Hardware Vita doesn’t work after thumbstick replacement.

rammyball

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so, a few weeks ago at this point i had bought a vita 2000 with a dysfunctional thumbstick so my mom and i went ahead and replaced it with a third party one with good reviews. we followed tutorials to detail and did everything cautiously, but now all of a sudden, the vita just doesn’t turn on. at all ~_~ am i just missing something stupid or is there more i will have to replace? here are pics:
10F1FD9C-2BED-46A5-89ED-188300F1DA87.png

17E18B8E-D064-425A-B8F3-91C80921F2DE.png

let me know if you all need any other pics or info. ANY help is appreciated

Solution
Try disconnecting and leaving aside the battery for a while, then reconnect it and start charging it by connecting it to a computer, if it works, charge it using the original charger.

This behaviour is common on many Vita consoles, mine (a 1000 model) has the same issue now and then, but after disconnecting and reconnecting the battery it starts charging just fine.

If you have a multimeter, check the battery voltage to discard it being damaged.

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't hurt to have some larger images, can't see much here. Are these before or after photos? What does the cable next to the joystick assembly look like? maybe you damaged it...

rammyball

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not sure about the quality of the third party brand, I would have gone with first party one, I know there are one out there.
really? i wasn’t sure where i could find a first party one…
Post automatically merged:

Wouldn't hurt to have some larger images, can't see much here. Are these before or after photos? What does the cable next to the joystick assembly look like? maybe you damaged it...
they’re after, when everything is in place. by larger do you mean more close up or in higher quality? i’ll take some more tomorrow when i get the chance though

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Try disconnecting and leaving aside the battery for a while, then reconnect it and start charging it by connecting it to a computer, if it works, charge it using the original charger.

This behaviour is common on many Vita consoles, mine (a 1000 model) has the same issue now and then, but after disconnecting and reconnecting the battery it starts charging just fine.

If you have a multimeter, check the battery voltage to discard it being damaged.

Last edited by CMDreamer,
Reactions: rammyball
Solution

rammyball

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you have a multimeter, check the baterry voltage to discard it being damaged.
i'm super late but i finally got to this and thank you so much!!! works like a charm! i really appreciate it

Reactions: Alagara

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol