Were there ever Xbox- or Xbox 360-based arcade cabinets?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,339
  • Replies 4
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted User

OP
I have a memory of one time when I was fairly young where, on a road trip, we stopped at either a McDonald's or a Burger King which had an arcade cabinet that seemed to be either Xbox-based or Xbox 360-based. It played the startup screen for either the original Xbox or the 360 before playing the game when you inserted money, I think? I haven't been able to find anything online about any system like this, so I'm not sure if it's just a false memory or something. Does anyone know if something like this ever existed?

Reactions: Tizm

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
18j385mjlvb9yjpg.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
Maquinita-de-Video-xbox-Multijuego-20160413112537.jpg

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, in the town with my 2nd home there's an arcade machine with some 360 soccer game - the controllers are simply enabled for some time proportional to how much you pay, and a single digit LCD on top shows percentage of time remaining - definitely not a mass manufactured product!

---

Also, I saw a Kinect machine in the Taito arcade in Shinjuku two augusts ago - can't remember the game but it was on the floor with all the music ones

This one maybe? http://www.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/tgs91_thumb.jpg

Last edited by Ryccardo,
Reactions: Deleted User

Anfroid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recall there being some at a festival in mexico that I was at like 9 years ago. they had gta iv, racing and some fighting games. iirc they were timed with the controllers shutting off when time ran out.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1