Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am looking for a exe of this game

I have played this exact game on windows 95 in 1997/1998. someone on irc gave me the game exe.

If someone can help me find the name of this game it would be great.
Played it between 1998 and 2000 on the school windows PCs.
The point of the game was to not run out of fish. They would die if not fed and they could also multiply like crazy.
I think the only thing the player did was click to feed them and it was all about how much/often you did that.
It was a really simple game. The fish just lived (briefly) in a glass bowl, and the background, I think, was light blue.

I made mock screenshot in photoshop..... this game look like this.

old-fish-game.png

Last edited by ELY_M,

FriendlyPolygon

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I only know that original The Sims game had that parody on this game. It had standalone .exe file of aquarium screenshot where you can perform two simple actions: watch and feed.

Last edited by FriendlyPolygon,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Good luck. Around the time there was a very popular screensaver (it was a different time) called MOPy Fish
https://www.screensaversplanet.com/screensavers/hp-mopy-fish-678/ that arguably kicked it all off* , to say nothing of Tamagotchi still being popular and the Creatures game series (search for creatures 1996) also doing fairly well.
There were subsequently a lot of clones of that sort of thing.

*as well as introducing young me to the idea of save restoration cheating -- a business someone I knew had such a fish, went on holiday and it starved, fire up the disc snapshot tool (probably would have been Norton Ghost at this point) and fish is back from the dead.

FriendlyPolygon

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
post screenshots if you can.
I've searched through every The Sims game and expansion packs but haven't found it here, so I had to dug my old Pentium 233 PC from 2000s and oh my...
After i've booted it I discovered that I've deleted the game decades ago... But searching through archive folders on desktop, I was so surprised that I preserved that game among some others. I am also so happy!
Firstly, I was mistaken, it wasn't connected with The Sims at all, that aquarium just looks similar, I don't understand why it was installed with my old game copy! The program is called Mini Aquarium.exe but its original EXE name is RandomWawe.EXE. I've taken some screenshots of it directly from my old PC! Here they are:
P.S. I can share it in DM if you want
Additional info:
Description: RandomWave MFC Application
Version: 1.0.0.1
Product Name: RandomWave Application
Copyright: Copyright (C) 1999
Original EXE name: RandomWave.EXE
Edit: I now recognised that aquarium looks just like one from The Sims, and this game have sounds from the game too. Thats strange, I can't find any info about this minigame on wikis...

Attachments

• Screen0.PNG
    Screen0.PNG
    140.8 KB · Views: 42
  • Screen1.PNG
    Screen1.PNG
    194 KB · Views: 46
  • Screen2.PNG
    Screen2.PNG
    201 KB · Views: 41

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Can you remember if it was actually a game, or one of those interactive screensavers that were all the rage at one point?
I remember Goldfish Aquarium, it had several tanks (including bowls) and backgrounds it cycled through. There was a bowl with a blue background in there.
And there was Aquazone, it was just one aquarium. It had more types of fish though.
Clicking on the screen would feed the fish, and that was it.

Reactions: ELY_M

ELY_M

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've searched through every The Sims game and expansion packs but haven't found it here, so I had to dug my old Pentium 233 PC from 2000s and oh my...
After i've booted it I discovered that I've deleted the game decades ago... But searching through archive folders on desktop, I was so surprised that I preserved that game among some others. I am also so happy!
Firstly, I was mistaken, it wasn't connected with The Sims at all, that aquarium just looks similar, I don't understand why it was installed with my old game copy! The program is called Mini Aquarium.exe but its original EXE name is RandomWawe.EXE. I've taken some screenshots of it directly from my old PC! Here they are:
P.S. I can share it in DM if you want
Additional info:
Description: RandomWave MFC Application
Version: 1.0.0.1
Product Name: RandomWave Application
Copyright: Copyright (C) 1999
Original EXE name: RandomWave.EXE
Edit: I now recognised that aquarium looks just like one from The Sims, and this game have sounds from the game too. Thats strange, I can't find any info about this minigame on wikis...

Thank you but it was not that game.

ELY_M

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you remember if it was actually a game, or one of those interactive screensavers that were all the rage at one point?
I remember Goldfish Aquarium, it had several tanks (including bowls) and backgrounds it cycled through. There was a bowl with a blue background in there.
And there was Aquazone, it was just one aquarium. It had more types of fish though.
Clicking on the screen would feed the fish, and that was it.
It was not screensaver. It was a small game.

ELY_M

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you everyone, I finally found answer. it was Sim Fish 2 by Chris Perry. sadly the author is dead now..... :(

ELY_M

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It wont work in windows 10.... might will work in WINE in Linux and old windows.
I was able to run it in windows 2000 on virtualbox.

s2.zip is installer. sim-fish-2-game.zip is exe and readme after it was installed. I zipped up the game folder after I installed it.

Attachments

• screenshot2.png
    screenshot2.png
    191.9 KB · Views: 50
  • sf2.zip
    580.6 KB · Views: 29
  • sim-fish-2-game.zip
    395.7 KB · Views: 27

FriendlyPolygon

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
It wont work in windows 10.... might will work in WINE in Linux and old windows.
I was able to run it in windows 2000 on virtualbox.

s2.zip is installer. sim-fish-2-game.zip is exe and readme after it was installed. I zipped up the game folder after I installed it.
Congratulations! Glad you found it, and info about author as well.
Looks like it's a 16-bit app. You can run it natively on any 32bit (x86) windows though.
UPDATE: you can run it natively on x64 bit windows too! By installing ported version of NTVDM - otvdm. I'm running it fine on x64 bit Win7, just had to check "disable diplay scaling on high DPI".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :shy::blush::evil:.... :tpi::rofl2:
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :shy::blush::evil:.... :tpi::rofl2: