's principals".

I am saying they should not betray common sense and have diplomats promote a behavior that carries a death sentence, Diplomats are not there to raise pride flags and kick the hornets nest.

This is what Afghanistan is like, they are not tolerant of homosexuals and anyone who is or was would face execution.
You'll never get the point across where it's going to grasp that it's common sense to not piss off a nation with something they absolutely hate. They don't understand just because it's a building in a nation which you're already a hostile there that you can stomp around as if you have all the America rights and nothing bad will happen to you. They don't understand accommodating to their culture when you're a visitor in their land and on top of that, when trying to leave and throwing up the flag they see as pure, sheer evil and expecting them to not want to do anything to end that or you for even doing such a thing that they see as disrespectful to them/their country when they absolutely abhor it. It's not America, nor other nice nations. I feel a lot of these people are very sheltered behind computers and have not visited these foreign lands and been "apart of the shit". We've become so prosperous as a country that America has become very soft and it's going to cause, as people have stated already in the thread, things happening again on U.S. soil.

And China going after Taiwan - yes, I can see China doing it, because China does shit because they don't give a shit what other nations think, regardless what people think that they follow the rules. Look at their citizens who they're all tracking and disappearing if they protest-- do people forget this? Crimes against humanity, but people don't do shit nor does China give a f.

Last edited by ChronoTrig,
Reactions: jimbo13

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You aren't either ya dummy

I am entirely tolerant of homosexuals, I am intolerant of the political party known as the Alphabet brigade and every ridiculous inter sectional stereotype they attribute to being gay. I have no shortage of gay or trans people in my life personally and culturally that I have the deepest affection and admiration for.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No disrespect to you, but how can you defend Nappy Joe? The world wa spinning more safely when Trump was the US president. Im defnitely not Trump fan but since he was in power there were no wars, heck even the extremist in Afghanistan didnt dare to poke him since he wouldn't hesistate to bomb them to oblivion. Joe literally cancelled everything what Trump did during the 4 years but he couldnt make a plan to safely retreat from Afghanistan. I had a very bad feeling when he was elected president, and now you see how things are turning. Trump would've never allowed things to go out like this. Things are going to get worse, we are just 8 months in. The extremist will not stop in Afghanistan, i dont understand why people dont get how bad this is. They will try to attack the west.
  1. Someone who throws around nicknames like "Nappy Joe" isn't necessarily unbiased.
  2. Trump escalated ongoing wars, civilian deaths increased under Trump, and the Taliban were empowered under Trump.
  3. Not hesitating to "bomb someone into oblivion" isn't good foreign policy.
  4. Exiting Afghanistan wasn't going to be easy, since being there in the first place was a shit show, but exiting the region is/was still the right call. What we are seeing now is evidence that our presence was pointless, unless we intended to be there forever.
  5. Trump said numerous times since losing the election that he would have withdrawn from Afghanistan, and quicker. In fact, he said he should get all the credit for the current withdrawal, but that was when it was popular and easy to say, so of course that's what he said. Now, not so much.
  6. You seem to be forgetting the hundreds of thousands of COVID-19 deaths under Trump, the children separated from their parents at the border under Trump, etc.

1:https://imgur.com/SNL8Ypy Your right he just needs jen psaki to translate his mumbling and have him stand in the corner well she talks.
2:Yea it did.
3: nope more people die from being struck by lightning than dying to covid.
4:Job growth has never been lower. We're forcing landlord not to collect money and bringing 1000's of illegal immagrants in to fill in american jobs only for that money to be moved outside the u.s economies don't work that way.
5. If they were Trump's fault they would of been closed during his presidency not biden's.

edit:for people that say trump's racist and for some reason ur only ability to point out racism is rosa parks despite it happening 75 years ago and not realizing the worlds not 1955 https://i.imgur.com/MJj4YRT.png here's rosa and trump together.
I suggest looking at the facts and looking at what's actually true, instead of just spewing what you feel is true. The 2021 monthly job gains are so high they're nearly unprecedented, and the monthly job gains under Trump were no different than Obama's post-recession. It sounds like you need to collect your thoughts and get your facts straight.

No, it is not true that "more people get struck by lightning than die from COVID-19."

If businesses permanently closed in 2020 due to the pandemic and Trump's mishandling if the pandemic, then they are still going to be closed in 2021.

RivenMain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you REALLY think Biden will go down as worse than Nixon or Hoover or Jackson? I really doubt it.

Of course this could have been fixed if Biden had handled the pandemic quickly and effectively, but he dropped the ball. No, wait, that wasnt biden was it?
The first vaccines came out in December 14th. It only took 2 months to get multiple vaccines out to the public. It's been 8 months and what's changed? Where's the cure? How many presidents does it take to cure a virus? It shouldn't be the new lightbulb bro.

As for nixon and hoover, he just pushed illegal eviction bans so tell me why Biden shouldn't be impeached?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am entirely tolerant of homosexuals, I am intolerant of the political party known as the Alphabet brigade and every ridiculous inter sectional stereotype they attribute to being gay. I have no shortage of gay or trans people in my life personally and culturally that I have the deepest affection and admiration for.
I wonder how the LGBT people in your life would respond to you vehemently supporting anti-LGBT presidents and policies.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going to add Trumps supported lgbt

Trump supports LGBT people who support him. He does not support LGBT people, and he does not support LGBT rights. You can see this post of mine for details:

Trump does not support any part of the LGBT community. You might be able to find some comments here and there about how he supports the LGBT community, but actions speak louder than words. At every chance he had, he did what he could to strip rights away from the LGBT community. They spent years ignoring Pride Month. As soon as the former president was sworn in, LGBT resource pages on the White House website were removed. They tried to remove LGBT questions from the census in order to erase LGBT people. They tried to remove LGBT people from the equal employment policies at the commerce department. They banned trans people from the military for no reason other than to be anti-LGBT. They ordered the Department of Education to remove anti-discrimination policies relating to LGBT people. They explicitly said they'd reject civil rights complaints at the Department of Education relating to LGBT issues. They gave federal funds to private schools that explicitly discriminate against LGBT people. They removed healthcare protections for LGBT people, effectively making it so anyone could refuse health care to anybody who is LGBT, for any reason. They established an office within HHS to specifically defend people who refused medical care to LGBT people. They granted federal funds to foster programs that discriminated against LGBT people. They engaged in an outright effort to specifically erase trans people from all existing protections and acknowledgements online. They ordered the CDC to stop using words like "transgender." They created a rule to stop doing data collection on LGBT foster youth, creating significant impediments to helping them, all for no reason but to cause harm. They ordered the removal of questions relating to LGBT people from forms belonging to programs that help the elderly and disabled, hindering the ability to help those people's specific needs as well. They ordered the removal of anti-discrimination policies relating to LGBT people from HUD. They ordered HUD to permit shelters to deny entry to trans people. They ordered the cancellation of HUD surveys relating to LGBT needs. They ordered the Justice Department to argue in court against anti-LGBT discrimination. They rolled back previously existing protections for LGBT people in prisons. They rolled back anti-discrimination policies affecting LGBT federal contractors. They ordered the denial of visas to same-sex partners of diplomats. They ordered a rule change so that a child born of a same-sex couple born overseas via a surrogate wouldn't be eligible for US citizenship. They removed the US from the UN Human Rights Council with one of the main reasons being because of LGBT issues (they were friendly to LGBT people and LGBT issues). They refused to sign a statement condemning physical attacks against LGBT people overseas. They ordered the removal of a pro-LGBT program in the 4H program, hurting LGBT children. They've nominated numerous justices, including ones even controversial among the Republican Party, who are vehemently anti-LGBT. Under their policies, ICE as specifically mistreated LGBT inmates in their custody. They did and said nothing relating to anti-trans violence and murders in this country.

I try to remember that the amount of ignorance needed to make a statement like "the former president was actually pro-gay" comes from a place of privilege, not a place of malice, but it was incredibly offensive.

Reactions: Dakitten

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder how the LGBT people in your life would respond to you vehemently supporting anti-LGBT presidents and policies.

I wont be addressing your adhominem straw man with nothing cited, because we all know when your losing you and Dakitten will simply accuse me of changing the topic to escape your ridiculous claims.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wont be addressing your adhominem straw man with nothing cited, because we all know when your losing you and Dakitten will simply accuse me of changing the topic to escape your ridiculous claims.
I didn't make an ad hominem argument. I did not say your position on X was bad because you are Y. I also didn't make a straw man argument. I haven't mischaracterized your position, unless you're saying you are in favor of LGBT rights and opposed to the former president's anti-LGBT policies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...