Status
Not open for further replies.

comput3rus3r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At least in Australia, most parents who don't vaccine their children are hippies, and the suburbs that have recurring measles outbreaks are the most left-leaning suburbs in the entire country.

(But I agree with not bringing political leanings into this; science denial is rampant on both the left and right.)

Post hoc ergo propter hoc.

Not to mention that mercury-based preservatives/anti-bactericals/anti-fungals are now virtually only used in some flu shots; pretty much all vaccines now given to children to not even contain mercury in any form.

This point has already been made here, but I think it's an excellent one: effectively every person I have ever met has been given every vaccine given to children and teenagers as part of our national immunisation program, and many get a flu shot every year (including me). Despite this, I have only met, maybe, two people that I've known to have autism. Even if there were a connection between vaccinations and autism (there's not, and the burden of proof is on those making this claim to provide evidence and illustrate a biological explanation for this), then surely the chance of developing autism as a result of a vaccinations is so low that it doesn't actually matter.
Doesn't matter to you because it's not your child.

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
At least in Australia, most parents who don't vaccine their children are hippies, and the suburbs that have recurring measles outbreaks are the most left-leaning suburbs in the entire country.

(But I agree with not bringing political leanings into this; science denial is rampant on both the left and right.)

Post hoc ergo propter hoc.

Not to mention that mercury-based preservatives/anti-bactericals/anti-fungals are now virtually only used in some flu shots; pretty much all vaccines now given to children to not even contain mercury in any form.

This point has already been made here, but I think it's an excellent one: effectively every person I have ever met has been given every vaccine given to children and teenagers as part of our national immunisation program, and many get a flu shot every year (including me). Despite this, I have only met, maybe, two people that I've known to have autism. Even if there were a connection between vaccinations and autism (there's not, and the burden of proof is on those making this claim to provide evidence and illustrate a biological explanation for this), then surely the chance of developing autism as a result of a vaccinations is so low that it doesn't actually matter.
Exactly even if 5 to 10% would get autism from vaccines, that would be fucking worth it
but there isn't even a correlation (aside from the fact that correlations aren't proof at all)

On top of that the idea of autism comming from vacines, came from a doctor who lied about it just to make money
and people never stoped to keep using it, while most even forgot where it came from

Reactions: Xiphiidae

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I smell bullshit. Please stop your anti-vaxxer sycophancy, you're making a fool out of yourself.

But hey, if you want your children to die of measles, don't come crying to us and don't expect any sensible doctor to help you. Only help you'd get is from a quack.

Summed up: Get a f*cking job.

Last edited by the_randomizer,
Reactions: DeoNaught

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Doesn't matter to you because it's not your child.
No, it's every child in my society (and yours). Ensuring that at least 95% of the population are vaccinated against contagious diseases is incredibly important for ensuring that people who cannot get vaccinated (newborns, people who immunodeficient, etc.) are protected.

Between 2000 and 2015, the number of deaths as a result of measles infection decreased by 79% worldwide, due virtually solely to vaccination programs. In 1980 (before widespread measles vaccination existed) measles caused approximately two and a half million deaths.

Again, you have provided zero evidence to suggest that vaccinations can cause any of the effects that you're suggesting they do. Vaccines having saved millions of lives is true.

I care more about children not dying from easily preventable illnesses than about your ignorant, dangerous nonsense.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

comput3rus3r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bla bla bla bla nonsense

Just keep spraying vinegar in your fridge to avoid elephant getting in
i never saw one in my so it work

i seriously hope that you get banned and exiled from earth
Yeah you have to have at least a 5th grade reading level to understand what's actually being said in that courtroom.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No, it's every child in my society (and yours). Ensuring that at least 95% of the population are vaccinated against contagious diseases is incredibly important for ensuring that people who cannot get vaccinated (newborns, people who immunodeficient, etc.) are protected.

Between 2000 and 2015, the number of deaths as a result of measles infection decreased by 79% worldwide, due virtually solely to vaccination programs. In 1980 (before widespread measles vaccination existed) measles caused approximately two and a half million deaths.

Again, you have provided zero evidence to suggest that vaccinations can cause any of the effects that you're suggesting they do. Vaccines having saved millions of lives is true.

I care more about children not dying from easily preventable illnesses than about your ignorant, dangerous nonsense.
0 evidence. Guess you missed the OP.

Reactions: Alkéryn

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I saw something even better.

Mountains are stumps of giant trees, that were cut during the nuclear war in 1892.

(I am not kidding, I really saw someone saying that and I am certain they were serious.)
Yeah heard about it

Well my father is a special case though
like he found a way to believe in all complot theories even if they contradict each other

like he belive that 80% of people on earth are aliens that disguise as human
he believe in reptilians and iluminaty
that the cern want to open a gate to hell
harp is malipulating people

and i ame a cartesian next to it

one day he come to me and said :

Pete (not real name), you are a telepath, a friend of mine saw that power in it

at first a laugh but he wasn't joking

so yeah i like him but i don't understand how he can believe in such crazy without questioning it

anyway i already played his game and argumented with him by admiting as if it was the case in order to argument

so yeah at least he is open minded and i argumented with him "admiting he was right"
he knew i didn't believed in it but we were speaking of it as if so i could convince him

but yeah it isn't possible

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah you have to have at least a 5th grade reading level to understand what's actually being said in that courtroom.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Lol 1st english isn't my native language
and 2nd i have a perfect english understanding, i'm just not as good at expressing myself and it isn't on a forum on a crappy thread that i will correct my mistake or use advanced vocabulary
i haven't the time for that

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
" I wonder how many of you nay sayers have vaccine injured children... I guarantee that you'd be quick to abandon all your reliance on mainstream media and doctors for your answers to why and how this could have happened to your child and you'd fight till the death until everyone with ears had heard what you'd spent weeks, months, even years researching both side, until justice was served. I couldn't live with myself if I didn't say something... I don't want any child to go through what mine did (and still are) ...and we actually consider ourselves fortunate that it wasn't worse than what it is.... Parents shouldn't be at odds with other parents...we ALL are passionate about our kids and their safety."
From a concerned mom.
No sources, extremely vague... Seems legit.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Neither do you have with your bit.ly links. There are still no solid accepted proof that vaccine causes autism. It's probably higher chance they cause some kind of cancer than autism that have been proven to be with the child since birth. (https://adsbypasser.github.io/ to kill bit.ly crap and such sites so the person doesn't earn anything and you get your files quicker or site).

CitizenSnips

a seldom-used crab named Lucky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally believe theres some basis behind it. I actually had a reaction to a vaccine, which right afterwards made me not talk for several months as a child, and also after i was diagnosed with "mild autistic tendencies", although i got over them with time. I dont think outright not vaccinating isnt the best thing to do, but i think that vaccines should be more spaced out and not given too early in a child's life, as there is definitely some risk involved.

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Yeah heard about it

Well my father is a special case though
like he found a way to believe in all complot theories even if they contradict each other

like he belive that 80% of people on earth are aliens that disguise as human
he believe in reptilians and iluminaty
that the cern want to open a gate to hell
harp is malipulating people

and i ame a cartesian next to it

one day he come to me and said :

Pete (not real name), you are a telepath, a friend of mine saw that power in it

at first a laugh but he wasn't joking

so yeah i like him but i don't understand how he can believe in such crazy without questioning it

anyway i already played his game and argumented with him by admiting as if it was the case in order to argument

so yeah at least he is open minded and i argumented with him "admiting he was right"
he knew i didn't believed in it but we were speaking of it as if so i could convince him

but yeah it isn't possible

Isn't that what religion does?

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The OP did indeed have zero evidence. I would like to see empirical, methodologically sound, replicated, peer-review studies that clearly demonstrate a causal effect between vaccines and autism (or other such negative effects that vaccines are claimed to cause), and are able to illustrate a biological explanation for such a phenomenon.

No such study has ever done this, and most (high-profile) studies that have suggested a connection have been redacted from their respective journals (including, most importantly, the study that started this nonsense in the first place). Most 'scientists' or 'doctors' that peddle anti-vaccination rhetoric or pseudo-science almost always seem to be a position of financial gain for doing so.

The burden of proof lies on people like you to demonstrate your claims with independently verifiable evidence. This is especially true if the alternative would result in death and/or suffering from preventable diseases.

Post hoc ergo propter hoc. The notion that vaccines should be "more spaced out" can be very harmful and put children at risk from catching otherwise preventable infectious diseases that they can die from. A child having many vaccinations at once or within a short space of time doesn't put strain on their immune system or have any other risks. Immunisation programs are designed to maximise the benefit to the child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu:
    hey sylv? do you know why gameyob crashes on the EZP?
    @SylverReZ forgor to tag lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Materia_tofu, Maybe ask the EZ-Flash team.
    maybe tomorrow lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    You can make a post on the DS forum about your findings, and they'll do their best to respond. They have a GBAtemp account here, you know.
    oh ye i made a post i did forget they had an account i prob shouldve tagged them in the post
    tbh
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Materia_tofu, Would've been a great idea, because they'll notice.
    +1
    im not a very bright individual, but we live and we learn
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Materia_tofu, We do learn a lot from plenty of talented individuals.
    this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update on my brother: He's home now, tired and hungry, obviously, but other than that, seems to be doing fine.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's a relief to hear. Do you know what happened?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Any idea what happened? I hope that your brother's doing good.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Well, from what I've heard from my parents, he had a seizure last night, perhaps an epileptic episode, fucking died, had a near death experience, my dad called the paramedics, they showed up, took him to the hospital, and he woke up covered in tubes, and started complaining.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    He couldn't eat until after his MRI, when he had a bomb pop.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    What matters now is that he's doing alright.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But you still don't know what it was?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Has he had seizures before?
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    apparently stress can cause seizures, my brother had one during a test once
    never had one before that, and never had one since
  • Redleviboy123 @ Redleviboy123:
    Question about game texture chanching Do i need an own game id?
    @Veho for those that want to
    experience being sonic the hedgehog
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, you mean
    furries.
    Veho @ Veho: Ah, you mean furries.