• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

US troops withdrawal from Afghanistan

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lacius and Panda in Panic mode after that Disaster of a speech

LOOK AT THIS

this is what the Biden defense force here does not want you to see
https://twitter.com/MarcusReports/status/1427363089834512384
hmm Why does"Biden defense Force" does want you to see this... Biden has already announced Taking THOUSANDS out in the next couple of days.
Im sick of Valwinz AntiAmerican sentiment on Forcing own Troop to Defence a Country that does not want to defend themselves .
WE need to start thinking about "America First" and leave the nation the does not want to help themselves

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
There was never going to be a good time to leave, but leaving was necessary.
You should not have entered in the first place. It was a matter of doing a coup d'etat, like you always did every where (including here in Brazil). Now since you were inside, the least you should have done was to solve the problem that you use as excuse to get in.
(and I did not even mentioned that the Taliban is so strong thanks to USA's political games against USSR, so yeah, your mess, you should cleaned it).

DoubleDate

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hmm Why does"Biden defense Force" does want you to see this... Biden has already announced Taking THOUSANDS out in the next couple of days.
Im sick of Valwinz AntiAmerican sentiment on Forcing own Troop to Defence a Country that does not want to defend themselves .
WE need to start thinking about "America First" and leave the nation the does not want to help themselves

Yeah sure mate " Leave the nation that doesnt want help"

It will becoming a brewing ground for extremist, meaning it will be a threat to the west.

For now you may think like that way, but until the first attacks against the west start, your opinion will change like lightning.

They will not sit there with crossed hands, they will look for ways to harm any western countries. Dont go look surprised when things hits the fan in Europe or the US. Those people want more than just a country.

I do understand your point but this will lead to potential danger to citizens in western countries.

Do you think that they will just stay there? Mate something needs to be addressed and done or whole Afghanistan will be a whole yard of extremist. They need to know that if they harm others they need to be dealt with.

This whole situation is a huge big pile of hot crab garbage.

Reactions: BitMasterPlus
D

Deleted User

Have been lurking on this forum for ages as am a retro game fan and its some of the ill educated baiting crap (the whole reason the thread was started) on this thats convinced me to set up an account even for a short time.

Biden was 100 per cent correct. In fact hes following through on what Trump started and amazingly for that waste of organs it was the correct decision. It was insane to stay so long in the first place. He also explicitly did NOT blame Trump , mentioning the war was going on with two Democrats and two Republican presidents. There was never going to be a good time to leave so early doors Biden has decided to swallow the bitter pill and get it over with. The rapidity of the collapse proves him right, it was a house of cards built on sand and kept on life support by the US/NATO. The point about weapons being left behind is legit if correct but tbh there was never going to be a perfect way for anyone out of it.

No more American solders now need to die far from home. A new way of operating that doesnt put American solders at risk is being developed built on diplomacy. The Trump supporters I talked to in other places over the years in fact have gotten what they asked for. Fair play Joe Biden, he had the balls to follow through on it. You would think people on this forum would be happy about the fact instead of trying to make it about them and trying to point score. Still, looking at the intelligence level of some of the bottom feeders on here, it should be no surprise.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should not have entered in the first place. It was a matter of doing a coup d'etat, like you always did every where (including here in Brazil). Now since you were inside, the least you should have done was to solve the problem that you use as excuse to get in.
(and I did not even mentioned that the Taliban is so strong thanks to USA's political games against USSR, so yeah, your mess, you should cleaned it).
I don't disagree with your first point, but the choices were to either leave or stay indefinitely. The events we're seeing demonstrate that nothing was gained for 20 years of war.

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I covered that pages ago, actually! That being said, some problems can't be easily solved. At this point, it really could only have ended in one of two ways. The way it did, or making the region into an outright American territory and sparking an actual war. Otherwise, it would just be more of the same into perpetuity... we never should have been there, but the people never wanted to invade to begin with. Tragedy all the way around... but still started by the right decades ago :ha:

Reactions: Xzi

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's no secret around here how I feel about Biden, or rather his council of elders or whoever comes up with his policies, but this Afghanistan "disaster" doesn't really seem like that big of a deal to me. It doesn't seem like the Taliban are actively hunting down Americans on the way out or anything. If anything, it will be easier for them to steamroll the rest of the place with everyone gone. It was always going to end this way, so better to just do it like a band-aid, right off! This thing has been a massive waste of blood and treasure based on a lie. They don't want us there and the only use for continuing this farce is to maintain a launchpad against Iran on behalf of Israel. Fuck em, let them deal with their own problems.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Demonstrably false.

Keep talking into the echo chamber, for anyone not still firmly hypnotized by Trump then it's clearly not Joe Bidens fault.

You are attempting to use his words against him but are leaving out the fact that Biden could have done something, regardless of something unstoppable.

Don't you think it's fair to use Trumps words against him? Trump clearly set this up to fail.

How would that have helped?? Are you dense? There is no Afghanistan army anymore.

There was an Afghan army when the US left, if they had destroyed the Afghan army's weapons when they left then the Taliban would have taken over quicker. Your argument is disingenous.

What does genitalia have to do anything with this conversation mate, cant you just be normal and add things that are important than just looking for ways on how to insult? I mean, come one, that is low.

