What are your views on gay marriage?

Do you think gay marriage should be legal?

• Yes, gay marriage should be legal.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, gay marriage should not be legal.

• I don't really care either way.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I was discussing this issue with my mom the other day and wanted to know how you guys felt about this topic. Please explain why you picked your answer!

I picked yes, that it should be legal, and here's why. Everyone has the right to be happy, fall in love with someone, and get married. So what if it's with someone of the same sex? Who are we to have a say in who another person can and can't marry? I see nothing wrong with two people of the same sex getting married, since it's not hurting anyone, and it's not harming anything. I know the bible-thumpers are preaching that "marriage is the sacred bond between a man and a woman", but really, what gives you the right to go pushing your ideas unto everyone else?

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont think this is a good idea
internet people cannot possibly have a civilized discussion/debate about their views

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Well, I'm not trying to start a debate or anything, just want to see how the poll works out. (How many people are pro/con gay marriage). I'm not asking people to argue with each other, just to pick an option and explain why you picked it!
biggrin.gif

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think its unconstitutional to ban gay marriages. I could care less if you think gay marriage is moral or not, you shouldn't restrict someone's life because of your beliefs.

Pimpmynintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
War said:
I picked yes, that it should be legal, and here's why. Everyone has the right to be miserable. So what if it's with someone of the same sex? Who are we to have a say in who another person can and can't marry? I see nothing wrong with two people of the same sex getting married, since it's not hurting anyone, and it's not harming anything. I know the bible-thumpers are preaching that "marriage is the sacred bond between a man and a woman", but really, what gives you the right to go pushing your ideas unto everyone else?
Fixed

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, i mean, its nice to see everyone's view and all
and i understand its like for the sake of speculation
but nothing really good can come from this
most people are not against anyway.
you'll see.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Pimpmynintendo said:
War said:
I picked yes, that it should be legal, and here's why. Everyone has the right to be miserable. So what if it's with someone of the same sex? Who are we to have a say in who another person can and can't marry? I see nothing wrong with two people of the same sex getting married, since it's not hurting anyone, and it's not harming anything. I know the bible-thumpers are preaching that "marriage is the sacred bond between a man and a woman", but really, what gives you the right to go pushing your ideas unto everyone else?
Fixed
I literally lol'd.

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I do not care either way as long as it does not get in the way of what I would normaly do... And War your avatar change confuses the hell out of me.

Lord Kanti

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well gay marriage should not be legal.

first of all the right to be married is no where in the constitution. Don't say it's unconstitutional.

imposing beliefs? marriage has been this way as defined man and woman since day one, if any beliefs are being imposed its the gay agenda viewed by the minority.

this issue has already been voted on before, and traditional marriage won out. it was 4 biased pro gay judges ( in San Francisco no less...) that decided that the voters of california mean nothing. last time I checked a 2 thirds vote is a substantial victory.

the last video I saw in support of californias vote NO supporters compared restricting gay marriage to that of the restrictions of asians in WWII concentration camps. This is utterly offensive to all asians. to compare the sufferage of the asian people to that of whiney gays who want to have the term 'marriage' instead of the legally equal term 'civil union' is perposterous.

One's choice of who or what they decide to have sex with should have no merit as to the legal rights they may or may not deserve.

We all have the right to the pursuit of happiness, however; as with all things there are limits, take a moment and think of inhumane and immoral things that have made people happy before in the past. Many men would be quite 'happy' being allowed to marry multiple women as poligamists, and some women claim to enjoy that life style as well; however, polygamy is and will be illegal. Too bad for all the men out there who just can't make up thier minds...

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gay marriage should be legal. Gay people have families and children, and there are certain rights pertaining to the family that are only available to married people. More to the point though, there are no real reasons to ban gay marriage aside from religion, and forcing your religious views on the general population is unconstitutional.

Lord Kanti

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Please show me where in the constitution where it says we have the right to marriage...

Forcing religious vies is unconstitutional!? perhaps you are not familiar with the 10 commandments and how they have shaped the laws of man as well as the laws of the USA.

It's a religious view that murder is wrong

It's a religious view that stealing is wrong

It's a religious view that lying is wrong

perhaps we should eliminate all laws that coincide with religious beliefs and see how thin our lawbooks become.

please think before you post.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lord Kanti said:
Please show me where in the constitution where it says we have the right to marriage...

Forcing religious vies is unconstitutional!? perhaps you are not familiar with the 10 commandments and how they have shaped the laws of man as well as the laws of the USA.

It's a religious view that murder is wrong

It's a religious view that stealing is wrong

It's a religious view that lying is wrong

perhaps we should eliminate all laws that coincide with religious beliefs and see how thin our lawbooks become.

please think before you post.
You got this all wrong. Your right that most laws have religious backings but the laws you use as examples are not like the gay marriage proposal. Banning murder and stealing doesn't discriminate against anyone except criminals. If gay marriage is banned that will discriminant against homosexuals. No discrimination is what America is all about in TODAY'S times (although discrimination still exist).

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh please. The idea that you own morality just because you have a book that says so is laughable, as is the idea that anything that coincides with that book must be based on it. And by the way, I never said that marriage was a constitutional right.

It is NOT a religious view that murder is wrong, it is the view of everyone that has ever seen the damage done by murder, religious or not.

It is NOT a religious view that stealing is wrong, it is the view of everyone that has any sense of justice, religious or not.

It is NOT a religious view that lying is wrong, it is the view of everyone that values the truth, religious or not.

The fact that the men who wrote the bible held the same beliefs as most other people on this subject doesn't give the bible any extra authority.

Please think before you post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, I think back then it was the same as nowadays