Hacking Question What are the steps from 0 to CFW?

Zris96

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
I was just wondering... what are the steps to get a CFW on a console, not only for the switch, for all console?..

I mean... I know it's a chain of bugs but... what's the general progress for it?

First exploits then homebrews (I guess)... then what?

By the way... sorry if this thread don't belong to this section

ThaManWithTheHat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I'm no person that has ever tried hacking any console but I have some knowledge about how software works and hope I can explain it.
1. Find an exploit (a bug that the developer missed) to get access to the base code (the code that the entire system runs on) and then dump that code.
2. Decrypt the code, witch is very hard on modern systems as decryption gets more and more advance every day.
3. Find a way to run code to be able to then change it.
4. Change that code to make it work as you want (in this case, make it work as a cfw) witch takes a lot of time and testing. It needs to be able to run, do the things you want it to do, get rid of bugs etc. If you ever tried coding you know that things rarely work as you want it to and working with an entires systems code is extremely hard.
5. Now you have a cfw on your system, but if you are going to release it to the public you also got to make sure where you can potentially brick your system etc to not cause an angry mob.

kataclysmicmind

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just wondering... what are the steps to get a CFW on a console, not only for the switch, for all console?..

I mean... I know it's a chain of bugs but... what's the general progress for it?

First exploits then homebrews (I guess)... then what?

By the way... sorry if this thread don't belong to this section

Step 1: Read forum
Step 2: ???
Step 3: Profit

Zris96

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Well, I'm no person that has ever tried hacking any console but I have some knowledge about how software works and hope I can explain it.
1. Find an exploit (a bug that the developer missed) to get access to the base code (the code that the entire system runs on) and then dump that code.
2. Decrypt the code, witch is very hard on modern systems as decryption gets more and more advance every day.
3. Find a way to run code to be able to then change it.
4. Change that code to make it work as you want (in this case, make it work as a cfw) witch takes a lot of time and testing. It needs to be able to run, do the things you want it to do, get rid of bugs etc. If you ever tried coding you know that things rarely work as you want it to and working with an entires systems code is extremely hard.
5. Now you have a cfw on your system, but if you are going to release it to the public you also got to make sure where you can potentially brick your system etc to not cause an angry mob.
Thanks for your answer... yes, I know coding is real pain in the *ss

Everything is done already.

There is :P
Thought it CFW haven't launch already because something's left... woah! Hackers are amazing!!

sabykos

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Take a look at the project page of the github page of atmosphere. There is a pretty good roadmap.

D

Deleted User

Go to college and study cryptography and Japanese, get a job at Nintendo, climb the corporate ladder until you become one of their top engineers, leak the bootloader key then let the pros do the rest.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: