What did you Accomplish in Gaming Today?

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was hunting a purple Gypseros in Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate when a Savage Deviljo showed up. Ran away from it and managed to live. Then got to HR5 after completing the Pink Rathian quest.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Finally got the "Hurry Up!" feat in Shovel Knight (3DS) today, after three attempts. It requires you to beat the game within 90 minutes, and I beat it in 85. I also got the feat "True Shovelry" (beat the game without any special items) in the same run, and used a backed up, earlier version of the same save file to get the feat "penny pincher" (beat the game without spending any money).

In all, i played about 6 hours of that game today. Now I only have three feats left, and I can get them all in one run (one of them involves beating the game without dying, and two others are related). Then I'll have 100%'d the game, which makes me sad. :( But there's still new free content on the way, and i haven't even touched the cheat codes yet! :D

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Did you end up getting the Great Fairy Mask, by saving the Clock Town Great Fairy a second time (I think you have to be human)? That makes all the stray fairies pretty easy, or at least manageable, because the mask's hair sparkles whenever there are any in your current room. It also attracts them to you once they've been freed.
Of course I did, isn't optional if you want to find them all(like the one in the pillar at the beginning of snowfall temple, you need to burst the bubble and attract it to you with said item).
Now to Romani ranch, tedious part but must protect the loli.
One of my favorite characters, and one of my favorite side quests! ^.^
I love Romani(Sakitoshi rule n°1: if is a loli, instantly love it) but I hate those aliens, hopefully the quest is easier if you use the inverted song of time and don't last as long as in the N64 because the slow time isn't as slow as before.

Anyway.... got zora mask, finished "metal gear: gerudo pirate edition", got the hookshot and all the eggs, oohh and got the 4rt bottle in the process. saved at the beginning of great bay temple, but I have less than 6 hours left, so I'll need to rewind the time or speedrun the temple.

Played with some abysmally bad players on Smash U online and played some team smash online with a friend, there was a team of Mario and Jigglypuff that was quite good, I mimicked Jigglypuff and landed some interesting rests. also there was a team of 2 Sonics than spammed side B like there was no tomorrow, so we selected King Rererekt and Ike in the next matches against them for ultimate wreckage.

I forgot to share my NNID before, so I'll put it on my sig.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I put another 6 hours into Shovel Knight (3DS) today, banging out a playthrough to get the feats for not dying, not falling into pits, and destroying every checkpoint. This also means I've finally 100%d the game! :D It's a bittersweet feeling. This is easily my GotY 2014 (either that or Bayonetta 2, I can't decide), and I put nearly 40 hours into the 3DS version alone. I can't wait for the free additional content to come out! Maybe if I get another Shovel Knight itch before then, I'll play around with those cheat codes. :)

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Got Platinum on Dragon's Crown.
Only at the end, when going for the 100 000 damage trophy, I realized how much difference the equipment boosts make.
First did only 65000 damage with a bomb after using a strength potion.
After equipping armor with multiple added damage bonuses it did 220000 damage.
Didn't know the bonuses stacked and thought only the biggest boost counted.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I beat another couple games that I started long ago, but never finished until now! :D
  • Assassin's Creed (360)- Very repetitive and formulaic (it was literally the same exact thing nine times, across three different locations with slight variance in the "boss" assassinations), but overall I had a good time. I already have Assassin's Creed II (360), but I'm going to take a little break before moving on to it. I hear it's loads better than AC1, and I already played a bit of it once upon a time, long ago.
  • Gears of War: Judgment (360)- Beat both the main and "Aftermath" campaigns on hardcore difficulty. This is actually a big deal with me, because earlier this year, I was playing this game in co-op with my (now ex) girlfriend. We had already played through the trilogy, and neither of us had played Judgment, so we had a go. We ended up giving up during the final firefight at the end of Act 3, because we kept dying. Now picking it up myself quite some time later (about 8 months), I got past it with reasonable ease, and breezed through the rest of the game on my own within 24 hours. My opinion of the game is still considerably lower than the original trilogy, but I still had quite a bit of fun.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I beat Symphony of the Night for the first time. The difficulty curve of this game is weird. First it's pretty easy, then when you get to the upside down castle you'll get owned for a bit, then it's easy again. Until you get to the upside down catacombs which is just what even.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I beat Symphony of the Night for the first time. The difficulty curve of this game is weird. First it's pretty easy, then when you get to the upside down castle you'll get owned for a bit, then it's easy again. Until you get to the upside down catacombs which is just what even.
That's one of the flaws of the Metroid style Castlevania games, I think. The RPG leveling system is unnecessary and screws the difficulty curve.

