Hacking We made some videos, please check it out.

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
¿If i like roguelike games? Man, i often play to my NDS copy of Mystery dungeon Shiren the wanderer in my lite ;).

I played Metal gear GB too, but this in emulator. Elevator action saga, i have the gba version rom, but the splendid one is in Saturn.

I will give it a try to all your advice :)
just so you know, the original GB actually has a japanese exclusive port of the original shiren the wanderer, but the DS remake makes it more of a novelity, the GBC does have a japanese exclusive sequel, but that was also remade on the DS (only it wasnt localized like the DS remake of 1) that said, look up cave noire (its JP only but it has a translation patch) and azure dreams (port of the PSX shiren clone without all the dating sim and city building crap + a new game plus with a double sized dungeon), they are both clunkier than shiren, but they are still very good games on their own right

Ashes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
just so you know, the original GB actually has a japanese exclusive port of the original shiren the wanderer, but the DS remake makes it more of a novelity, the GBC does have a japanese exclusive sequel, but that was also remade on the DS (only it wasnt localized like the DS remake of 1) that said, look up cave noire (its JP only but it has a translation patch) and azure dreams (port of the PSX shiren clone without all the dating sim and city building crap + a new game plus with a double sized dungeon), they are both clunkier than shiren, but they are still very good games on their own right

I take note of your remarks ;)

I have in my ezreform the roms Torneko's Adventure 2 Advance and Toruneko no Daibouken 3 Advance, but as they are in japanese, impossible for me to progress in the games. It´s a pity.

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I take note of your remarks ;)

I have in my ezreform the roms Torneko's Adventure 2 Advance and Toruneko no Daibouken 3 Advance, but as they are in japanese, impossible for me to progress in the games. It´s a pity.
it really is, but if you have a 3DS you can try emulating the original torneko on SNES, there is a translation patch made by the same team that made the shiren on SNES patch, but the DS version is way better than the snes one so avoid that one because its pointless now.

btw, how is the EZ reform? i was considering on buying one until these videos came out, i really want cheats for some really hard games (its really just the first 2 megaman zero games and their terrible grinding and i already have the DS collection, but hey being able to patch them to restore the blood would be nice)

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
about power drain test, we can't find the new console to test, so the test was done on a 13 years old ndslite and last to 4.5 hours, it's an average score, can't compare to EZ2 PS series, so we did not enlist the power save in the features list, but it is acceptable due to the powerful functions.

and the firmware is upgradeable, it can be upgraded if we have power optimization in the future.

Last edited by EZ-Flash2,

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
about power drain test, we can't find the new console to test, so the test was done on a 13 years old ndslite and last to 4.5 hours, it's average score, can't compare to EZ2 PS series, but acceptable due to the powerful functions.
playing what? some games drain more than others

Ashes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
it really is, but if you have a 3DS you can try emulating the original torneko on SNES, there is a translation patch made by the same team that made the shiren on SNES patch, but the DS version is way better than the snes one so avoid that one because its pointless now.

btw, how is the EZ reform? i was considering on buying one until these videos came out, i really want cheats for some really hard games (its really just the first 2 megaman zero games and their terrible grinding and i already have the DS collection, but hey being able to patch them to restore the blood would be nice)

3DS is in my wish list :D

About ezreform, you don´t need to patch the games, because the device autopatches the roms. 32MB ones, you have to install them in NOR memory (like Mother 3). The firmware is solid and steady, they are in version 2.05, problems with saves for the moment i didn´t have (except one time with Ninja five-o that the game was fast forward :glare: and i have to erase the save). You can softreset the cartridge with a buttom combination and wait to loading the roms by the device between 10-25 seconds according to the game. ¿Cheats? I didn´t know abut that. Ezflash team they are the bests with gba flashcards highly likely. Price, 40 bucks.

Last edited by Ashes,

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
3DS is in my wish list :D

About ezreform, you don´t need to patch the games, because the device autopatches the roms. 32MB ones, you have to install them in NOR memory (like Mother 3). The firmware is solid and steady, they are in version 2.05, problems with saves for the moment i didn´t have (except one time with Ninja five-o that the game was fast forward :glare: and i have to erase the save). You can softreset the cartridge with a buttom combination and wait to loading the roms by the device between 10-25 seconds according to the game. ¿Cheats? I didn´t know abut that. Ezflash team they are the bests with gba flashcards highly likely. Price, 40 bucks.
i've seen a couple of those for 32 bucks on amazon but i dont know if they are clones, either way, the RTC and better saves are enough of a reason to hold of for the new cart

Ashes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
i've seen a couple of those for 32 bucks on amazon but i dont know if they are clones, either way, the RTC and better saves are enough of a reason to hold of for the new cart

Sure if that´s your thought. In my case i want to save when the game lets me and the clock feature is minor.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
playing what? some games drain more than others
I noted a difference at least worth noting in passing when doing current draw tests on the DS between 3d games/sections and 2d way back when, I did not go much into the GBA side of things though. Are there that many that are not badly coded ( http://www.dwedit.org/dwedit_board/viewtopic.php?id=480 ) for the GBA that make that great a difference?

Anyway I am slightly curious. I have messed around with GBA flash carts and forums for them for quite some time now and very few people have ever cared about power consumption of the device beyond it not being too outrageous. Some of the really old carts were a bit thirsty but after the likes of the EZ2 powerstar that EZ-Flash2 mentioned it kind of faded away.

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Sure if that´s your thought. In my case i want to save when the game lets me and the clock feature is minor.
dont forget that the cheats are useful beyond actual cheating, some of them allow you to get to otherwise unreachable content due to some gimmick, like how some games allow you to use a cheat instead of a patch to make it not depend on a stupid gimmick, well, at least that applies to cheats on DS (like how you can control your ship with buttons instead of the touchscreen in star fox command), not too sure about GBA

Ashes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I noted a difference at least worth noting in passing when doing current draw tests on the DS between 3d games/sections and 2d way back when, I did not go much into the GBA side of things though. Are there that many that are not badly coded ( http://www.dwedit.org/dwedit_board/viewtopic.php?id=480 ) for the GBA that make that great a difference?

Anyway I am slightly curious. I have messed around with GBA flash carts and forums for them for quite some time now and very few people have ever cared about power consumption of the device beyond it not being too outrageous. Some of the really old carts were a bit thirsty but after the likes of the EZ2 powerstar that EZ-Flash2 mentioned it kind of faded away.

In my opinion gba flashcard is right for NDS lite, in the same way that i´d play NDS roms in 3DS. Because the drain of this flashcards in this devices, is less than their based catalogue.

I remember ten years ago playing with a NDS flashcard in my lite, and i´m absolutely convinced that ezreform lasts longer. Even with more than ten years of lithium battery wear, that i calculated in 30% drop.

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

im guessing both metroid games also eat tons of power since they run on an engine made from the wario land 4 engine, unless they recoded it so that didnt happen, that said, some 3D games eat TONS of battery, like star x, GTA advance and payback on GBA

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

In my opinion gba flashcard is right for NDS lite, in the same way that i´d play NDS roms in 3DS. Because the drain of this flashcards in this devices, is less than their based catalogue.

I remember ten years ago playing with a NDS flashcard in my lite, and i´m absolutely convinced that ezreform lasts longer. Even with more than ten years of lithium battery wear, that i calculated in 30% drop.
cool, im actually thinking on getting a lite for the good battery and slot 2, so its good to know that battery wear is something to be careful of

Ashes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
im guessing both metroid games also eat tons of power since they run on an engine made from the wario land 4 engine, unless they recoded it so that didnt happen, that said, some 3D games eat TONS of battery, like star x, GTA advance and payback on GBA

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

cool, im actually thinking on getting a lite for the good battery and slot 2, so its good to know that battery wear is something to be careful of

Thats absolutely true. A game in 3D environment will drop battery faster, because needs more power from the device.

NDSlite, brighter means less playtime. I think that i have in a low mode, 3 of 4.

Maybe you want to inform yourself about GBA SP. Some guys said that is the best device to play GBA games (not in my opinion), because the screen is bigger and ags101 model more brighter. I don´t know about battery drain.

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Thats absolutely true. A game in 3D environment will drop battery faster, because needs more power from the device.

NDSlite, brighter means less playtime. I think that i have in a low mode, 3 of 4.

Maybe you want to inform yourself about GBA SP. Some guys said that is the best device to play GBA games (not in my opinion), because the screen is bigger and ags101 model more brighter. I don´t know about battery drain.

the batteries in those must be busted, besides, i dont like the form factor at all, i also want to take advantage of the 3 in 1 features in the new card and all i have rn are a couple DSis and a new 3DS XL, i also want the extra DS for having extra players for mario kart when friends come over :P

also, my main DSi has its shoulder buttons kinda wrecked, so if i can find a DSlite in good state i'll snatch it in a heart beat, if not, i'll get a 2DS or a DSi XL to replace it

hyno111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I'm assuming the Pokemon games save the clock offset in the save file and don't use the actual time of the RTC but only use it as a means to track how much time passed since the last time you played which is why that's happening.
In Pokemon R/S/E, a researcher NPC in space center tells the player how many weeks have passed since the game begins (in rockets launched). I assume this is the reason the game reset RTC clock every time the game is started and just check against 2000/1/1.
If the clock is not reset, there might be a problem about that counter (but who cares about that now anyway?)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu