What are some of your controversial gaming opinions

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
No Pokemon 3DS game is very good, and I'd say XY (especially) and Sun and Moon are actually bad. I wouldnt even put any Gen 6 or 7 game over GSC. Though I'm cheating with USUM because I didnt even finish it. The franchise is probably done for me.

Tactics A2 is unquestionably the best Final Fantasy Tactics game.

The NSMB games are really fun and pretty equal to Super Mario World. Except NSMB2 which is definitely the weakest 2d platfomer in mario.

Mario Kart Wii>Double Dash, which sucks.

Sony doesnt deserve it's PS4 sales as they pretty much sold it on hype for about 2 years before actually getting any games.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also the sjw boogeman is one of the most annoying parts of gamer culture
You have no right to express your opinion.

Reactions: Pakhitew-Island
D

Deleted User

this is factually wrong, the key stealing market that happens due to lack of piracy is the only actual burden on small developers's wallet
it can be his opinion that the facts are wrong tho. technically, you can turn any statement (fact or not) into an opinion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it can be his opinion that the facts are wrong tho. technically, you can turn any statement (fact or not) into an opinion
yeah but that's called mental gymnastics, not opinions.

this is factually wrong, the key stealing market that happens due to lack of piracy is the only actual burden on small developers's wallet
Piracy does affect sales though, people just upplay it or downplay it. It depends on a myriad of factors -- how intrusive or annoying the DRM is, how shitty the company is, how expensive the game is, etc. There's a lot of factors that will influence piracy. Likewise, piracy will affect sales if those pirates do not buy the game, however there's a significant number of pirates like myself who do buy the games if they like them.

Piracy is a complex topic that needs a complex debate that isn't just "GUYS UHHH IT DOES AFFECT IT BADLY" or "GUYS IT DOESN'T AFFECT IT AT ALL"

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
something that can be proved is wrong is simply wrong, you can give counter proof to prove me wrong, but i really want you to show me that, because i really dont think anyone can.

yeah but that's called mental gymnastics, not opinions.

Piracy does affect sales though, people just upplay it or downplay it. It depends on a myriad of factors -- how intrusive or annoying the DRM is, how shitty the company is, how expensive the game is, etc. There's a lot of factors that will influence piracy. Likewise, piracy will affect sales if those pirates do not buy the game, however there's a significant number of pirates like myself who do buy the games if they like them.

Piracy is a complex topic that needs a complex debate that isn't just "GUYS UHHH IT DOES AFFECT IT BADLY" or "GUYS IT DOESN'T AFFECT IT AT ALL"
what you dont seem to realise is that when it comes to games, most people that can affort them do buy them and those that pirate everything and dont buy is simply because they cant buy it, they dont have the capital for it and therefore no money would be lost, at least i can guarantee you that is the case for everyone i know in south america, a bunch of people in the US and one guy in south africa

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
that nintendo should not stop making consoles to focus on mobile gaming
and that " Business" are too much in the game industry nowadays, it's hard to get non indies games that where made because someone get a team to make a idea become a game and if that games is a good one, good profit will come ... they are thinking so much in how to extract the max possible of profit from a franchise but not making the game as piece art and fun anymore (in general), just entertainment and this is sad :B

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Nauru
something that can be proved is wrong is simply wrong, you can give counter proof to prove me wrong, but i really want you to show me that, because i really dont think anyone can.
I'm not going to destroy your argument here. This is a "what are some of your controversial gaming opinions?" thread, not "watch 330 wreck total pwnage over pirates". Feel free to open a new thread and I will reply there. Or don't, I don't really care.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not going to destroy your argument here. This is a "what are some of your controversial gaming opinions?" thread, not "watch 330 wreck total pwnage over pirates". Feel free to open a new thread and I will reply there. Or don't, I don't really care.
imagine huffing your own farts this hard lmao

Reactions: Redhorse

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
In my opinion 2+2=5. You can't tell me i'm wrong for saying that because thats my opinion.
If you tell me i'm wrong, and try to get me to say 2+2=4, then you are forcing your opinion on to me.
You are oppressing me and not allowing me the freedom to think.

Last edited by SG854,

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
AKA i dont have an arguement, therefore im gonna declare victory without even defending what i said

imagine huffing your own farts this hard lmao
at least i can agree with you on that

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
And I'm not interested in destroying your argument here as I don't want to go off-topic, as I already wrote :)
you realise that by not making the thread yourself for YOUR counter arguement you are derailing this thread even more, right?

geodeath

Trophies
XP
Country
You'd be surprised at how adamant people are to defending 4K gaming, FFXIII, etc.

Oh and I wanted to say all Final Fantasy games past FFX are absolute shit, there :creep:

There is nothing wrong making games more detailed and beautiful. If you do not care for it, good for you, means you can get a cheaper tv and console and still play the same games. But i do not see it as a 'problem' as some people do. It is just the next iteration, much like games transitioning to 3d back in the day. But yeah, it does not add much if you do not care about it.

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
i just realised im derailing this thread a little too much so imma give my unpopular opinions:

half life 2 may be more polished and have a better story, but it doesnt have nowhere near the creativity of the first half life.

the new doom isnt a good follow up to doom, its an amazing game but its more of a game inspired by the meme of doom (the metal, the brutality, the badassery, rip 'n tear, etc) than an actual follow up to doom, like doom 3 was.

resident evil revelations is the best action resident evil if not the best in the series, while revelations 2 is only good because RE5 makes it look better in comparasion.

the Dpad that nintendo has been using since the DS lite is dog shit, its sharp edges hurt my fingers and the only time diagonals where easy to use was ironically in the 3DS, where it takes a back seat to the circle pad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Gy3BOmvLf2w?list=OLAK5uy_k27izUIERfT-RIE1qN1CHIOIkW4h5A9BY Play this song if...