NAND0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I beat snowhead temple on Majora's Mask. Experienced some gaming rage trying to figure things out but managed to complete it without the help of a guide.

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta lol

Reactions: Sakitoshi

OncRN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put another 6 hours into Shovel Knight (3DS) today, banging out a playthrough to get the feats for not dying, not falling into pits, and destroying every checkpoint. This also means I've finally 100%d the game! :D It's a bittersweet feeling. This is easily my GotY 2014 (either that or Bayonetta 2, I can't decide), and I put nearly 40 hours into the 3DS version alone. I can't wait for the free additional content to come out! Maybe if I get another Shovel Knight itch before then, I'll play around with those cheat codes. :)

Congrats- Shovel Knight is absolutely one of the best games out there- has tremendous replayability in my book. Love the retro style, and everything they did with the game was great. I'll probably never get all the feats like you have, but I'll still play it just because it's fun.

Dax_Fame

Annoying Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dropped my RWS almost 4 points on ESEA :yay: in a single day!

If you don't know what this means, just know you need to suck really bad to do it, like suck on bricks bad.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Congrats- Shovel Knight is absolutely one of the best games out there- has tremendous replayability in my book. Love the retro style, and everything they did with the game was great. I'll probably never get all the feats like you have, but I'll still play it just because it's fun.

Getting all the feats actually isn't particularly tough, except for the "Hurry Up!" feat (beat the game in 90 minutes). Pretty much all the others just require patience and, if you're like me, a willingness to quit the level and restart every time you die during the "Impossible" feat (beat the game without dying). :P

And those last three feats I got really just all tie into the "Impossible" feat. Of course the "Perfect Platformer" feat (don't die by falling into pits) is basically grandfathered into "Impossible," and you might as well get "Checkpointless" (destroy every checkpoint possible in the game) while you're at it, since you'll never be able to use checkpoints if you're going for "Impossible."

Anyway, a LONG while back I was playing my at-the-time girlfriend's copy of Kirby: Canvas Curse (DS), and got to the ice stage in Level 7 before giving up, because I just couldn't beat it. Anyway, yesterday I bought the game for myself at GameStop, and there was already save data on there up through the first stage of level 6. Instead of starting over, I just decided to continue that save file since it was pretty close to where I left off. Today I got up to that same wretched ice stage in level 7 and, after only a couple tries, I beat it! Pretty proud of myself, right now. :) Now I just need to actually beat the game!

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Pirated tried Dragon Ball Xenoverse on X360 and I liked it, so I bought it for PS4, ooohhh has been a long time since the last time I even played a DB game, never caught the PS2 ones and didn't liked the other ones I tried that I was thinking suffered from the curse of "good anime, bad games" but looks like isn't the case.
Anyway..... I made a female (loli) majin, I just couldn't resist. just finished Frieza's saga and started Cell's.

Also my cousin handed over my midnight purple ON3DS(AKA: Old Nintendo 3DS) after a year and a half I lended it to her, and now that I see a regular 3DS again I can't believe the sharpness and detail of the smaller screen, this reaffirm my verdict of waiting for the NN3DS(dammit NOA :angry:). I'll use it when I could just for dat sharp screen :yaynds:.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Well my plan for the day now that I'm done with work was to get back to Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, but my daughter has shanghai'd my 3DS XL so she can watch more of the Pokemon episodes on the Anime Channel app. So I'm working my way through recently acquired (for 20p boxed mint, no less) PS1 classic Ace Combat 3 Electrosphere. At least until she finishes watching her damn cartoons, goes for her nap and I can retrieve my 3DS and get back to brutally murdering innocent creatures. To be fair Rathian was only trying to protect her nest. I really had no legitimate reason to smack her in the face with a hammer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo