what do you guys think about gay marriage??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
BlueStar said:
People get married without any intention of having children. People unable to have children still get married. People have children without getting married. There is clearly much more to marriage than procreation. That's just something pushed by organised religions who want as many little catholics/muslims/whatever popping out to bolster their numbers.

This is why I draw the division. I believe that marriage is too complicated and formalized as an institution nowadays.

I believe that there is absolutely no need for marriage if you're not intended to create a family unit. This is the core idea behind marriage, anything else can be achieved in a standard relationship, which can also be formalized if that is your desire.

QUOTEYes they are, they have a right to believe whatever parts of the bible they want.

That's called "don't give a shitism". Either you believe the whole thing or you don't. Obviously the Bible is just a moral framework, not a set of factual stories written in stone. Never the less, you can't pick and choose.

Imagine if judges judged people based on excerpts. "Oh, this part of the Law sounds okay. Oh, wait. This one doesn't. Meh, I'll go with part 1 and forget about part 2". That's not how it works. If you call yourself a good Christian, you follow the bible in its whole, not excerpts.

That makes me a bad Christian, and I realize that, but at least I *acknowlage* it instead of painting myself with brighter colours than I really am.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Foxi4 said:
Pong20302000 said:
Foxi4 said:
Just to make my point clear one more time, since I guess I strayed off-topic a bit.

I'm all okay for same-sex marriages, in the sense of a union between two people for the sake of taxes and other legal issues. I'm againts adoption though, since I believe in the school of Behaviorism.

but then what happens if they adopt but there kids go to a private boarding school?

It's a psychological thing. What are you going to do on Mother's day when you have two fathers? What will you do on a "Visiting Dad at Work" day when you have two moms? Besides, you don't send little children to boarding schools, do you?

Not even wasting my time, I've already shown the evidence.

And by that you mean you've shown no evidence at all.

Lol if you got no mom you do nothing lol
and if you adopted you still have a mum

boarding school in the UK start at 2 years old

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
Foxi4 I've shown who supports same sex parenting apparently you need to read what I write closer. So what do you do if your raised by a single parent, same thing nothing, are you seriously asking something this stupid?

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Ritsuki said:
smile72 said:
Okay, but you realize some churches do perform same sex marriages right.

Yeah, I know, good for them. But tell me if I'm wrong, they're not permitted by the christian religion. Anyway, I'm against it because of religion. I tend to think that some aspects of religion should not be changed. Like foxi said, legal marriage and religeous marriage is clearly not the same for me. Again, I'm not talking about the legal title or even having children. Just about the religeous part.

All the Church's where i live in the UK, even the Full blown Christian ones support all types of marriages.
guess the people near me focus on peoples happiness rather than pushing a 2000 year old story book on people

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Pong20302000 said:
Ritsuki said:
smile72 said:

Yeah, I know, good for them. But tell me if I'm wrong, they're not permitted by the christian religion. Anyway, I'm against it because of religion. I tend to think that some aspects of religion should not be changed. Like foxi said, legal marriage and religeous marriage is clearly not the same for me. Again, I'm not talking about the legal title or even having children. Just about the religeous part.

All the Church's where i live in the UK, even the Full blown Christian ones support all types of marriages.
guess the people near me focus on peoples happiness rather than pushing a 2000 year old story book on people

You're full of it John, I've been to the UK several times and a zillion of peeps tried to "save" me and my girlfriend. Preachings in the UK vary, most Baptist churches for example state that animals do not posses the Immortal Soul, even though the Bible says clearly otherwise on numerous instances.

So no, they're not as unified as you may think. Their prechings vary A WHOLE LOT.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
smile72 said:
Yes they are, they have a right to believe whatever parts of the bible they want.

Yeah, I know, that's what I do (btw, I'm not christian), but we can't just say 'I do not belive in that rule, so I'm not going to follow it'. It's a bit to easy. Religion is something that doesn't change a lot. So instead of changing it, why don't we change our system ? I don't care about same sex person who wants to marry. The most important thing is to be happy (even if I think that marriage is not the best way to be happy, but that's off topic and only my opinion
biggrin.gif
). Even if a guy wants to marry a dog, fine ! But not in a religeous way, because it would be againt the religion.

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Foxi4 said:
Pong20302000 said:
Ritsuki said:
smile72 said:

You're full of it John, I've been to the UK several times and a zillion of peeps tried to "save" me and my girlfriend. Preachings in the UK vary, most Baptist churches for example state that animals do not posses the Immortal Soul, even though the Bible says clearly otherwise on numerous instances.

So no, they're not as unified as you may think. Their prechings vary A WHOLE LOT.

John?
LOL!
even GayLittleCatBoy knows my real name and it aint John
you must of gone to the wrong part of the UK

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
Ritsuki Do you remember the example I gave where LDS changed to allow black people to join, they believed they were black because they were cursed by God, they now omit that from The Book of Mormon.

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
It's okay pong20302000, he just can't keep his lies together anymore. Wouldn't be smarter to just call you by your username?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Pong20302000 said:
John?
LOL!
even GayLittleCatBoy knows my real name and it aint John
you must of gone to the wrong part of the UK

Wouldn't know, I'm not a regular Temper. I hop in here for brief spamatons.

And I guess you're right, I don't conscider Wales to be very "British" in the first place, I can understand where they're comming from when they say they want to separate from the main UK body.

QUOTEIt's okay pong20302000, he just can't keep his lies together anymore. Wouldn't be smarter to just call you by your username?

Pong used my fake name in a different argument, so I thought I'll just carry on with the funny game a little longer.

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Lol i know where he got John from tho
its from my fake name on youtube

its the internet
on site like this you gotta have a fake ID

id post you IP and location and stuff puts thats too personal

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ritsuki said:
smile72 said:
Yes they are, they have a right to believe whatever parts of the bible they want.

Yeah, I know, that's what I do (btw, I'm not christian), but we can't just say 'I do not belive in that rule, so I'm not going to follow it'. It's a bit to easy. Religion is something that doesn't change a lot. So instead of changing it, why don't we change our system ? I don't care about same sex person who wants to marry. The most important thing is to be happy (even if I think that marriage is not the best way to be happy, but that's off topic and only my opinion
biggrin.gif
). Even if a guy wants to marry a dog, fine ! But not in a religeous way, because it would be againt the religion.
Actually no, it is not. There is nothing in the New Testament against homosexuality (there is something about Bestiality though) In fact Jesus was not against homosexuals. There was something in the Old Testament, but most Christan based religions don't follow the Old Testaments, because Jesus said that is no longer needed.
There where the problem is because that's where it creates the contradictions.

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, the Old Testament really only mentions where it's bad to have sex with men, only applies if you're Jewish, because Christians almost never obey the Old Testament. And it doesn't matter to the Jews as they're all going to Heaven anyway (if they're right).

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't say I know many Christians over here, but the handful I do all support gay marriage. In fact they're some of the most liberal people in my circle of friends.

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Foxi4 said:
Pong20302000 said:
Foxi4 said:
Pong20302000 said:
id post you IP and location and stuff puts thats too personal

I have no problem with that, mine's _______

ok long as you fine with that
tongue.gif

*beep* Wrong
wink.gif
Try again, wrong node.

im not even trying
clearly the quick responses say something about you tho?

Topic:

YAY to Gays

death to Nays

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Foxi4 said:
That's called "don't give a shitism". Either you believe the whole thing or you don't. Obviously the Bible is just a moral framework, not a set of factual stories written in stone. Never the less, you can't pick and choose.

Everyone picks and chooses. From which translation you decide to read, to how much of the Old Testament you think is superceeded by the new stuff. There are thousands of different denominations and interpretations of the bible, most of which think they aren't cherry picking, and yet all of which have different views on what the bible says, to varying degrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I honestly just download movies on my phone put them on my card reader then on my tv so much better than wireless transfer bs
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Glad I bought a card reader type c and usb A makes life easy
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i download movies on my PC that is connected to my living room tv.
    Monitors are too small for my bad eyesight so I use my main tv and wirelss keyboard and wireless trackball mouse.
    I tried wireless transfer on phone before and yes, it's garbage. lol. So sloooooooooowwwwww.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New south park was not really that funny.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i heard modern south park is too serious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did it hurt your feelings?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Some are still funny, but they always try to use a subject matter related to something going on today.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All you need is one dose of Lizzo to make yourself feel better
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Who tf is lizzo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They always make valid points on that show and it goes over people's heads over sensitivity reasons
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa i mean south park did that way back in the day too
    +2
    remember the Michael Jackson episodes?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or blaming the only jew in the show on 9/11 or having the police shoot the only black kid during a school shooting or saying Kanye a gay fish list goes on
    +2
    the gay fish thing was funny as fuck
    +1
    and i don't even follow or care about kanhye
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Everytime i hear that real song, i think of that episode, "I'm a Gay fish yal."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So was the way they showed how messed up the American health system was to get anything done
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont watch south park that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Old people driving was a funny one, like cars up on 2nd/3rd floors in houses. Had to shut down old country buffet to stop them.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/VAfy26xs6e0?si=EuGdWe_Y25-rfmms accurate