Truth hurts? Your viewpoint screams of trolling. If you want a serious debate then try not making fraudulent claims.

They know Trump is a person to take action (See the Soleimani story)

What action do you imagine that Trump would take? On the basis he says he is against any action. You are in denial. His magical thinking that the withdrawal would have been more successful if he was president is lapped up by the deluded faithful, but there is no basis for believing that and he hasn't said how he would have done anything differently.

Last edited by smf,
Reactions: Dakitten

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep talking into the echo chamber, for anyone not still firmly hypnotized by Trump then it's clearly not Joe Bidens fault.

So when Joe Blinken is stating imperially "I made the decision to withdraw" is he lying or was he trying to steal credit which he was not entitled to. He is a known plagiarist.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Now since you were inside, the least you should have done was to solve the problem that you use as excuse to get in.

Yeah, I kinda feel the same. However, I'm not sure if that problem is solvable.

The best they could have done is made the country so progressive that the people would not stand for being run by an oppressive regime. But I'm not sure that 20 years is long enough to change the attitudes of so many people.

I feel sorry for the people who have just had their future stolen from them by a bunch of men with guns.

If the majority had voted for the Taliban to take control then at least it would have been democratic. Financial sanctions against them is our only real recourse, maybe legalizing drugs would help screw their economy. We need to find some eco use for opium.

Last edited by smf,
Reactions: Deleted User

DoubleDate

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Don't you think it's fair to use Trumps words against him? Trump clearly set this up to fail.

There was an Afghan army when the US left, if they had destroyed the Afghan army's weapons when they left then the Taliban would have taken over quicker. Your argument is disingenous.

Truth hurts? Your viewpoint screams of trolling. If you want a serious debate then try not making fraudulent claims.

What action do you imagine that Trump would take? On the basis he says he is against any action. You are in denial. His magical thinking that the withdrawal would have been more successful if he was president is lapped up by the deluded faithful, but there is no basis for believing that and he hasn't said how he would have done anything differently.

Truth hurts? Mate, are you alway like that? Putting words on someone else? Because im very certain i never mentioned anything about genitalia. Im just wondering if some people here are compasionate to be kind to his fellow human being.

Pentagon, Kamala Harris all have said that what happened is a whole cluster big failure, yet you guys know better than the ones who even were there? All i hear is Trump bashing, but no actual responsibilities to own the moment of the failure. Biden botched it, now he is blaming everyone else except him who made the decision, so again who are we kidding?

Mate, for the second time in a kind and respectful way to you without any insult, i never said anything about Trumps genitalia. If i said something about Kamala Harris, she is a woman who want to lead for example, did i say anything about her vagina? No i didn't.

No need to be rude.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah, I kinda feel the same. However, I'm not sure if that problem is solvable.

The best they could have done is made the country so progressive that the people would not stand for being run by an oppressive regime. But I'm not sure that 20 years is long enough to change the attitudes of so many people.

I feel sorry for the people who have just had their future stolen from them by a bunch of men with guns.

If the majority had voted for the Taliban to take control then at least it would have been democratic. Financial sanctions against them is our only real recourse, maybe legalizing drugs would help screw their economy.

I agree with that one.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Truth hurts? Mate, are you alway like that? Putting words on someone else? Because im very certain i never mentioned anything about genitalia. Im just wondering if some people here are compasionate to be kind to his fellow human being.

You clearly aren't compassionate and kind to fellow human beings & neither is Trump. I will be kind and compassionate to you when you are kind and compassionate to Joe Biden.

https://www.independent.co.uk/tv/news/trump-afghanistan-withdrawal-claim-biden-v91ad2982

"a government that wouldn't last, the only way they will last is if we're there".

"so we're bringing out troops back from iraq, we're bringing our troops back from afghanistan".

Trump thought the government would fall when he set the timescale for brining the troops back, he knew it would happen when Joe Biden was president. He could have done it earlier in his term so that he saw it through, he chose not to do that.

So don't talk about kind and compassionate to Trump, he is a piece of shit. Even republicans should see that.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/08/afghanistan-withdrawal-trump-biden.html

First, the “peace accord” that Trump’s emissaries signed with the Taliban in February 2020, in Doha, imposed only a few conditions—and the Taliban are violating none of them at the moment. The Taliban merely agreed not to allow any “individuals or groups, including al-Qaida, to use the soil of Afghanistan to threaten the security of the United States and its allies.” The accord did not bar the Taliban from fighting Afghan government troops or from capturing Afghan provinces on its own.

Last edited by smf,

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
I covered that pages ago, actually! That being said, some problems can't be easily solved. At this point, it really could only have ended in one of two ways. The way it did, or making the region into an outright American territory and sparking an actual war. Otherwise, it would just be more of the same into perpetuity... we never should have been there, but the people never wanted to invade to begin with. Tragedy all the way around... but still started by the right decades ago :ha:
so you agree with USA doing nothing to easy the pain that it is directly responsible for is a right move? Come on!
If USA dig itself in a perpetual problem, it should be solely an USA problem, not an Afghanistan's people problem.

But USA don't care, I know, it is their "America first" stuff, just with blue tie instead of the red one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • B
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: why be a sigma male when you could be a ligma male?