What did you Accomplish in Gaming Today?

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a little tweek on my copy of retroarch, Finally got at the very least, Killzone Liberation to have less glitching on the game. Still don't understand why All my other game work perfectly fine without tweeking it. Weird.

Reactions: godreborn

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
couldn't sleep last night, so I fought the fourth lord in tales of arise. I beat her, and now I'm in a jungle getting my ass kicked by regular enemies. I think I need to level up, because I can only do about three battles before I have no more cp. enemies are taking out like 900 from one hit, and I only have the mid 2,000s in health for each character.

also, @peteruk will like this, but I tend to go downstairs in the evenings and play on the switch while waiting for dinner. I have all green stars/stamps/top of the flagpole in 3d world up to world Mushroom. I did world Star last night, and I have the mystery house beaten in world Mushroom. I haven't go through any other stages there yet, but I'm getting up there. I think I have like 285 stars atm.

YERRRRSSSS!!!! Go on mate, keep smashing it 👊

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
20220317_180326.jpg

Did the thing!
This was a fun game, might not have quite all the depth of later Zelda games, but honestly it was pretty deep for a 1986 game (I was there, maaaan). If you're gonna play it, it's worth reading the original manual - info and story that these days would be integrated in the game, back then had to be included on paper.

Not gonna start the second quest right away, might come back to it some other time, got Zelda 2 and some other stuff to get on with first. Anyway, this Game & Watch was a nice way to play it, yes still an unnecessary novelty when I already have so many devices that could run it, but it feels at home, was a comfy way to play it, and I like green stuff...

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've recently beaten both versions of Megaman Battle Network 3 recently, after beating the second one some time ago, as well as Operation StarForce, the enhancement of the first BN game. Gonna try to tackle 4-6 next maybe.

Reactions: hippy dave

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's been a while since I've shown my progress in kicking dkc returns ass, but I just made it to world 7, all kong letters, all stages beaten, without dying. I actually beat world 5K, world 5 boss, and 6K without getting hit. :D I also got to the final lord's castle in arise:

20220319_150412.jpg

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Getting

- Moorhuhn
- Moorhuhn 2
- Moorhuhn Winter Edition
- Moorhuhn 3

working under Windows 11 using dege VooDoo v2 Tool.😊👌
If anyone is wondering what the hell these games are well they were realesed in the rest of the world under the name Crazy Chicken.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone is wondering what the hell these games are well they were realesed in the rest of the world under the name Crazy Chicken.
reminds me of when I was living in Japan, where's waldo in Japan is called where's wally. afaik, it's only called where's waldo in the states for inexplicable reasons. :P

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
reminds me of when I was living in Japan, where's waldo in Japan is called where's wally. afaik, it's only called where's waldo in the states for inexplicable reasons. :P
Yep here in Scotland he is also called Wally lol which is probably because its a commonly used name but never heard anyone ever having the name Waldo :rofl2:

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OK so seen this.

the American publishers of the books felt the name would not resonate with the North American readers; so when the book was finally published there in 1987, the character was renamed Waldo (different name changes worldwide were made in other countries, such as Charlie for France and Walter for Germany.

Now Walter in Germany makes sense as the shortened version of Walter here in Scotland is yep you guessed it Wally.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so seen this.

the American publishers of the books felt the name would not resonate with the North American readers; so when the book was finally published there in 1987, the character was renamed Waldo (different name changes worldwide were made in other countries, such as Charlie for France and Walter for Germany.

Now Walter in Germany makes sense as the shortened version of Walter here in Scotland is yep you guessed it Wally.
"Wally and the Beav" here in America, makes no real sense to me why they thought it would work better.

Reactions: AmandaRose

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"Wally and the Beav" here in America, makes no real sense to me why they thought it would work better.
This confused me for a while then I think I have just worked out what you mean. Is this in reference to Leave it to Beaver the fact that Theodore (Beaver) Cleaver had a brother called Wally??

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER