[WARNING APPLE RANT] I hate Apple

Matthew

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I hate Apple.

Recently I got a Brand new ipod Touch 4G and it looked great, and I immediately had issues with transferring anything onto it, I could buy apps but nothing else. Soon after it let me put music and videos onto it and while transferring my laptop went into sleep, my library was corrupted and I had to restore to 4.2.1 meaning no JB. It worked and I could put music onto it fine.

Then after about a few days I was transferring a move and when I finished guess what, my library was corrupt so I had to restore AGAIN!

It worked but later on when I had FINALLY got it the way I wanted it itunes stuck on backing up so I had to remove it and you've guessed it! My library was corrupt. I am currently adding stuff back onto it ATM.

Basically a few things I noticed, why does Apple use a method of transferring files which allows the entire library to be corrupted? Also why does Apple not allow me to delete a corrupted library and force me to restore? And why are apps not affected by a corrupt library, why cant they use a similar method for the library?

Basically I will not deny iDevices CAN be great but ONLY once you set them up. Also I am glad Apple have made a very good restore system, just its used to much.

Rant over

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Matthew said:
I hate Apple.

Recently I got a Brand new ipod Touch 4G and it looked great, and I immediately had issues with transferring anything onto it, I could buy apps but nothing else. Soon after it let me put music and videos onto it and while transferring my laptop went into sleep, my library was corrupted and I had to restore to 4.2.1 meaning no JB. It worked and I could put music onto it fine.

Then after about a few days I was transferring a move and when I finished guess what, my library was corrupt so I had to restore AGAIN!

It worked but later on when I had FINALLY got it the way I wanted it itunes stuck on backing up so I had to remove it and you've guessed it! My library was corrupt. I am currently adding stuff back onto it ATM.

Basically a few things I noticed, why does Apple use a method of transferring files which allows the entire library to be corrupted? Also why does Apple not allow me to delete a corrupted library and force me to restore? And why are apps not affected by a corrupt library, why cant they use a similar method for the library?

Basically I will not deny iDevices CAN be great but ONLY once you set them up. Also I am glad Apple have made a very good restore system, just its used to much.

Rant over

You can jailbreak your iPod touch 4G on any software.

It's "pwnd4life"

Which means Apple cannot patch the hole.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In my experience, Apple products are very nice but horribly overpriced especially as there are alternatives which match and exceed the quality what Apple produces.

Matthew

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
iFish said:
Matthew said:
I hate Apple.

Rant over

It's "pwnd4life"

Isnt it mac only, and if not can yuo give me a link
smile.gif

Matthew

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
emigre said:
In my experience, Apple products are very nice but horribly overpriced especially as there are alternatives which match and exceed the quality what Apple produces.

They are nice and overpriced. Also it was a gift.

Fortunatly this time It looks like I dont have to redownload every app I had

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Matthew said:
iFish said:
Matthew said:
I hate Apple.

Rant over

It's "pwnd4life"

Isnt it mac only, and if not can yuo give me a link
smile.gif

https://sites.google.com/a/iphone-dev.com/f...rects=0&d=1

^That will be tethered.
If you need further assistance go look at the Complete Jailbreak guide
smile.gif

Also, convert your music? Whaaa?

EDIT: If it was a girl you shouldn't be complaining, it isn't like you wasted your own money.

Matthew

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
iFish said:
https://sites.google.com/a/iphone-dev.com/f...rects=0&d=1

^That will be tethered.
If you need further assistance go look at the Complete Jailbreak guide
smile.gif

Also, convert your music? Whaaa?

EDIT: If it was a girl you shouldn't be complaining, it isn't like you wasted your own money.

Need to convert them to a lower kbps to save space so I can have more stuff on it.

Also I dont want a tethered JB

Matthew

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Son of Science said:
Why don't you want a tethered Jailbreak? The tethered part is only really relevant to the iPhone, since the battery life is much worse..

Becuase I don't.

Also finally tranfered all of my movies/apps, now todo music

Also yay only one app (which I dont really care about) wouldnt let me transfer it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Can I get his ☎️ # :shy::blush: +1